Dark Lord Potter Forums
Go Back   Dark Lord Potter Forums > Games > Little Italy
Donate Register Rules Library List IRC Chat FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Donate to DLP Scryer Banner

 
Bookmarks Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Today, 02:20 AM   #2381
owner
Squib
 
owner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: here, in the present
Gender: Female
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarizok View Post
Loool. We're all desperate for that sweet helpful-town cred.

Or we're just nice and helpful. Can't believe that of Fluff though...
<3
Let's see. This was in reference to Vaimes, his fluffiness and Jarizok answering dyachei's "what is the oracle role" question.

Not sure if there is anything alignment indicative here.

I guess I'm wondering if he would be more like to bring up words like town cred more as scum or as town. But yeah, that probably wouldn't be the easiest thing to figure out at this point.
__________________
 
owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:22 AM   #2382
Newcomb
Death Eater
 
Newcomb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: The Evergreen State
Age: 29
Gender: Male
Posts: 991
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvercrys3467 View Post
[THEORY POST]

Also, here's the thing.

If I'm an obvious villager, like you're saying, then you know I'm a villager and you're a villager even if you're not an obvious villager.

But if you're not an obvious villager, I have less information than you do because I don't know you're a villager.

So if you're a villager and my reads are halfway upside down, I need your input more than you need mine. Because that's the only way I can figure it out, /especially/ in a Witch Hunt because there's no mod flips so the only way I can tell your alignment for sure is from what you've said.

Where would you take the thread if /you/ had control? Why? Who do /you/ think is the best lynch right now? Why? What is the thing you saw when you made the votals? What is so interesting about the votals you posted that you wanted us to see them? Why were you scum reading Jarizok forever, and are you still?

If you're a villager, it helps me see what you're thinking and gives me a chance to reevaluate my read of you. If you're a witch, it might give away your partner or partners.

Either way is good for the village as a whole, so if you're a villager there's no reason not to do it unless it's a role read or something.

[/THEORY]
It says like zero about silver's alignment but I agree with almost all of this, fwiw.

---------- Post automerged at 11:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by dichotomousCreator View Post
sigh

alright

who's town? who's scum? why? :V



full disclosure I'm kind of disappointed with myself as well ._.

I mean I know why I'm not posting up to standard (basically what I said to Citrus earlier) but it still sucks. Biggest issue is not having resources for a reread b/c I feel like a lot of my reads are stale/shallow and it'll take a large time investment to correct them at this point.
Off the cuff and perhaps mistakenly drawing a line between this and his RWBY mafia QT but this feels like town!dC. Ish? Need more than just this data point I think.
__________________
𝄢
FFN | DLP | ???
Newcomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:23 AM   #2383
owner
Squib
 
owner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: here, in the present
Gender: Female
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by dichotomousCreator View Post
That was the joke, yes :V

(I doubt Vaimes would say something like that if there even was Oracle in the list)



Uh, the fact there ISN'T an oracle makes me hate this. It's like reflexively doubtcasting to the point of not even verifying the reason to need to doubtcast exists. Lynch: owner

Alright, let me know what in here is stupid and wrong pls:

