Dark Lord Potter Forums
Go Back   Dark Lord Potter Forums > FanFiction Extras > Other Fandoms > Story Search
Donate Register Rules Library List IRC Chat FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Donate to DLP PatronusCharm Banner

Old 07-26-2012, 05:17 AM   #41
Hashasheen
God of Magic

Personally, I've been thinking of a Dovahkiin to Skyrim! fic. I've seen someone on spacebattles try it (but his writing is so shit, not to mention it's being written as a Self Insert! Dovahkiin on Westeros), but I've already got ideas for an actual Skyrim series of fics, so it's a possibility to leave for later.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Portus View Post
Mind giving a description of your gran, in particular without her bifocals and dentures?

This may sound odd, but goddamn, does she sound familiar.
Hashasheen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 05:15 PM   #42
Seratin
Bloodwreath
Fir Bholg

Maybe fling him into Westeros when he's just learning about his powers, even before Justin. I'm not sure what age his father died but many of the main characters in aSoIaF are between 12 and 16 when the series starts.
(07:00:01) ::: (¤) Nickname: T3t changed his nickname to SeratinsBitch
Seratin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 10:00 PM   #43
MattSilver
The Traveller

Ned Stark Lives updated again. Delicious, delicious, AU-ness. Moving up to becoming my favourite ASOIAF fanfic.
MattSilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Thumbs Up 1 Thumb Up
Old 07-26-2012, 10:02 PM   #44
NuitTombee
Headmaster

Do you think there will ever be a Jon Snow chapter?
Old 07-26-2012, 10:05 PM   #45
MattSilver
The Traveller

He's pretty isolated up beyond the Wall, and until things actually begin to affect him, I say no. The only chapter we could've gotten from him so far would've been one of him reacting to his father not being dead... then things just going on as usual for him. Not really worth a chapter.

So no, we probably won't anytime soon. Where this story ultimately goes might bring the PoV back to him, but it wouldn't be for a while (Like until he returns to the Wall or something, which is like a book away). Same with Dany. Sorry, but meh. I love me some Jon Snow, but given this fic so far, it might be a while if at all until we see him.

Last edited by MattSilver; 07-26-2012 at 10:10 PM.
MattSilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 10:14 PM   #46
NuitTombee
Headmaster

Ah, thanks for the heads up. Still, it's a fun read even w/o Jon so far.

Also, what is your favorite ASoIaF fic, is it one of the above mentioned?
Old 07-27-2012, 01:32 AM   #47
Infidel
Death Eater

While Ned Stark Lives is a pretty good fic, I prefer The North Remembers. It's very well written and the story line is epic. I find it difficult to separate where Martins story ends and this one begins. TNR also has a lot of Jon, so thats a bonus.

"I saw reality. I saw everything, haha, everything! It was nothing. There isn't a great beyond waiting for us after we die. It's all strange and it doesn't care.
Infidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 01:37 AM   #48
NuitTombee
Headmaster

Yeah, it's another great one on my watch list.
Old 07-28-2012, 02:33 PM   #49
Cxjenious
Dark Lord

How about a crossover in the style of "Uchiha Fukurou" (I think that's the title), with HP reborn as someone important's kid with memories or dreams (like a warg) of his past life. My first thought was as Robert's only true child with Cersei, younger brother to the cruel idiot Joffrey. Magic would be limited to the accidental variety for the most part; perhaps "directed" accidental magic, and maybe he manages to make some sort of wand, eventually... or something.
Cxjenious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 03:45 PM   #50
Celestin
God of Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cxjenious View Post
How about a crossover in the style of "Uchiha Fukurou" (I think that's the title), with HP reborn as someone important's kid with memories or dreams (like a warg) of his past life. My first thought was as Robert's only true child with Cersei, younger brother to the cruel idiot Joffrey. Magic would be limited to the accidental variety for the most part; perhaps "directed" accidental magic, and maybe he manages to make some sort of wand, eventually... or something.
So in other words replace Tommen with Harry (no need for two younger brothers of Joffrey). Could work. Actually, I'd have him and Voldemort both being reborn with their memories intact in this world (because of their connection and some other unspecified yet reason), only with Tom behind the Wall as the avatar of the Great Other and Harry as the Prince That Was Promised. That way their magic and presence can be incorporated into the story without worrying that HP's magic is overpowered.

At first Harry can mostly use whatever he is able to do wandlessly - basic Legilimency (and people would avoid his eyes when he's doing this, because they feel like he's looking at their souls), Apparition, maybe Animagus transfiguration and accidental magic in case of emergency.

