Dark Lord Potter Forums
Go Back   Dark Lord Potter Forums > Support > Tech Support
Donate Register Rules Library List IRC Chat FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Donate to DLP Scryer Banner

Old 04-16-2017, 08:43 PM   #1
Peter North
Supreme Mugwump

Iphone Messaging Problem

To save money my mother and I share an Apple account. Unfortunately when she texts her friends the texts appear on my phone and when she receives a text on her phone I get interrupted as well. The other night her friends were IM'ing each other and forgot to take her off the sending list so I spent a good hour getting different messages that had nothing to do with me or my Mom.

I usually set the texts to do not disturb but if she starts a new message the process starts all over. Does anyone know of a way to stop this without getting a brand new account?
Yer a wizard 'arry. First we'll get yeh wand and then they'll be the sortin' - Good fun, tha'. Then it's off to Liberia to transfigure Ebola-stained bedsheets into treacle tart... Ohh shouldna told yeh that. Should NOT have told yeh that. ~ Vlad

Last edited by Peter North; 04-16-2017 at 08:47 PM.
Peter North is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 09:48 PM   #2
Sacro
Seventh Year

Do you yourself text/call her friends sometimes? If not, try simply blocking them, since I belive the block list is local to the phone and not the account (though I'm not 100% sure).

Sacro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 09:50 PM   #3
Peter North
Supreme Mugwump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacro View Post
Do you yourself text/call her friends sometimes? If not, try simply blocking them, since I belive the block list is local to the phone and not the account (though I'm not 100% sure).
I don't talk to them and I haven't tried the blocking feature because I was worried I'd block them from my mother's phone as well. If that isn't an issue with blocking then I'll go right ahead and do that.
Yer a wizard 'arry. First we'll get yeh wand and then they'll be the sortin' - Good fun, tha'. Then it's off to Liberia to transfigure Ebola-stained bedsheets into treacle tart... Ohh shouldna told yeh that. Should NOT have told yeh that. ~ Vlad
Peter North is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 10:35 PM   #4
Sacro
Seventh Year

Like I said, I'm not 100% sure. Though this support article says "on your device", and not "on your account" or something. I'd say just test it, and if the numbers do appear on your mothers phone as well, simply remove them again.

Sacro is offline   Reply With Quote