 
- Holy roles: I think Bishop wants to announce their info as soon as they get it, Priest...claims with one scum check? Acolyte obviously exposes fake priestclaims if they happen and backs up the Priest if they're not believed, but note Acolyte is still useful even if the Priest dies and no fakeclaim occurs because the Inquisitor can townfirm you and/or scum Inquisitor can be baited into killing essentially a vanilla.
- Gravedigger/Undertaker: Most likely don't say anything about your info unless 1) you're about to get lynched, 2) town asks something like "GD, claim if player X was scum", or 3) there's a really bad assumption you know is false that is ruining like everyone's worldbuilding. I have a couple thoughts about how to handle a lynch/CC of these roles, but I am unsure if saying it is -EV in case they're scum or it tells scum how to CC them? Any opinions on this?
- Peeping Tom: Last game I played with this they were advised to save as an extra Judge shot. In this roleset...I don't think there's as much of a slam dunk. Maybe peeping the GD/UT on a night with vital flip information to allow that info to get out without them claiming? Risk there is the GD/UT is scum and you're killed to cover up future lies, and since it's their night info about your flip doesn't get out to expose them (note if you peek scum and they don't like this, they can kill you in response)
- Pagan: I have no clue how to use this role, honestly. You can't announce it in advance because then any demons just haunt off the desired kill targets, so I guess take your best guess?
- Assassin: Activate to kill roleclaimed players town wants dead. There's other stuff that's -EV to mention unless it happens, so I won't, but think about other possible applications of your role.
- Hunter: You may end up directed i.e. "if so-and-so survives the lynch, shoot them in the night". If you're triggered by someone surviving a nightkill instead this is basically a one-shot vigilante kill. You CAN hold your fire, so keep that in mind if you're REALLY not confident you have a good shot.
- Dirty Old Bastard: Claim this as you get lynched so town can direct you. If you're killed in the night, similar advice to Hunter.
- Loose Cannon: Same as DOB if you're getting lynched. Loose Cannon can't generally save the town from overrun, but if you survive to an endgame with just you and a scum then you can win the game for town I think? If you're mad and want to activate on someone, PLEASE at least ask them to claim so you don't end up accidentally running over the Bishop just before Halftime.
- Fortuneteller: Your effectiveness is probably already determined. Report in if your info contradicts a claim, or worldbuilding is assuming things that you know are false.
- Spiritualist: Your info will probably be requested if it is needed. Otherwise just keep quiet.
- Inquisitor: Try to find holy players. Keep quiet about any you find, try to steer lynches away from them but not in a way that links back to them if your role is revealed to scum. Check any holy claims immediately, and falsify anyone fakeclaiming a holy role. Back a Bishop halftime claim if you know it to be true, since that's basically a slam dunk win.
- Ranger: Pretty much just a vig shot. See Hunter night advice. Play conservatively to survive to Halftime if you can, though.
- Conspirator: You'll know if one of your known roles claims that they're town, and on top of that you know that the roles the Agents have are town. This can be important if e.g. the Gravedigger being town is important. Try to survive to Halftime to get your extra life, naturally.
- Butcher: Basically the same as Ranger in terms of actions. Don't think trying to hit scum!Conspirator is likely to be possible, and it's not like there's many sources of survival in this setup.
- Zealot: Back up the Bishop's claim if you both survive that long. Falsify any holy fakeclaims that might appear. Overall, similar to Inquisitor.


also I'm guessing we don't fuck around with the agent/little witch dynamic to avoid giving info to scum when they're deciding?
I guess the only problem that I might still have with you off the top of my head would revolve around how you are constantly talking about the dynamic of agents and little witches.

Or I guess I'm not overly use to people talking so much in detail about mechanics that I can't necessarily always follow where they are going with all that they mention or say about mechanics and the roles in play.
__________________
 
owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:25 AM   #2384
Newcomb
Death Eater
 
Newcomb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: The Evergreen State
Age: 29
Gender: Male
Posts: 991
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miner View Post
Last dayphase I was in a place where there was like hours of driving so I'd be sitting there in the car with nothing to do liveposting on anything and everything.

This dayphase I'm getting dragged to parties and meetups and literally every social event you could possibly think of, so I don't exactly have that same amount of time to post.

Pretty much would only lynch mal, Vaimes, or Citrus today.

Maybe beru. Jari warrants closer attention too.
Man the fact that Mal was widely scumread before I jumped on him I feel super mixed about.

On the one hand, at least that's a lynch that can almost certainly happen.

On the other, bleh consensus. If Mal's a witch here, I get some major postgame cred for getting him off like 3 posts like 30 minutes after I replaced in.

Anyone townreading Mal, by the way?

Because there's also the "well this is a little /too/ consensus-y" thing and absent Mal being around and Doing Things to make me revise my read on him, I'd settle for someone defending him to add something to the stew here.
__________________
𝄢
FFN | DLP | ???
Newcomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:25 AM   #2385
owner
Squib
 
owner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: here, in the present
Gender: Female
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by his fluffiness View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarizok View Post
Loool. We're all desperate for that sweet helpful-town cred.

Or we're just nice and helpful. Can't believe that of Fluff though...
<3
Why so mean?
Fluff's concern is so of fake here, but it is still early, when this was posted.
__________________
 
owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:26 AM   #2386
Newcomb
Death Eater
 
Newcomb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: The Evergreen State
Age: 29
Gender: Male
Posts: 991
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miner View Post
Last dayphase I was in a place where there was like hours of driving so I'd be sitting there in the car with nothing to do liveposting on anything and everything.

This dayphase I'm getting dragged to parties and meetups and literally every social event you could possibly think of, so I don't exactly have that same amount of time to post.

Pretty much would only lynch mal, Vaimes, or Citrus today.

