Dark Lord Potter Forums
Go Back   Dark Lord Potter Forums > FanFiction Extras > FanFic Discussion
Donate Register Rules Library List IRC Chat FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Donate to DLP PatronusCharm Banner

Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2012, 07:13 PM   #761
Menace
Victim of PTWCD

Looking at things from an objective standpoint, what he did with the horcruxes was pretty damn exceptional. Splitting your soul seven different ways and becoming quasi-immortal definitely deserves a card, I think.
Old 07-27-2012, 07:14 PM   #762
Bill Door

Yeah, but no one knew that he did that. So they couldn't exactly make a card of that, could they?

I'm a leaf on the wind,

Watch how I soar.

Old 07-27-2012, 07:27 PM   #763
Menace
Victim of PTWCD

Who knows? Maybe one day Harry'll drum up an autobiography and all of the juicy details will be revealed.
Old 07-27-2012, 08:26 PM   #764
Aekiel
Master of Merrill
People Die when they are Killed

DLP Supporter Donor Star
Well.

He controlled a basilisk during his school days. He survived having his body destroyed. A horcrux of his controlled said basilisk during Harry's school days. He successfully plotted a way to regain a body using the blood of one of the most protected wizards in Britain. He and his Death Eaters infiltrated the Ministry of Magic without any Ministry employees noticing. He took over the entire Ministry of Magic. He invented unaided flight.

Even discarding the ones that he had to rely on help for, that's still a fairly impressive list. Hell, he'd probably deserve a card just for unaided flight.

Which pretty much tells you everything you need to know about Mother Winter, right there.
Because you can't, you won't and you don't stop ~ The Beastie Muppets
Old 07-27-2012, 09:25 PM   #765
Sesc
Slytherin at Heart

The texts aren't that long. Come on.

He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named. The infamous Dark Wizard rose in the 1970s and was defeated by the infant Harry Potter on Halloween 1981, who famously survived his Killing Curse. He returned in 1996 and ruled Britain with his followers from 1997 to 1998, before he was again defeated by Potter, this time for good. He-Who-Must-Not-be-Named is rumoured to have been the last ancestor of notorious Hogwarts founder Salazar Slytherin and a Parselmouth. His talent at magic was undisputed, although he never used it for good and "was sorely lacking in certain areas" (A.P.W.B. Dumbledore).

Why the fuck am I writing Chocolate Frog Cards Texts.

Also, regarding his looks. Isn't it plausible that his snake-like appearance came from the period before his resurrection, when he had that ugly child body? They used Nagini for whatever they were doing, and the child-thing is described with the snake attributes. That's what I assumed, at least. And I don't recall those attributes for Quirrelmort.

Secrets of the war, a murder and a fatal attraction. And he has to struggle as hard as he ever did, lest that all might prove to be his undoing.

Unatoned, a Harry Potter Noir Story

I heard that you like the bad girls, honey,
Is that true?
Thumbs Up 2 thumbs up
Old 07-27-2012, 09:30 PM   #766
Bill Door

Quirrelmort was indeed snakified.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosopher's Stone
Harry would have screamed, but he couldn’t make a sound. Where there should have been a back to Quirrell’s head, there was a face, the most terrible face Harry had ever seen. It was chalk white with glaring red eyes and slits for nostrils, like a snake.

I'm a leaf on the wind,

Watch how I soar.

Old 07-27-2012, 11:58 PM   #767
Taure
God of Magic
~Soap Box~

DLP Supporter Donor Star
Through the various scenes in HBP, we see Voldemort's progressively waxy and inhuman appearance as he made more horcruxes. The narrative took special note of how his appearance was becoming more inhuman as he made more of them.
Old 07-28-2012, 12:05 AM   #768
Jormungandr
God of Magic

Yeah, but did he just have a horrific, blurred, waxy-like look that was different to his pre-Quirrel possession/GoF Graveyard days (though with red eyes), or did he assume or have more serpentine qualities on top of his prior fucked-up look after his body was toasted by Lily's sacrifice?
“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”
Old 07-28-2012, 12:07 AM   #769
Taure
God of Magic
~Soap Box~

DLP Supporter Donor Star
To be fair, he made another 2 horcruxes (Harry and Nagini) between when we last saw him (Dumbledore interviewing him) and the present (GOF) time.
Old 07-28-2012, 05:46 AM   #770
willblarg
Muggle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taure View Post
To be fair, he made another 2 horcruxes (Harry and Nagini) between when we last saw him (Dumbledore interviewing him) and the present (GOF) time.
Calling someone a Horcrux is politically incorrect, I believe the correct term is unwilling soul container.

