Dark Lord Potter Forums Dark Lord Potter Forums  

Go Back   Dark Lord Potter Forums > Library > Recycling Bin
Donate Register Rules Library List IRC Chat FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

PatronusCharm Banner

Old 07-05-2006, 06:11 AM   #41
Antivash
Until we meet again...
...Stay gold. Bang.

Send a message via AIM to Antivash
... Aside from the Ring annoying the shit out of me, i still find this story mildly entertaining. Slash, Snarry or otherwise. I mean WTF. This Harry Pwned on his own. Fucking idiot authors.

Find out how to use a steam sig like this here!
PS: If you PM and ask how to do it, I will ban you. Srsly.
Antivash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 11:10 AM   #42
Fuegodefuerza

This author should have just kept in on the same thread that (s)he had it going on. (S)he's really good at description, though...
Fuegodefuerza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 04:15 AM   #43
Yarrgh!
Fixed
Pirate King

Heh...the short chapter was out of the blue.

I found it ridiculous that Dumbledore has such an easy way of controlling harry....its like it HAD to be that way so that Harry would be forced to stay at Hogwarts.

She's a great writer, so this is pretty irritating to me. She could have made up a brilliant way for him to stay, if that's what she was heading towards. This 'ring' seems like it will just be something that means a lot to Harry, and he'll be forced to stay at Hogwarts.

I'm happy that it won't be Snarry, but still...Snape's character is over to top, IMO. I don't like Snape, but I cna tolerate a powerful!Snape. This SNape just seems ridiculously OOC. He might be powerful in Canon, but he IS NOT this sexy, intriguing character. He is ugly and vindictive, a bitter person who's nature is reflected in his looks.

I'm still reading it, but each chapter makes the story less attractive to me. I LOVED this story when it came out...i left her an extremely positive review. Now...meh.
Yarrgh! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 10:52 AM   #44
Fuegodefuerza

I got the impression that the ring somehow blocked some painful memory, and Harry couldn't bear to remember, so he's gonna have to stay at Hogwarts until he gets the ring back...
Old 07-06-2006, 03:44 PM   #45
Taure
God of Magic
~Soap Box~

DLP Supporter Donor Star
One ring to rule them all, one ring to find them, one ring to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them...

Thats what I think of the ring...it seems to hold some sort of dark power that darkens the soul and magic of the wearer, perhaps makes them more powerful...LotR crossover anyone?

This chapter was OK...I hate seeing Harry manipulated but I feel that I can be confidant in the fact that he will be victorious in the end...and it will be all the more sweet for it.

As for Snape...personally, I didn't notice him much lol. Oh well...
Taure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 07:09 PM   #46
Lord Apophis
Order Member

Even if Harry is forced to stay at Hogwarts so could he at least kill Snape to get rid of him It would also show the Order that they cant control him even if they have his ring that he for some reason needs.

“Actually, I suppose you’re no better because you sound like some sort of mold that could destroy houses and disease small children,” the boy snorted from his place on the floor, “Voldemrot… ‘I’m sorry,’” the boy mocked in a deep voice, “‘but you have The-Rot-That-Must-Not-Be-Named in your basement.’”

-lunakatrina's So Sue Me
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3003214/1/
Lord Apophis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 11:25 PM   #47
Raijin
Fifth Year

The ring bit was horrible for me. Especially with such a big change in Harry. I'm ignoring the next five chapters and then check what you guys say.
Raijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 11:07 AM   #48
Fuegodefuerza

She revamped the latest chapter, adding a few scenes and describing what the ring represented much better. I think that she made it a lot better than it had been, so check out ch. 11.
Old 08-02-2006, 10:06 AM   #49
Lord Apophis
Order Member

I really hope that Harry will not be as passive and weak as he was in the latest chapter in the future. Other then that so was the latest chapter OK even if I still does not like the idea of the ring.

“Actually, I suppose you’re no better because you sound like some sort of mold that could destroy houses and disease small children,” the boy snorted from his place on the floor, “Voldemrot… ‘I’m sorry,’” the boy mocked in a deep voice, “‘but you have The-Rot-That-Must-Not-Be-Named in your basement.’”

-lunakatrina's So Sue Me
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3003214/1/
Lord Apophis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 10:09 AM   #50
Yarrgh!
Fixed
Pirate King

Quote:
even if I still does not like the idea of the ring
What are you, a fucking House-Elf?
Yarrgh! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 05:15 PM   #51
Taure
God of Magic
~Soap Box~

DLP Supporter Donor Star
The story has (finally) been updated.

The beginning of the chapter was quite slashy, but I find myself not minding, and the whole chapter reminded me why this is one of my top stories - beautifully written with a great atmosphere and characterisation.

Alot more about the magic system and the ring is explained in this chapter thankfully, and I'm quite pleased by it.