Maybe beru. Jari warrants closer attention too.
Vaimes and Citrus have basically done zilch since I replaced in but this also reminded me that that fact in and of itself is kind of unusual.
__________________
𝄢
FFN | DLP | ???
Newcomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:28 AM   #2387
owner
Squib
 
owner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: here, in the present
Gender: Female
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaiDASH View Post
lynch rubicon

Always a witch.

Here's the TLDR for roles: Don't claim outside of exceptional circumstance. If you're getting lynched, we don't care about your role unless you're Holy, the DOB or the LC.
Why I asked you about Fable last night was having to do with this post; I felt like you might be more in favor of lynching Fable because he claimed something you didn't list. But what do I know?
__________________
 
owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:28 AM   #2388
KaiDASH
High Inquisitor
 
KaiDASH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Australia
Age: 26
Gender: Special Snowflake
Posts: 550
DLP Supporter Donor Star
With Rubicon, whenever he posts about things that aren't me I'm like 'wow this is Rubicon as town!'. And then he posts about me and accuses me of not being spicy enough or missing my essential essence (my phrasing, to be clear) and I'm like what is this even?

I'm just going to ask you straight up: Are you sure you actually know what you're doing here? You've never not been a Witch in games with me so this is new territory for you - I think you ought to rethink your assumptions here.

(My pet tinfoil world is that Rubicon is a witch and he thinks it'd be the toppest kek to mislynch me)
__________________
KaiDASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:28 AM   #2389
Newcomb
Death Eater
 
Newcomb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: The Evergreen State
Age: 29
Gender: Male
Posts: 991
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miner View Post
?

??

???

Fable I had a meta LT on because I have the most recent scum Xp with him in the game. Like he's supposed to be good at wolfing and I've seen how he makes partners do things in scum chat and whatever he did with tom yesterday wasn't it. With the amount that tom voted Fable if Fable was scum he'd have bussed tom into the ground and there were plenty of opportunities to do so.

But no I'm not voting mal because his votes on Fable. Fable is a bad but necessary lynch at this point. I'm voting mal because I think based on behavior of both Acio and mal that slot is scum.

---------- Post automerged at 08:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:54 PM ----------

Also Wei started the Acio wagon he just moved off and then back on
Gonna need you to explain that one for us kids in the cheap seats.
__________________
𝄢
FFN | DLP | ???
Newcomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:30 AM   #2390
dichotomousCreator
Muggle
 
dichotomousCreator's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Gender: Male
Posts: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubicon View Post
I uh, don't think revealing the identities of the Little Agents was a very good decision?

---------- Post automerged at 11:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 PM ----------

Also, I think I need to drop my townread on owner. Sad!
I mean, Elders already knew 'em and I'm not sure that the -EV of potentially informing the LW who the Agents are is worse than the +EV of potentially informing the Agents who the LW are and/or informing the town of one of the groups.

Also hang on. You had a townread on owner through the lurking and you're just dropping it NOW?

Quote:
Originally Posted by owner View Post
I guess the only problem that I might still have with you off the top of my head would revolve around how you are constantly talking about the dynamic of agents and little witches.

Or I guess I'm not overly use to people talking so much in detail about mechanics that I can't necessarily always follow where they are going with all that they mention or say about mechanics and the roles in play.
It's kind of a necessity to actually catch two of the scum, you know :V
dichotomousCreator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:32 AM   #2391
Newcomb
Death Eater
 
Newcomb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: The Evergreen State
Age: 29
Gender: Male
Posts: 991
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miner View Post
I mean I don't really see what's the problem with voting people you think are scum as long as the person being voted you also think is scum.
The problem is that if you do that and go "well bussing is a thing" you're kind of missing the step where you actually look at those two people and consider the v/w permutations and get a chance to actually re-evaluate your reads but that's neither here nor there.

Like, this entire game is about either confirming, or getting snapped out of the narrative that you're slowly building in your head, and realizing you're voting with someone you're calling a wolf is a pretty big opportunity to do the latter.
__________________
𝄢
FFN | DLP | ???
Newcomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:33 AM   #2392
Jarizok
Fourth Year
 
Jarizok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Malta
Age: 24
Gender: Special Snowflake
Posts: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by dichotomousCreator View Post
I mean, Elders already knew 'em and I'm not sure that the -EV of potentially informing the LW who the Agents are is worse than the +EV of potentially informing the Agents who the LW are and/or informing the town of one of the groups.

Also hang on. You had a townread on owner through the lurking and you're just dropping it NOW?



