1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned A matter of perception by Kung_lou - K+

Discussion in 'The Alternates' started by Kung_lou, May 19, 2006.

1. Kung_lou

Kung_lou Sixth Year

I working on it

Ill release a teaser today or tommorrow

2. Kung_lou

Kung_lou Sixth Year

Updated - Chaos on the Hellmouth

3. Darkside

Darkside Third Year

It's great Kung_lou! That last scene made me want to laugh maniacally. Imagine Harry building a throne at the entrance to the Hellmouth, watching over the minions that carry out his bidding. I know you probably won't write it that way, but it's stuck in my head all the same! I look VERY forward to the rest of your series!

Good Luck! :)

4. bloodmage

bloodmage Backtraced

it's alright. Update soon.

5. Kung_lou

Kung_lou Sixth Year

Heh - like this?

Harry watched darkly from his throne above the hellmouth as it pulsed with evil energy. Around him stood great defensive structures conceived of by the best scientists and engineers in 2200 from an alternative universe, his home until a piece of chaos magic stranded him here.

"Sir, there is a report of a grwoing threat on level 7."

Harry nodded to his luitenant, "very well. Send HU1 and HU3 to eliminate it."

The man nodded and before long two heavily armed squadrens was moving through the Hellmouth to the seventh level of hell. They saluted, fist to chest, before they disembarked.

Harry smiled, he did not rule Hell or Earth yet, but he was well on his way and his armies were growing every day.

:eek:

Last edited: Nov 3, 2006
  6. Bungler

Bungler Guest

What I like the most about the things you write is that they are or will be very epic. And that's what concerns me the most about the BTVS crossover, the BTVS series is not all that epic. Sure they fight Gods, The First Evil and all, but they do it in a small town and you don't get to see much of the BTVS universe.

What I want to see is exploration of the vers. Example, Harry's coming upsets the balance and some powerful 'Good' being gets a foothold in the dimension. While Harry is making deals with powerful Demons, Gods from different hells to increase his power and expanding his forces.

If you need any help with idea's or anything you can PM me.

7. Kung_lou

Kung_lou Sixth Year

Thanks Bungler, I'll keep that in mind. Harry's arrival is going to upset the balance in a major way. The difference between the two magic schemes and the presence of demons should be enough of a hint to explain how. but if not....

I gues youll have to wait untill the next chapter :)

8. Bungler

Bungler Guest

Sounds interesting.

I'll eagerly await your update.

9. Vendo

Vendo Fourth Year

I tired reading 'Choas on the Hellmouth' but it confused me to no ends, though I'll go back and give it another try.

As for your story 'A matter of perception' i found the idea highly original and fascinating. The nanites reconstruction of his magical core, the information gathering of magic, and the nanites budding intelligence are the highlights for the story, at least thats my opinion. I do pose a question though which im sure you've heard several times in this thread. When will we get an update for 'AMoP'?

10. Kung_lou

Kung_lou Sixth Year

Choas on the hellmouth is the third in the perception series so if you haven't read the other two - no wonder your confused. As to the updates....its comming.

11. Styx

Styx Third Year

Warhammer universe would have offered a lot more opportunitis for epic conflicts.

12. Kung_lou

Kung_lou Sixth Year

I am sure it would have, but I am completely unfamiliar with both the 40K and the fantasy Warhammer verse.

At least too unfamiliar to make any attempt at a good epic fic

13. Kung_lou

Kung_lou Sixth Year

Next chapter has been updated. Any comments and reveiws would be appreciated.

14. Vendo

Vendo Fourth Year

Wow...the magical retrovirus idea blew my mind! Voldemort would...well not kill...cause he already does that, but sacrifice something for that. Good chapter, though i wish you would update the first of the trilogy. I'm looking forward to hearing CSE's and Harry's first interaction, and possibly more from the government agency that put the nannites into Harry.

15. Kung_lou

Kung_lou Sixth Year

Yeah - I think that I'll do that next but I am weary of writing that meeting since it will me so critical to what follows. I'm also having some fun filling out both Harry and CSE as characters while laying hints about what happens next (or at least in the past - Hogwarts)

16. Vendo

Vendo Fourth Year

Ahhh...NOW I understand why you wrote the beginnings of the 3 stories rather than sticking with one and moving onto the next...very sneaky. I do have a question about CSE though, it she (it?) gonna be anything like Cortana from halo (personality wise anyway) and will she have a holographic form? Anyway you take this story i'll be a reader, except with the Babolon 5 part...I have no experience with that series (old and new).

17. Kung_lou

Kung_lou Sixth Year

Never seen halo - now andromeda I have seen. It will mimic female characteristics for resons that will be explained upon the initial meeting. As for holographic from, why would she need it. If she needs to be seen she can just hijac neuronal signalsdirectly from Harry's brain.

18. ChuckDaTruck

ChuckDaTruck Overlord

Good, although the chess thing in the beginning was a little odd, and unneccessary. Some spelling errors, but nothing to egrecious.

Hmm. I think you might be making Buffy and the Muggles too weak. I would caution you against it. I suggest making them more of a challenge, and saving the aliens for later on. While Harry's concern is valid, it will be a while until Aliens attack. And it took him 20 years to defeat the muggles, and there he had a rep, support, and tech clearly at his advantage. He has to develop all those advbantages again. Don't make this too easy for Harry.

19. Vendo

Vendo Fourth Year

Can you elaborate on this 'hijac neuronal signals'?

20. invisdible

invisdible Second Year

CSE inserts an image of "herself" into the neural pathway linking Harry's eyes and brain, making him "see" an image.

...I think.

Great story/stories, at any rate.