Still 5/5 for me.
Taure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 10:13 AM   #52
Fuegodefuerza

5/5.

Overall, a fantastically written chapter that, as Taure says, maintains the high standards for atmosphere and characterization. Charlie is such an incredible writer, that it's not even funny.

The beginning was almost vomit-inducing, but the rest more than makes up for it. (S)He bounces back from what I view as a mistake to write one of his/her better chapters.

(Gender identification?)
Old 10-29-2006, 12:06 PM   #53
Amerision
God of Magic
Galactic Sheep Emperor

DLP Supporter Donor Star
4/5

While I recognize that the author is a fantastic writer, I can't help but think she's some sort of closet pedophile. Every single child is regarded as beautiful in some innocently sexual way.

I just can't see how little five year olds are beautiful, twelve year olds having "...wanton slutiness...", and fourteen year olds who can make vampires go wild.

She's a Tolkien in the making though, and even more dramatic. Sometimes it goes over the top.

Quote:
But when it did, when Harry spoke, it was not with the explosive power of a wizard provoked to blind rage, but cold, cold like a blast of fiery ice whistling from the depths of an ebony chasm.
I can't help but chuckle at these.

Still, it's enjoyable. I only wish the author would be more equal in showing Harry's bisexuality. Most of the detail has gone toward the slash.

I dream of gardens in the desert sand
I dream of love as time runs through my hand
I dream of fire
Those dreams are tied to a horse that will never tire
And in the flames
Her shadows play in the shape of a man's desire

Amerision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 11:12 PM   #54
Brooklynight
Professor

Awesome store. This is easily the best slash story that I have read. It has none of the fan girl fluff that we all hate in it. No matter how much you hate slash this story is a worthy read. The plot's great. a bid frustrating at the moment while we await Harry's return to his bad ass state.

This fic probably has the best description of criminal Harry I have ever read.
5/5

Brooklynight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 07:34 PM   #55
Andro
God of Magic

DLP Supporter Donor Star
Holy shit, I was looked Kalistar's favorite list and found this at the top. It just updated: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2817585/...ignant_Objects

What I think the author does best is how he/she weaves the atmosphere. The slash got overbearing at times and I feel it's not being balanced by het, and I really don't like how Harry's independence was stripped from him, but it's a good story nevertheless.
Old 10-28-2007, 08:13 PM   #56
yak
God of Magic

The Big Bad is Back, baby!

After many chapters of emotional-cripple Harry, he appears to be his old self again. We'll have to wait for the next chapter for the author to show him off good and proper though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andromalius View Post
The slash got overbearing at times and I feel it's not being balanced by het, and I really don't like how Harry's independence was stripped from him, but it's a good story nevertheless.
TehGayButtsecks doesn't worry me much at all, because we never see Harry lusting after another man. But yeah, I want to see him getting nasty with the wominz too.

Harry's independence started to come back when the Lady and her Wolves stormed Hogwarts several chapters ago.

It is a good story.

Yak
yak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 02:03 AM   #57
Darius
God of Magic
13/m/box

Location: The Octagon - Say that to my face and not online motherfucker and see what happens
This was an awesome story. Sure there was some assfucking between men but I pretty much was able to ignore it. It didn't bother me in the slightest, so slash romance. Just skip over the slash and you don't miss much significant.

5/5

I'm pretty
I'm cute
I'm popular to boot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knox
And How am I fat? I'm 5'11 and 190.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knox
4- I don't weigh 400 pounds and I'm not under 4' feet, Despite what Minion and Sree say. I'm 164 and 6'3. Just measured and weighed myself not a day ago.
Darius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 04:19 PM   #58
The Virus
Muggle

It was good until the author wrote about Harry getting ass pounded by a room of faggoty death eaters. Just a little too far out there for my tastes. If you can get by that, then you can enjoy this fic.
The Virus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 08:42 PM   #59
yak
God of Magic

Harry was a prisoner being tortured and raped by his captors (male and female). It had a very important role to play in Harry's evolution as a character... especially seeing as it lead to Harry becoming his bad old self again.
yak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 06:29 PM   #60
Memory King
Unspeakable

This fic has just gone down the deep end.

I respected this author for the masterful writing skills, even if he managed to wash most of the HP-ness from the story. Lost track of it a long time ago, always intended to wait for more material before getting into it again.

Turning it into a HP/LV totally decimated my interest, however. Definitely not going to waste any of my precious time on this.

Not gonna rate, only know of this development because the summary was updated.

("Solstice, Potter, it's the winter solstice we're celebrating, did you think we cared for Santa Bloody Claus? You're such a Mudblood sometimes…")"

On the Way to Greatness
Memory King is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
author:charlie-dashdot-blue, harry/many, harry/voldemort, slash