It's kind of a necessity to actually catch two of the scum, you know :V
Owner falling off could be anything. Owner going back to WH8 style random posting is scummie. One following the other is a bit ???, but with Owner, ??? /is/ scummie.
Jarizok is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:33 AM   #2393
owner
Squib
 
owner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: here, in the present
Gender: Female
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubicon View Post

Also, I think I need to drop my townread on owner. Sad!
Why? 10 char
__________________
 
owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:34 AM   #2394
Newcomb
Death Eater
 
Newcomb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: The Evergreen State
Age: 29
Gender: Male
Posts: 991
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citrus View Post
So let me get this straight.

After posting some votals, you voted me. You justified the vote with these votals. When prompted on your reasoning, you said "later". With less than 24 hours left in the Day, you are once again delaying on giving any reasoning for having your vote on one of the leading wagons for the Day? So what's your plan from here, that hopefully I get mislynched and then toMorrow when the undertaker reveals I'm town you backtrack? Oh wait, no need to backtrack - you wouldn't have posted any reasoning to even be wrong about. How convenient!

And then when I call you out on this, after spending most of your time posting votals and prodding people for activity, you claim your grand reason for delaying on the reason...is because you're disappointed with the lack of activity from other players?!?!?!

Shame. Shame. Shame.
Hum.

What's your most recent wolf game, Citrus?
__________________
𝄢
FFN | DLP | ???
Newcomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:35 AM   #2395
KaiDASH
High Inquisitor
 
KaiDASH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Australia
Age: 26
Gender: Special Snowflake
Posts: 550
DLP Supporter Donor Star
Quote:
Originally Posted by owner View Post
Why I asked you about Fable last night was having to do with this post; I felt like you might be more in favor of lynching Fable because he claimed something you didn't list. But what do I know?
Well, you know you.

A random claim in and of itself doesn't have to be witch play, but it is (and was) -ev town play.

Like, there's certainly /reasons/ to claim there as a witch and if Fable thought he was very likely to get lynched there then it's easier to see. Without knowing Fables assessment it's a NAI thing that's bad for town (and asking is just wine).
__________________
KaiDASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:35 AM   #2396
owner
Squib
 
owner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: here, in the present
Gender: Female
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarizok View Post
Owner falling off could be anything. Owner going back to WH8 style random posting is scummie. One following the other is a bit ???, but with Owner, ??? /is/ scummie.
Yep, the mystery is kind of nice sometimes. Other times, it is less welcome.
__________________
 
owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:35 AM   #2397
Newcomb
Death Eater
 
Newcomb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: The Evergreen State
Age: 29
Gender: Male
Posts: 991
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fable View Post
I'm here I just don't have much to do since I'm set on the next two lynches already.
It's late, you might have already said it recently, but Mal and who else?
__________________
𝄢
FFN | DLP | ???
Newcomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:36 AM   #2398
Jarizok
Fourth Year
 
Jarizok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Malta
Age: 24
Gender: Special Snowflake
Posts: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newcomb View Post
Hum.

What's your most recent wolf game, Citrus?
HPmafia! Shudda read the 1st page.
Jarizok is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:41 AM   #2399
KaiDASH
High Inquisitor
 
KaiDASH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Australia
Age: 26
Gender: Special Snowflake
Posts: 550
DLP Supporter Donor Star
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaiDASH View Post
The way day 2 has fizzled out might indicate that all the witches are happy with how the day is going.... that's uh. Pretty problematic since it'd mean both Citrus and mal are town? Any thoughts? If this is true then I want to lynch completely outside them today.
Since people are around now: Thoughts?
__________________
KaiDASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:44 AM   #2400
owner
Squib
 
owner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: here, in the present
Gender: Female
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by dichotomousCreator View Post
Little coven !
But why would I try to lynch a potential teammate if that were ever ever a case?

---------- Post automerged at 02:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:41 AM ----------

It's kind of funny how dead the thread was until I showed up.

But I'm probably the only one laughing though.

---------- Post automerged at 02:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:42 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by dichotomousCreator View Post
It's kind of a necessity to actually catch two of the scum, you know :V
Technically though, we need to catch more than two scum. Or do you have a different agenda in mind?
__________________
 
owner is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Witch Hunt #9 -Sign-ups Jan Little Italy 137 07-10-2017 03:32 PM
Witch Hunt #8 Eidolonic Little Italy 3892 05-25-2017 09:32 PM
Witch Hunt 7 - Signups Citrus Graveyard 71 09-30-2016 08:06 PM
Warlock Hunt | Witch Victory KaiDASH Little Italy 738 07-20-2013 12:54 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright ©2005 - 2016 DLP Group. All rights reserved.
No personal intellectual property on this site may be used without the credit and express permission of the respective authors.