1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Across Dimensions: Parting Reality's Veil by Taliath - T - Naruto

Discussion in 'Naruto' started by Kardikek, Feb 9, 2008.

1. Wildfeather

Wildfeather The Nidokaiser ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Kind of, i think learning that there is a world in which your favorite and most successful student survived, would shock your system, even as a ninja. I'm sure there are some ninj who would take it in impassively, but jiraiya (and most konoha ninja) and very emotional, even in a "Wary but curious" state. That's my two cents...But good sneak in their with the "how do u know kyuubi isn't controlling/messing with you mind" but it could have been done more tactfully. Theoretically, Jiraiya believes he is dealing with a potential unstable/hostile impersonater of naruto. So he'd be a bit less..blunt? Well at least hopefully, Jiraiya died :(...

2. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

Consider the fact that only the Yondaime knows the Hiraishin, Smile. And here's a kid claiming to be from another dimension. Sure, he knows the Rasengan, but it is feasible that Kakashi taught it to him. But this is the final nail in the coffin, even Jiraiya can't do the Hiraishin.

Nice scene, liath. :)

3. Wildfeather

Wildfeather The Nidokaiser ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Well, just for the sake of argument, even though I sincerely doubt it, what if kyuubi (is that one U or two? I always mess that up) had seen it, and he took over at some point it might have been possible for him/her to replicate it. Probably not, super unlikely, but then again...kishi is a bitch.

4. CGB

CGB Auror

Very nice part, liath. I like the way you add some smaller flashbacks that explain Narutos childhood.

5. Cxjenious

Cxjenious Dark Lord

Yeah, the flashbacks were fucking awesome. After that, I can't imagine this Naruto actually joining a Genin team.

6. Kardikek

Kardikek Groundskeeper

Considering his upbringing I can't see him being very normal at all. I'm guessing he had a happy early childhood with a good father and people who liked him. However as he went to war and has been leading people more than 5 times his age must put it's mark on his psyche. He can't have had much time to get adjusted childish whims as he's been special since birth. From his closest friends from his side, (Jiraiya, Kakashi, Rin & Minato, all adults mind you) to everyone who sees him as the powerful progeny of the 4th.

A child going through things like this either break or get forced to mature, neither which is very healthy in the long run. Being forced to mature basically means copying the mannerisms of surrounding adults, which in tihs case means stone cold ninjas. Forcefully adoping a less hyper, more poker-faced and quiet imaginary personality. The adults around would think he's matured while inside he's not quite right, personalities aren't that easy to change. Though! His behaviour towards people he's known since long before should remain constant.

I know the outer facade to hide a painful past is a cliché in fandom but there really is a point behind it. There's a reason why maturing shouldn't be force hurried if you want to fit into the society. Naruto fans must always hold the series in a suspense of disbelief, actively ignoring the psychological effects of sending 5 year olds into battle with the ability to kill at a whim. I mean 5 year olds have no inhibitions, the only reason why they wouldn't kill one person (allies) instead of other persons (hostiles) would be because the big meany said so. Even 10 year olds would be hard pressed to understand political reasons much less the effects of war like an adult would.

Luckily for him you didn't write him off as having been in a warzone since birth, he's actually had a somewhat nice childhood considering his penchant for pranks. His father would have likely tried to let Naruto grow up as normally as possible along with the others.

Anyway, my point is the way he's been, he should be a bit strange. Personality quirks and such.

And about the beta, I just want first crack and your stuff :p

Last edited: Feb 25, 2008
  7. Chime

Chime Dark Lord

*whistles innocently* *coughs*

Don't tell me this story's been abandoned? I hope not –*if it's just taking you a while to churn something out, liath, then that's fine, but I'm curious...

8. Ksai

Ksai Third Year

Damn you Chime for thinking it was updated.

Liath. Any news for us?

9. CGB

CGB Auror

Great as always. I like that you don't have Konoha pretend they don't know about the invasion like in so many other stories.

10. Cxjenious

Cxjenious Dark Lord

I can't wait to see the battle!

11. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Battle will surely be epic. D:

Awesome chapter, Liath.

12. Sporangia

Sporangia First Year

Awesome. I've been haunting the WBA waiting for this story to be updated - looking forward to the confrontation :)

13. Chime

Chime Dark Lord

You can't kill Kabuto off yet! He's like... the only villain left in Naruto.

14. Ksai

Ksai Third Year

Errr??? Akatsuki? Orochimaru? Half of Cloud and Iwa?

Btw. Thanks for the update. It was refreshing. And do you plan to post this on ff.net?

15. LogrusMage

LogrusMage Supreme Mugwump

You really should post this on FF.net, or another site at least. I'm having major trouble finding where I left off last!

16. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Logrus: Just use the "Go to last unread post" feature. If it's not the actual story, and just a random post, just keep scrolling down until you see a big block of text. :p

17. LogrusMage

LogrusMage Supreme Mugwump

Err... where is this feature? Heh...

Edit: Found it within seconds of posting.

18. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rofl, yeah, I use it all the time. New Posts + Last Unread saves a lot of energy. XD

19. Kardikek

Kardikek Groundskeeper

Only comment really, those numbers seem to be awfully low considering canon. Though maybe as I realized later you meant ninjas in active service, yet that still seems to be rather in the low-end. As doubtfully these numbers are in any way important other than explaining the rarity of being S-rank, how about you just make them more vague?

20. CGB

CGB Auror

Nice^^. Concerning whether you should write the fight scene or not, I'd say yes. Sooner or later you have to write one and I believe it's better to gain experience through a smaller and not so important one. And if you mess up, you can always delete it^^
    Anyway, good work