At the beginning Harry (I'd keep the name) is rather unimportant person as a child, like Tommen. It's his brother who will be the king, so everyone leaves him alone. He uses this time for preparing himself to face Voldemort, because both of them are aware of the other presence in this world. One of this main ongoing projects is creating a wand.

But at some point Harry realizes (maybe he sees something in his dreams like in 5th year) that Voldemort is preparing an army and if he wants to defeat him he needs his own. This marks the moment when he ventures into into politics with plans of uniting Westeros (not sure when it would happen in ASoIaF's chronology). That's also the moment when Cersai realizes that her younger son isn't as meek and easily controlled as she thought, and so does realize it other players in the the game of thrones. Though they all still not realize that the real game is about to begin. The game of life and death of everyone living in Westeros.
Celestin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 05:42 PM   #51
Cxjenious
Dark Lord

Good premise sir. I may steal it one day. In the day he lives as Harry Baratheon, and at night he dreams of life as Harry Potter.

Last edited by Cxjenious; 07-28-2012 at 09:19 PM.
Cxjenious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 09:45 AM   #52
NuitTombee
Headmaster

The Ned Stark Lives! update was pretty good imo. It being from Tyrions POV certainly didn't hurt it.
Old 07-30-2012, 05:54 PM   #53
Erandil
Minister of Magic

Thx for the rec for Ned Stark Lives.. I must say that I like this version more than the original. It is still dark and intriguing fantasy but no longer so hopeless.

For the Crossover ideas... Harry Dresden could work especially if you use that no item thing (which would make sense for a dimension traveler). Harry Potter would get killed in a few days no matter how powerful he is. The intrigue and backstabbing is something he has absolutely no experience of and his education is lacking in every aspect for survival in a medieval world.

Last edited by Erandil; 07-31-2012 at 12:14 AM.
Erandil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 03:32 AM   #54
CBH
Third Year

My favorite so far has been Ned Stark Lives. I like the North Remembers also, but it has some weak parts and odd character decisions. Besides a one-shot or two that have already been recommended, there aren't many other ASoIaF stories I like.

I'm already writing a Dresden Files/ASoIaF crossover, but I only have a little done with a lot planned out. Decided to drop the summary and see what others think.

When the Winter Court and Summer Court were still one, the Horns of Summer and Winter were stolen by a powerful Fae Lord. He disappeared with his servants into the Nevernever, leaving chaos and a broken court in his wake.

Now Queen Mab senses a rising power at the very edges of the Nevernever, one that is as much Winter as herself. Knowing of only one being this could be, she sends her Knight to find him, kill him, and retrieve the Horn of Winter.

Let the Others know fear, for Winter is coming.
CBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 03:25 PM   #55
NuitTombee
Headmaster

Another one I'm following is Ghost. It's an okay read imo, but I can't say how anyone who's read the books will find it.
Old 07-31-2012, 04:02 PM   #56
Ash
Dark Lady
of Starfall

DLP Supporter Donor Star
Send a message via MSN to Ash
Quote:
Originally Posted by NuitTombee View Post
Another one I'm following is Ghost. It's an okay read imo, but I can't say how anyone who's read the books will find it.
Why read ASOIAF fanfiction if you haven't read the books? I just mean, the source material is so good....

Ash is offline   Reply With Quote
Thumbs Up 1 Thumb Up
Old 07-31-2012, 04:29 PM   #57
NuitTombee
Headmaster

This wouldn't be the first fandom I've read w/o having read/watched the original. I also feel if I read canon material I'll be very nitpicky about many things like I am with Harry Potter and Naruto. I guess I could give it a shot, where would you suggest I start reading?
Old 07-31-2012, 04:44 PM   #58
Purple
DA Member

DLP Supporter Donor Star
Send a message via Skype™ to Purple
The first book?
Purple is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 05:01 PM   #59
NuitTombee
Headmaster

That would be the obvious starting place. Try thinking outside the box. :P
Old 07-31-2012, 05:04 PM   #60
Celestin
God of Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuitTombee View Post
That would be the obvious starting place. Try thinking outside the box. :P
Start with the last chapter of the last books and then read the books backwards. Should be interesting.
Celestin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
a song of ice and fire, game of thrones, i wish odran would stop posting, odran made me hate roose bolton, odran plz stahp posting, odran will never stop posting, odran's character bashing pit