Dark Lord Potter Forums
Go Back   Dark Lord Potter Forums > Common Room > Real Life Discussion
Donate Register Rules Library List IRC Chat FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Donate to DLP PatronusCharm Banner

Old 05-30-2006, 07:37 PM   #1
Litha Riddle
Denarii Host

DLP Supporter Donor Star
Send a message via MSN to Litha Riddle Send a message via Yahoo to Litha Riddle
Global Warming

http://www.climatehotmap.org/index.html

Just found this site and wanted to hear your opinions on it.
I think it's a scary prospect but would like to hear other views.

I am aware this forum is very international and wanted to hear a view that's not from biased internal media.
Thank you,
Litha
Old 05-30-2006, 07:53 PM   #2
Cupspeaker
Fixed

As long as I don\'t die due to it, or feel any discomfort during my life because of it, I dont give a shit. But it is bad for civilization as a whole. Oh and the animals and plants too probably.
Cupspeaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 08:00 PM   #3
se7en
Order Member

Some say it's not as bad as everyone says it is, but then some PMS over it. I really don't care about it
Old 05-30-2006, 08:03 PM   #4
Zero
Fifth Year

Send a message via MSN to Zero
It disappoints me to know that anything humanity touches, it inevitably destroys.

But, by the time global warming kicks in i'll probably be dead so whatever.
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 08:04 PM   #5
Litha Riddle
Denarii Host

DLP Supporter Donor Star
I thought I'd ask people due to all the debates in parliament about it. I wanted a realistic world opinion.
Thanks,
Litha
Old 05-30-2006, 11:46 PM   #6
True Story
First Year

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero
It disappoints me to know that anything humanity touches, it inevitably destroys.

But, by the time global warming kicks in i'll probably be dead so whatever.

Actually, if you manage to live the next fifty years, chances are your life will be able to be pro-longed for a very long period of time. That is, it's speculated that by fifty years down the road, stem cell research or nano technology or whatever will be able to add quite a few more decades on to your life. So you might actually live to see its effects. I'm for governments trying to do more about it now, because, it'll be detrimental to me a few years down the line...And, it's pretty stupid.

Last edited by True Story; 05-30-2006 at 11:48 PM.
True Story is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 12:02 AM   #7
SLASH SUCKS
Danced the Hempen Jig

Speaking as an American, there has only been 1 president that attempted to enforce fuel standards and tried to improve vehicles fuel mileage. Nobody liked Carter for it and it once the fuel shortage was over we went back to are evil ways. Bush the retard that he is makes comments about hybrids being weak or some such rott a few years back. Obviously he doesn't understand the problem. One of his advisors should simplify it for him.

Some experts believe that global warming is causing the increase in power and frequency of the hurricanes here as well. I don't know about weather changes in other countries. Other experts also have said its a natural world occurence that the planet cycles through or something like that.

I just think if somehting is going to be done about global warming it's going to require mass riots, murder, picketing, fire bombing of car industries. maybe a car buying strike as well to hopefully make car companies modify their gas guzzlers. And yes i was joking about the murder
SLASH SUCKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 12:20 AM   #8
Litha Riddle
Denarii Host

DLP Supporter Donor Star
If it's a natural occurence or due too excess polution would you take that gamble.
I myself am 25 so I'm less likely to be in the worst but I would like a decent world to give to my nephew and niece.
In my house you leave it as you find it and think that should apply to the earth aswell (in one piece). There are so many possible ways of living without irreversibly damaging the enviroment.
A good example is Hydro/Bio-mass cars. I know they are expensive to run, but if the worlds leaders gave as much funding to them as they does getting oil we would have bloody air cars by now.
How much cash did US/UK spend going to war for oil and gas, that could have been spent on research. Both UK/US have enough oil/gas to be frugul while research is carried out. Also if public transport was better then people would be able to cope without a car. If they cant there is car sharing, bio-mass fuel and even vegatable fat.
The worlds leaders are running out of excuses for damaging our world and are now panicking. I just hope by the time they figure out that global warming is trouble it can be reversed.
As for signs of effects in UK; there have been an increase in floods, decrease in fish stocks/wild birds etc, and an increase in land erosion. Also the weather is starting to get more extreme; hotter summers, snow/hail in spring, -0 in winter and rougher seas, more sea mammals appearing inland (the whale in the thames).