Dark Lord Potter Forums
Go Back   Dark Lord Potter Forums > FanFiction Extras > FanFic Discussion
Donate Register Rules Library List IRC Chat FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Donate to DLP PatronusCharm Banner

Old 05-17-2008, 06:27 PM   #1
Hira.Humbert
Squib

Send a message via MSN to Hira.Humbert
Where to stab someone.

Hopefully I'm in the right place.

A few months ago, I started working on a plot bunny. I've nearly finished mapping(sp?) it out, and I'm going to start working on the details soon. Basically it's a AU, where Bellatrix didn't go after the Longbottoms and decided to take over the death eaters. It starts there and is a Harry centric of course.

My problem and the reason I'm asking you guys for help is that I need to know where you would stab someone so that it's a mortal wound, but doesn't kill the person immediately? If you're worrying about it being a fic with a swordmaster Harry, don't. I was thinking of some sort of switch knife sort of thing. Something small and light. So if any of you have any propositions, it would be really helpful 'cause google wasn't much help at all...

Cheers!
"Basically, I'm afraid of everything in life, except filmmaking... Forget all the excuses, 'the childish fascination' and 'the all embracing humility', for this is my confession, black on white: I, Lars von Trier, am but a simple masturbator of the silver screen."
Hira.Humbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 06:35 PM   #2
Tehan

DLP Supporter Donor Star
Nick the carotid and they'll bleed out before long, but not straight away. Stab to the lung and watch them slowly drown in their own blood. Puncture the intestines and they infection'll do them in good and proper if they don't get some medical attention. Enough stab wounds anywhere and they'll bleed to death eventually. Knife to the stomach leads to their own stomach acid eating away their internal organs, but I'm not too sure if it'd be fatal.
Old 05-17-2008, 06:59 PM   #3
Dark Lord Rostam
God of Magic

Location: In that thing you call a closet. Better watch out, cause I'm playing with your clothes.
A stab in the stomach is your best bet. You can draw enough blood that they will bleed out if they don't get help, but it is lengthy enough that it doesn't kill immediately.

Nobody Likes Onions

Yoda- Warned you, I did. Listen, you did not. Now screwed, we all are.

Fat man in Avatar is host of Nobody Likes Onions. Now you pretty much have to fucking listen to it.

Listen you cock juggling thundercunt! ~ Doug Wilson, Weeds.
Dark Lord Rostam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 07:24 PM   #4
Seratin
Bloodwreath
Fir Bholg

A stab to the lower torso, in and twist then drag out horizontally. It will seriously fuck up you intestines, spilling bile into the main body which slowly poisons the victim. Once the intestinal bile is spilt there really isn't much you can do except wait to die painfully.
(07:00:01) ::: (¤) Nickname: T3t changed his nickname to SeratinsBitch
Seratin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 07:26 PM   #5
LogrusMage

Send a message via AIM to LogrusMage
I agree with Rostam. Gutting someone is your best bet for a drawn out death.

Thanks to Sir_Xiph0 for the Sig
LogrusMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 07:39 PM   #6
White Rabbit
Hippity Hoppity

DLP Supporter Donor Star
Getting shot/stabbed in the liver is an almost certain bleed out. I'd recommend in the side of the ribs into a lung. The diaphragm collapses and like Tehan said the person drowns in their own blood. Or you could always make the person go out Steve Irwin style.

Edit: If you're going for a quick get away type deal. Getting stabbed high in the inner thigh might sever the artery and cause a bleed out.

Edit2: Damn Banner beat me to it.

Last edited by White Rabbit; 05-17-2008 at 07:43 PM.
White Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 07:39 PM   #7
Banner
Dark Lady

Not quite answering the question, but if the victim is down/helpless (or just has slow reflexes,) the femoral artery is the largest one in the body, and it has enough pressure pushing through that it doesn't seal by itself. The victim has to keep firm pressure on a femoral puncture, or he will simply bleed out in minutes.
If you are doing torture/interrogation, then you might consider the nerve bundles. The victim faces permanent loss of function if the knife slips. A man might be tough enough to face being killed, but still crumple when threated with losing use of his hands.

Tehan : These men are known as Mythbusters.

Last edited by Banner; 05-17-2008 at 07:41 PM.
Banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 08:55 PM   #8
Tehan

DLP Supporter Donor Star
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banner View Post
If you are doing torture/interrogation, then you might consider the nerve bundles. The victim faces permanent loss of function if the knife slips. A man might be tough enough to face being killed, but still crumple when threated with losing use of his hands.
If the interrogator has a steady hand and a knowledge of anatomy, another way to do it would be to creep up the spinal cord. As in, "*stab* Okay, now you're a paraplegic. Want to try for quad? No? Then talk."

Or you could do the Xena death-pinch thing.

Re Banner's sig:

Quote:
"Some men learn from books, some by observation. But a few just have to piss on the electric fence and find out for themselves." ~ attributed to Will James
These men are known as Mythbusters.
Old 05-17-2008, 09:28 PM   #9
Aekiel
Master of Merrill
People Die when they are Killed

DLP Supporter Donor Star
The important thing to know in this is if they have the chance of getting medical attention any time soon, magical Healers especially. From what I understand of canon medical magic it's pretty easy to heal mundane injuries/wounds, so knife wounds are unlikely to cause a problem to someone who can escape to a healer.

Still, if they're unable to get to a hospital/healer for whatever reason then a stab to the stomach/intestines or one of the major arteries will fuck someone over pretty well and leave them enough time to feel the full effects. If not that then you could always try cutting off their extremities or inflicting dozens of small cuts all over their body.

