Complete A Black Comedy by nonjon - M

Discussion in 'General Fics' started by nonjon, Mar 3, 2007.

1. Sataniel

Sataniel Slug Club Member

High Score:
    I've read this recently and as with many older but praised fics it turned out to be heavily overrated.

I actually have similar feelings in regard to this as to works of Jbern. Good comedy, mostly good characterisation but author for some reasons also try to write story and fails at it. Not to mention questionable setting decision like whole "let's make Wizengamot terrible and talk a lot how terrible is it", or wards, or fidelus or defeating Dark Lords.

And there is one important final problem - it's too long. This results in the humor getting stale, especially since "serious" side of fic is disappointing and can't back it up.

5.5/10 (3/5) from me.

2. kwrobes

kwrobes Squib

I'm normally a super big fan of dimension travelling stories since things get to be so different and this story is, even among those, a breath of fresh air. The lackadaisical attitude both Harry and Sirius have lets the story progress super naturally and the ending doesn't seem rushed at all because that wasn't even intended to be the climax of the story. This definitely has a place among my favorites.

4.5/5