1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete A Second Chance at Life Series by Miranda Flairgold - T/M

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by ChuckDaTruck, Aug 3, 2005.

1. Manatheron

Manatheron Headmaster

-Whispers-

Don't say that, you'll invoke it's wrath!

PS. 'Snape fights a bear' makes what's left of my mind contemplate suicide just to be rid of it. Even mind bleach TM Doesn't help.

2. Dareycow

Dareycow Fifth Year

I loved this fic back in the day. But back then I was reading anything that was greater then 30k+ words and wasn't slash. Now I am scared to reread this series because I know what I've read, and what my tastes are now will make me hate it. So I will stick with my delusions that this isn't a Author In The Closest Slash Fest/Europe basing story and eagerly wait the new chapters (without rereading the story).

Rating: 2.5/5

Does anyone know what happened to Hogwarts? Did it go down with the plague? I've always wondered why Harry doesn't go back to the room of requirements like he did at the start of the series.

3. Erotic Adventures of S

Erotic Adventures of S Denarii Host

Hogwarts survived. Apparently Britain suffered something like 149 out of 150 people dead from the plague.

Hogwarts and specifically the Chamber of secrets and Room of requirement are being converted into Britains shelter for the demon invasion. Probably why Harry cant use it again... although it is a bit of a plothole.

4. Mordac

Mordac Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Pff, in the past all the mods turned against me and I was able to destroy them all. Just because a few escaped that day, doesn't mean I won't be able to destroy them now. You can believe all the silly bedtime stories you like, but there is no such thing as a super-mod, and legends won't save you now.

Anyway, are you being traumatized with visions of naked Vegeta?

5. Anarual

Anarual Seventh Year DLP Supporter

Whatever. There are so many people that both love and hate Mirandas stories that she must be doing something right. ;) The Ascal series is my personal favorite next to Prince of a Dark kingdom and Methenes and Jberns and last but not least Shezzas fics. But then again I wasn't even able to read deathly hallows past the first 100 pages cause that cannon world was just pissing me off after reading most Independent/ Dark Harry / AUs in the DLP library.

6. Darius

Darius 13/m/box

The Octagon - Say that to my face and not online m
    Holy shit people in this thread are fucking stupid.

I swear to god I saw a post saying that there was no conflict to the protagonist...

Say whatever you want about how you dislike the OC's etc. but lets not be a straight fucking clown.

Oz's review is shitty for many reason but mostly because he's take a shot at Canada in it. You could write the exact same kinda thing for a story like Denarian Lord etc.

EDIT: And stop fucking bitching about the slash jesus fucking christ. It's been stated MANY times that this will NEVER be a slash story so shut your kike mouths. Yeah, she said at the beginning she may consider making it slash. And Vampires do w/e but it doesn't fucking matter because it's mentioned once every 10 chapters for 6 words.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2009
  7. Perspicacity

Perspicacity Destroyer of Worlds ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

Where idiots are not legally permitted to vote
    High Score:
    Just a heads-up for those still reading this series: Book three, A Magical World (or Fighting for the Future, if you believe her author note) has begun.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2009
  8. Ragon

Ragon Dark Lord

PLAY with JKR's world? More like utterly destroy it. And the bit about this one being the most AU just cracked me up. After oh say chapter 2 or 3 of the orignal there has been very little Harry Potter and alot of whatever pops into her head at the time.

9. Anarual

Anarual Seventh Year DLP Supporter

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love flairgold, hate cannon, cannot wait for her to update the fic.

Ps. That was a provocation.

Ps2. You failed.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2009
  10. Ryuugi Shi

Ryuugi Shi Hierarch

Oh, dear. Excuse me while I duck for cover. It's one of the things that makes me strange, and there is no meaning behind said action. Pay no attention to it.

11. Banner

Banner Dark Lady

Yet another mind-bendingly fantastic battle for Rahkesh. She can certainly bring on the violence, and the imagery never fails to move me. As for the uber-Namach - well he's older than Methos: he *better* be a god-level...

12. Ragon

Ragon Dark Lord

Yeah your strange, Im strange too come to think of it.

God wears Namach underwear.

13. Perspicacity

Perspicacity Destroyer of Worlds ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

Where idiots are not legally permitted to vote
    High Score:
    I think you may have that backwards.

14. Ragon

Ragon Dark Lord

In this whatever you wanna call it God wears Namach underwear. Im not willing to call it Harry Potter fanfiction.

15. Lord Osiris

Lord Osiris Auror

More epic Godly-ness from the super duper vampires.

Great update though, nothing like reading the adventure of Harry Po...Rakesh I mean, and the divine judgement that is the Thunderbird raining firey bolts of vengence down upon the un-youthful heathens.

16. Duke Johnwin

Duke Johnwin Squib

Got into this about half way through 'A Second Chance At Life', and stuck with it ever since. The odd chapter pissed me off but I still love it.
    Although I always skip the time-travel bit in the first one when I re-read it.
    The only thing is that whenever it's updated it's been way too long for me to remember anything from the last chapter, so I need to go back and catch up again.

17. Dareycow

Dareycow Fifth Year

Just recently reread it myself. Remove the first couple chapters about HP, take this to a publisher and bam! ASCAL is the new twilight for girls everywhere.

No doubt about it's action scenes though, they are the bomb. Mostly because most of her battle scenes are large scale demonic fights that are actually interesting.

18. John Hopkins

John Hopkins First Year

This is the most AU out of all the AU's. Seriously, this series should have an entire new type of fanfiction called "Flairgold", denoted the those AU's that transcend there original universe.

Lovely story, just...well not harry potter anymore.

19. Manatheron

Manatheron Headmaster

Ya...

Detractor's and supporters alike all agree on that point (those who have read far enough for their opinion to count anyway) I honestly remember very little about the opening chapters of the first book anymore, but I do recall that it got steadily better as she progressed (With one or two hiccups) and I feel no shame at all in admitting I enjoy the story.

Who can't enjoy a million Demon mob spawning out of the very gates of hell being held back by a few hundred champions.

and to clarify Lord Osiris' comment about flying without the need of brooms (For those of you who still comment without reading the story... if there's any of you left) they're InsanelyUber!Vampire animagus transformations that have wings. Which is still better than Rowlings crappy way of doing it.

20. Erotic Adventures of S

Erotic Adventures of S Denarii Host

Updated.

Lots of fighting this chapter, and good to see the whole cast being used again, lattly its been to much of Rakesh and not everyone else.