Aekiel

Which pretty much tells you everything you need to know about Mother Winter, right there.
Because you can't, you won't and you don't stop ~ The Beastie Muppets
Aekiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 09:55 PM   #10
Seratin
Bloodwreath
Fir Bholg

Quote:
"Some men learn from books, some by observation. But a few just have to piss on the electric fence and find out for themselves." ~ attributed to Will James
I've always had an insane need to find out if that actually does anything. It got so bad that when me and a few friends were out drinking I tried it, nothing happened but I'm pretty sure the fence wasn't active.
(07:00:01) ::: (¤) Nickname: T3t changed his nickname to SeratinsBitch
Seratin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 11:28 PM   #11
Xiph0
Immortal
The Vanguard

Quote:
My problem and the reason I'm asking you guys for help is that I need to know where you would stab someone so that it's a mortal wound, but doesn't kill the person immediately?
Kidney. It's in different places on men and women, so be sure to do your homework before writing it into the fic, but you're essentially knocking out the body's filter system.

Very slow, very painful death.

Play CN, for the glory of DLP~
Xiph0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 11:59 PM   #12
Hadoren
Death Eater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seratin View Post
I've always had an insane need to find out if that actually does anything. It got so bad that when me and a few friends were out drinking I tried it, nothing happened but I'm pretty sure the fence wasn't active.
You oughta try again. Just to double-check.
betweeen the Mountains and the Sea

His sword was long, his lance was keen,
his shining helm afar was seen;
the countless stars of heaven's field
were mirrored in his silver shield.
Hadoren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 05:47 AM   #13
Hira.Humbert
Squib

Send a message via MSN to Hira.Humbert
Okay so: carotid, intestines/stomach, lower torso, liver, lung, high inner thigh and kidney. Got it!

That's great thanks a lot! And Xiph0 don't worry I'll do my homework.
Thanks again, you're life savers.
"Basically, I'm afraid of everything in life, except filmmaking... Forget all the excuses, 'the childish fascination' and 'the all embracing humility', for this is my confession, black on white: I, Lars von Trier, am but a simple masturbator of the silver screen."
Hira.Humbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 05:53 AM   #14
Darius
God of Magic
13/m/box

Location: The Octagon - Say that to my face and not online motherfucker and see what happens
Seratin: Yeah, it shocks you. If it's a constant stream the electricity flows up the stream. But if you dripple or piss in spurts it won't shock you.

You got VERY lucky.

I'm pretty
I'm cute
I'm popular to boot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knox
And How am I fat? I'm 5'11 and 190.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knox
4- I don't weigh 400 pounds and I'm not under 4' feet, Despite what Minion and Sree say. I'm 164 and 6'3. Just measured and weighed myself not a day ago.
Darius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 10:14 AM   #15
Aekiel
Master of Merrill

DLP Supporter Donor Star
Can get some nasty burns in places you really don't want them if you do that. One guy around my area tried it and ended up getting sent to hospital cause of it. Funny as all hell at the time but I can't imagine the burns were very nice. On the bright side though, he did get £20 out of it from people who bet he wouldn't do it.

Aekiel

Which pretty much tells you everything you need to know about Mother Winter, right there.
Old 05-18-2008, 10:59 AM   #16
Dark Belra
Unspeakable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aekiel View Post
Can get some nasty burns in places you really don't want them if you do that. One guy around my area tried it and ended up getting sent to hospital cause of it. Funny as all hell at the time but I can't imagine the burns were very nice. On the bright side though, he did get £20 out of it from people who bet he wouldn't do it.

Aekiel
Why would someone do that for £20? Would that even cover the medical bill and the such?

Peace and Prosperity be damned.
Dark Belra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 08:32 PM   #17
Xanos
Card Captored and buttsecksed

well you could always watch naruto if you want them...zabuza got a pretty good list he counts out ^^
Xanos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 09:38 PM   #18
Gabrinth

DLP Supporter Donor Star
I know it was a joke, but, in Naruto, Zabuza gives the seven or eight places that death is certain. And that doesn't mean a slow death, either. Zabuza included the heart, I believe.

This guy is going for places that will slowly kill, but give enough time that you can realistically live through it if you have help early enough.

I'd just say, in general, to nick (but not truly cut into) a major artery or to puncture a major organ that isn't instantly fatal- though some of those are pretty sketchy if you actually want someone to have a chance of living after you burst it.
Old 05-18-2008, 10:03 PM   #19
Xanos
Card Captored and buttsecksed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Half-Blood Prince View Post
I know it was a joke, but, in Naruto, Zabuza gives the seven or eight places that death is certain. And that doesn't mean a slow death, either. Zabuza included the heart, I believe.

This guy is going for places that will slowly kill, but give enough time that you can realistically live through it if you have help early enough.

I'd just say, in general, to nick (but not truly cut into) a major artery or to puncture a major organ that isn't instantly fatal- though some of those are pretty sketchy if you actually want someone to have a chance of living after you burst it.

well thats true...they eyes is always popular aswell...and you can always try a hamstring...
Xanos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 09:11 AM   #20
Aekiel
Master of Merrill

DLP Supporter Donor Star
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Belra View Post
Why would someone do that for £20? Would that even cover the medical bill and the such?
Live in the UK so the treatment was free. Antibiotics to prevent infection weren't, but that was covered by the £20 he won .

Aekiel