1. The second prompt is revealed! (Q2 2018)

"Breaking into Snape's office in the middle of the night was a risky move at the best of times..."

Deadline is June 18th, also known as the 22nd Anniversary of a seriously sad day—a tremendously black day for anyone.

As with before you can check out the new thread discussing scoring, rules, and other such matters in the in the Story Competitions forum.

Dismiss Notice

"A Song of Ice and Fire" stories

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by purple, Jul 9, 2012.

1. Jarizok

Jarizok Groundskeeper

Weren’t Stannis and Selyse married a couple weeks later? Noone’d have known Janna was pregnant. Sure, Stannis dishonored her and all that, but mehhh. It could go either way imo.

2. Silveron

Silveron Muggle

High Score:
    I would but if it's in the Library > Other > Misc > Books (which I spent forever looking for because I'm an idiot), I don't have permission to raise a review for it.

3. Hush

Hush Sixth Year

High Score:
    Okay, so if I recall correctly there was a joke about a Batman and asoiaf crossover after a fic where Roose Bolton suddenly became a ninja in some random chapter of some random story. Well, apparently Serpentguy decided to put some words to paper and it's actually pretty entertaining. I just hope that he's able to finish his ideas and not spread himself too thin with all his projects. It has a little of a slow start and apparently has very little priority on his list of stories to update but he's got already got over 50k words and there's enough potential to have me excited. Oh and it's the Nolan origin if anyone was wondering. He's set up a couple of major Batman villains quite well, Bane and the Joker are alterations on a couple of notable Westerosi figures. Appropriation at it's finest all things considered.

https://forums.sufficientvelocity.c...ht-of-the-seven-kingdoms-asoiaf-batman.44529/

Word to the wise, chapter six hasn't been thread marked so don't read it in reader mode unless you want to miss a pretty cool chapter.

Anyone else got any recommendations...?

4. serpentguy

serpentguy Second Year

High Score:
    Oops, chapter 6 threadmarked now, i missed that. Although my advice is to read the story on Spacebattles - I do error checking on SB, SV not so much.

5. Hush

Hush Sixth Year

High Score:
    So, the Dark Knight of the Seven Kingdoms updated again on SB and it's another Tywin and Bruce interaction. Man, this has become the thing I look forward to updating the most. That burning chair was sensational, @serpentguy.

My only problem with this jumping timeline is that the flash forward stuff is so much more enthralling. It's quickly becoming the meat that shows the most inspired parts of the story that I think the Serpentguy wants to get to. Heck, that's where the payoff will be. I just hope he'll (relatively) quickly resolve the two plot lines together because I really want to see Wayne Industries up and running at some point and LF seems like he's gonna be the spearhead for that venture.

I now think it's safe to say that you've become the godfather of asoiaf fics. The update pace, the quality, heck everything is on point. I'd love to hear some other people's thoughts. I'm trying to be vague because I'm not sure whether or not people have read this one, or if they're just uninterested. But it's well worth the read.

6. CrackedMind

CrackedMind Death Eater

I haven't seen anyone post anything about this, but Droman updated A Dragon of the North like a month ago. Seems like the story is gonna be exclusively on SB going forward.

7. Lindsey

Lindsey Death Eater

The last update I see was April 2017.

8. CrackedMind

CrackedMind Death Eater

Well, i'm pretty sure it's an update that wasnt posted on SV. But yeah, sorry for the false alarm guys. Was really high when I posted that and saw "update I hadnt read yet" and "April" and sort of ignored the year next to the date. My bad.

9. Jarizok

Jarizok Groundskeeper

Flash-forwards are great, but I wouldn’t say the OT isn’t just as great tbh. I like world/character building almost more than I do action though, so ymmw.

Anyway, great story. I know fuck all about Batman but you really don’t need to to be able to follow the story just fine. Treat Bruce as an OC if you want and it’s still just a really good story.

10. pbluekan

pbluekan Professor DLP Supporter

So, I just read my way through this to the most recent update, and I’ve got to say, the author has done a spectacular job with the world building. If I hadn’t already known these characters, it would be seamless.

Not to mention he absolutely hooked me with the flash forward scene to 280 AC. I started reading it, realized what was going on, put on the Dark Knight soundtrack from Nolan’s movies and ... well, it was pretty perfect.