Im more inclined to believe that Voldemort looked less human through making Horcrux's but using Nagini to keep him alive for nearly a year is what gave him his snake like appearance.

On a completely unrelated note I just spell checked my post and apparently the correct way to spell 'Nagini' is 'Vagina' so...
Old 07-28-2012, 08:43 PM   #771
chrnno
Professor

Why would a wizard bother transfiguring or conjuring to earn money? Just buy a bunch of old broken things, use a mending charm and sell them.

As long as you don't tell anyone how you fix them that is not even against the statue of secrecy.
Old 07-28-2012, 08:48 PM   #772
Bill Door

Because that would require considerably more effort, for considerably less reward. Conjuring something to sell would require one spell and is completely free, taking almost no time at all. Whereas buying something to repair costs money, the time to actually buy it, and more effort to sell it.

I'm a leaf on the wind,

Watch how I soar.

Old 07-29-2012, 12:37 AM   #773
wordhammer
Dark Lord

DLP Supporter Donor Star
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrnno View Post
Why would a wizard bother transfiguring or conjuring to earn money? Just buy a bunch of old broken things, use a mending charm and sell them.

As long as you don't tell anyone how you fix them that is not even against the statue of secrecy.
I found it! I have been searching so long but I've finally found it-
the statue of secrecy:

...of course what this has to do with wizard politics, I can't quite fathom. Maybe that's what the frog knows.

Join the DLP C2. It only hurts if you flinch.
Old 07-29-2012, 02:42 AM   #774
Oruma
Minister of Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sesc View Post
The texts aren't that long. Come on.

He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named. The infamous Dark Wizard rose in the 1970s and was defeated by the infant Harry Potter on Halloween 1981, who famously survived his Killing Curse. He returned in 1996 and ruled Britain with his followers from 1997 to 1998, before he was again defeated by Potter, this time for good. He-Who-Must-Not-be-Named is rumoured to have been the last ancestor of notorious Hogwarts founder Salazar Slytherin and a Parselmouth. His talent at magic was undisputed, although he never used it for good and "was sorely lacking in certain areas" (A.P.W.B. Dumbledore).
Descendent, yo.
Old 07-30-2012, 11:42 AM   #775
fash
DA Member

DLP Supporter Donor Star
does anyone have a link to the thread that had all the stories in the library downloaded? been looking but cannot find it

nvm found it: http://forums.darklordpotter.net/sho...loaded+Library

But it seems like none of the links work dang there were a couple stories in there that I wanted to read that dont exist anymore.

Last edited by fash; 07-30-2012 at 11:48 AM.
Old 08-03-2012, 08:59 PM   #776
Alive and Free
Professor

How widely known was Sirius' supposed betrayal of the Potters? I mean the scene with Rosmerta in PoA gives the impression that while the general public knows that he killed a bunch of muggles it didn't know that he was meant to have been the Potters' Secret Keeper and given them up to Voldemort.

Ernest Hemingway
Old 08-03-2012, 09:21 PM   #777
Sesc
Slytherin at Heart

I wondered that, once. Here's what I thought -- while everyone might not know about the Fidelius, they could certainly know that James and Sirius were best friends. On the flip side, Sirius is supposedly the 'Right Hand of Voldemort'. So while the extent of the 'betrayal' might be unknown, I imagined that the fact that Sirius Black did betray his friends (and possibly was responsible for their deaths by Voldemort) was public knowledge, i.e. Daily-Prophet-news.

Secrets of the war, a murder and a fatal attraction. And he has to struggle as hard as he ever did, lest that all might prove to be his undoing.

Unatoned, a Harry Potter Noir Story

I heard that you like the bad girls, honey,
Is that true?
Old 08-04-2012, 02:55 AM   #778
Alive and Free
Professor

Thanks Sesc.

Another question: is Moody training Tonks fanon or canon? I can't remember and my books are in a different state.

Also, I remember mentions in PS of Harry reading his books before he goes to Hogwarts, did it give an idea of how widely he read them?

Ernest Hemingway
Old 08-04-2012, 03:31 AM   #779
Jormungandr
God of Magic

Canon, I think. Just obscure.
“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”
Old 08-04-2012, 08:30 AM   #780
Constans
Fifth Year

DLP Supporter Donor Star
Definitely canon. If I remember correctly, it is hinted at in OotP when she jokes around with him and confirmed around/after the 7 Potters/his death in the Deathly Hallows.
Closed Thread