1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Aion

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by fash, Sep 29, 2009.

1. fash

fash Seventh Year DLP Supporter

Have been looking into this game and its looking rather good, just wondering if anyone here has played it and what their thoughts on it are.

2. Agnostics Puppet

Agnostics Puppet Professor

Loving it myself. Its pretty system heavy, at least for me, but it still looks good on lower settings.

The only real problem I have with it so far are the server queues in the evening. But since they put a 30 minute timer on private stores the queues have dropped hugely.

All in all, I'd say get it if you need a new MMO and want more pvp, but dont hurry too much. Its nothing revolutionary.

3. ForsakenOne

ForsakenOne Groundskeeper

I tried it the other day, graphics are amazing when maxed out, but otherwise gameplay is just your average MMO. I really liked the character customization though, you can literally customize every inch of your toon. I would definitely play this if i didn't have to pay monthly.

4. Imperius

Imperius First Year

I am currently playing this game on Fregion Server (NA). The gameplay is awesome and game content itself is very immersing. Regarding the server queue try playing on one of the less popular servers and you will be fine. Pm me in game (Excalibur).

Lvl 1 - 20 was a nice experience. They have thought out the game very well. Kudo's to NCSoft

5. Agnostics Puppet

Agnostics Puppet Professor

Problem is, Im already very well established on Lumiel. And it seems like the queues have died down considerably.

6. lunchbox

lunchbox Squib

It's been a pretty good game so far. My only gripe is that I rolled an elyos on an asmodian dominated server. And after getting to 40 I've discovered leveling is a terrible, terrible thing to do. (2 day levels playing all day for 40+)

7. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

Lvl 25 Asmodian named Lasciel on Nezekan. ;)

8. Zield

Zield Fourth Year

27 Elyos Chanter on Triniel. There is a severe lack of quests after 25 so you have some pretty heavy grinding going on.

9. Sully

Sully Groundskeeper

I knew I should have got this instead of Champions Online.

Played the korean open beta and didn't think too much of it to be honest, but after my hours were up I was itching to play it the next day.

What classes are you guys playing?

10. Innomine

Innomine Alchemist ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Anyone here want to compare it to WoW for me? I can't see myself switching from WoW to Aion tbh, since it doesn't seem THAT much better.

11. Darje

Darje Groundskeeper

I won't compare it to WoW for you, but I will say that I am having more fun in this game than I was in WoW. Though that might be because Blizzard is killing it for me.

25 Templar, Asmodian and a few other characters on Triniel.

12. lunchbox

lunchbox Squib

Last edited: Oct 6, 2009
  13. Magus

Magus Groundskeeper

I'm more than interested in this game, but there's no way I'm ever going to invest 30 quid in a new MMO without having tried it first (after I was burned by AoC_. I don't suppose they've started giving out trial keys yet have they?

14. RustyRed

RustyRed High Inquisitor

I played it on the korean open beta too, and it was decent. If I had to compare it to WoW, I'd say they were very much the same beast. Aion seemed more fun for a little while, I think, because it was a little like playing the first twenty levels of WoW again, except with a new race and a new area.

But when all is said and done, there are very few things to differentiate the two games, and in fact I think WoW still does most things better. I'd give it a look, but I would certainly not get a subscription.

15. Sully

Sully Groundskeeper

Naw, but there are a couple private servers around if you want a feel of it. Wouldn't recommend playing long-term on them though, wipes and rollbacks are a bitch.