1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete Aeon Natum Engel by EarthScorpion - M - Evangelion/Cthulu Mythos

Discussion in 'Evangelion' started by Ceins, May 16, 2009.

1. Ceins

Ceins Second Year

Title: Aeon Natum Engel
    Author: EarthScorpion
    Rating: M
    Genre: Sci-Fi/Horror
    Pairing: N/A
    Chapters: 20
    Words: 304,613
    Updated: February 3, 2010
    Published: December 14, 2008

Summary: That is not dead which can eternal lie / And with strange aeons even death may die. The Aeon War rages, creatures long dead awaken, and and so the Evangelion Units, precursors of the Engels, are deployed by the NEG. Evangelion/Cthulhu Tech Setting Meld
    Link: Fanfiction.net

An amazing story, the author aims to create a piece that equals the current best of Evangelion stories and I'd say that it's been pretty successful in that regards.

EDIT by Minion: The story is complete. Its rewrite can be found here:

fanfiction.net: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5834947/1/Aeon_Entelechy_Evangelion

DLP thread: https://forums.darklordpotter.net/showthread.php?t=21114

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2012
  2. Jibril

Jibril Headmaster

It's a good story if you are in love with Evangelion and Cthulhu Mythos.

The story sticks to the canon plot-line of TV series well enough, without making it look forced.

Although, the "technobabble" of CthulhuTech is explained it sometimes feel like there is too much of it.

I give this a good 4/5. It isn't Children of an Elder God, but it has potential.

Last edited: May 16, 2009
  3. Heya, the author here. Stumbled across this site when *coughs into hand* I searched the story name to see if anyone was recommending it.

What? I'm pretty sure we all do it. ;)

Anyway, yes. Obviously, I'm pleased that people like it. And, yes, I am aware of Children of an Elder God; part of the thing that I've been having to keep in mind is to delineate my story sufficiently from that Great Old One of the Lovecraft/Evangelion genre. It does help that I'm sticking much closer to canonEva than it is.

But it's nice to have rivals. It gives you a goal to aim for.

By the way, a new chapter has been posted since the last post in this thread. I think it doesn't need saying that one of my sub-goals is to make sure that Rei is actually creepy, rather than her more common representation.

To answer franki's specific criticism, that I "technobabble" too much... well, it is a little bit true at times. I think part of the reason is that I'm a physics student in real life, and so I have a complusive need to work out how things work, and so as a consequence I appreciate scientific (or at least well-done pseudoscientific) details. It is also a consequence of the fact that Cthulhutech isn't that well known, and so I do have to explain quite a bit of the background of the world. And the main reason it is so different is that the discovery of Arcane Theory and the invention of arcanotechnology has changed the world.

Nevertheless, I'll take that on mind for later chapters. :eek:

And, once again, it's always nice to have people say nice things about your stories! :D

4. Fiat

Fiat The Chosen One DLP Supporter

I know it's a fairly massive bump, but I thought people should know that this story prematurely ended last February, and a rewrite is several chapters in.

5. iLost

iLost Minister of Magic

And the technobabble, while interesting, takes away completely from what the hell is going-on. It's filled with interesting takes on canon, and he can write pretty damn well.

Original concept and good execution mostly, but his tangents get in the way instead of adding to the setting.

4/5.