1. Hey Guest,

Are you handy with Photoshop? Do you feel the DLP Anakin logo is tired and old? Do you want to win a special as of yet undetermined prize? Join the DLP Banner Photoshop Competition! Fame, fortune, and the respect of your peers await those that enter. Sadness, despair, and a deep self-loathing await those that do not.

Enter the competition.
    Dismiss Notice

Achuta

Discussion in 'Introduction Archives [Closed]' started by yojorocks, Jun 15, 2006.

1. yojorocks

yojorocks Seventh Year

Just doing the brief obligatory Hello.
    I'm a long time stalker of DLP forums that has finally decided to register for some inane reason that I can't fathom. I love following intelligent conversations found on DLP discussing stories instead of simply flaming those that don't conform with "acceptable" ships (damn H/Gslut shippers over on FF.net always bitching when someone goes out on a limb). I would much rather read a story that explains far fetched reasoning than blindly accepts JKR's insultingly vague and uninformative sixth novel (when the hell did finding small pieces of a split soul in an impossible scavenger hunt become entertaining, not to mention that fighting suddenly equates to unresolved sexual tension NOT a personality conflict; what about suddenly, out of the blue, wanting to screw some girl because she looks like one's mother? WHAT THE HELL? Can we say ODIEPUS COMPLEX? As if Harry didn't have enough to deal with.../end rant).
    I love unusual ships, but I have found some H/Hr ones superb and am even willing to read some H/G AS LONG AS it is believable (NOT the H/Ginslut that seems to be self-perpetuating on FF.net, but something like Nightmares of Future Past or Refiner's Fire). I like good old hetero smut, am NOT a huge fan of slash, but can withstand some femslash and mild doses of anal.
    I love the stories by Jebern, Yarrgh, TheJackOfDiamonds, and Mrriddler's stories. I have to admit that I am partial to something of the caliber of Jeconais' works over some 12 year-old who can't spell or complete a thought, which unfortunately comprise about 1/3rd of all fanfic writers. Seriously, is it that hard to put whatever chapter you have into MS word and spell check it for gibberish often found on FF.net? I abhor bad grammar and betaing with a passion, especially the complete lack of the latter *shudders*. I might post a bit here and there, but for the most part I'll probably stick to the shadows where I belong.
    Oh, and twenty points to whoever can tell me what language I said hello in:wall: .

2. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

Hey, welcome.

If you decide to post, could you please seperate paragraphs by empty lines, posts like this are not very readable...

3. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

^^ Agreed.

Welcome to Hell. As Said to previous new person's; Watch the first step. :)

4. Master Slytherin

Master Slytherin Headmaster

Welcome to dlp.

5. CGB

CGB Auror

Welcome to DLP

6. nonjon

nonjon Alumni Retired Staff

I cheated and googled. But you definitely get geek points and another role of your ten-sided die for speaking in that language. I reckon I lose geek points for always thinking "Pizza" when I see "Hut" anywhere.

And males with female avatars... always make me wonder. (Or if not, that dude has real pretty eyes.)

But anyways, welcome to DLP.

7. Yarrgh!

Yarrgh! Pirate King

Hola, compadre, et bienvenido a...nevermind.

I'm flattered that you like my story :D. And 'Achuta'...i'm probably off my rocker, but is that the Star Wars language?

For some reason, i remember them using that word on Tattooine in Episode I (which was the worst SW movie ever made).

Have a good time, and please...do post. There isn't a lack of intelligent people, but you can never have too many, eh?

8. Fuegodefuerza

Fuegodefuerza Minister of Magic

Welcome to DLP!

9. Rain

Rain Pirate Navigator of the 7 Seas

Welcome, yojorocks. ^_^

10. Missy

Missy The Emperor Sheep's Mistress

Welcome to DLP. Enjoy your stay.

11. Lord Ravenclaw

Lord Ravenclaw System God Admin

Welcome to DLP.Net!

nonjon: It's perfectly natural, especially after watching Spaceballs.

12. Myst

Myst Headmaster

I did what nonjon did and cheated by googling. You just scored major geek points with that.

Anyways Welcome to DLP.

13. The Dark Monarch

The Dark Monarch Backtraced

Welcome. I'm pretty sure I heard that when I was playing a star wars rpg game .

14. se7en

se7en Professor

Sounds like something from KoToR

Welcome

15. Niffler Lord

Niffler Lord Headmaster

Hi and welcome.