1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete A Farmer Or Something by College Fool - T - RWBY

Discussion in 'Anime, Cartoons, and Comics' started by Pure Infinity, Jun 4, 2016.

1. Pure Infinity

Pure Infinity High Inquisitor

Title: A Farmer Or Something
    Author: College Fool
    Rating: T
    Genre: Spiritual
    Chapters: 10
    Words: 10,791
    Updated: Sep 7, 2015
    Published: Mar 24, 2015

Fandom: RWBY
    Pairings: Jaune/Pyrrha
    Summary: Jaune didn't have to become a Hero, or even a Hunter. Not really. He could always have been a farmer or something. Pyrrha though... (Now with the multi-part Part Two: Oum Made a Farmer. Complete.)
    Link: FFN

Basically, it's a canon divergence where Jaune becomes a farmer instead of a huntsman.

The first chapter (originally a one-shot) is probably my favorite part of the story, acting as an overview of both Jaune and Pyrrha's lives. Chapters 2-10 transitions into slice-of-life glimpses of their lives together, with each chapter follwing a quote from Paul Harvey's "God Made a Farmer" speech (with "God" replaced with "Oum", but whatever).

Overall, one of the best Jaune/Pyrrha fic in the fandom, and the most spot-on depiction of Jaune as a character I've found. Considering I honestly found canon Pyrrha completely boring, the fact that I loved this so much really surprised me.

Strong 5/5. Definitely worth the read, even for those that don't typically enjoy these characters.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2016
  2. Raybomber

Raybomber Squib

Read this the other day due to your review and it was excellent. I loved the progression showed the summation of all the little things that couples do that show their love for one another. I believe my favorite verse was #3, which showed me how Jaune views Pyrrha when asked if he knew who she was. The author's other works are great as well such as A Common Criminal Or Something, and the hilarity of Professor Arc.