1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Akatsuki Revealed

Discussion in 'Books and Anime Discussion' started by Oujou Akaash, Jul 19, 2007.

1. Spanks

Spanks Chief Warlock

Nah, I am sure that Naruto will eventually defeat Sasuke. But I don't see it happening in the near future. True, his Kage Bunshin training has HUGE advantages, but so far he has only used it for creating his own jutsu. Maybe after this mission Naruto will start to use the Kage Bunshin for other forms of training.

I am kinda hoping that Kishi pulls out another time skip sometime down the line. As it is now, Naruto is as skilled as a Jounin, but he isn't ready to be a Chuunin. He still lets his emotions get in the way, charges head first into battle, doesn't think before hand. These are all things that would get a team he is leading killed. If Kishi does a time skip, maybe it will jump to when he is a Jounin, but it doesn't seem likely since Shipuuden has so much stuff to cover.

2. Oujou Akaash

Oujou Akaash Unspeakable

Naruto's emotions may get in the way but you have to admit that he makes up plans on his feet. He is starting to act like shikamaru in naruto's kinda way. But yea your right, naruto won't be able to beat sasuke anytime soon.

lol but that doesn't matter. Naruto met up with itachi. Things are going to get interesting now.

3. Spanks

Spanks Chief Warlock

Yeah, that is one thing I will give Naruto. He is one of the best at thinking on his feet. BUT there is a difference between thinking on your feet for yourself in a fight and being able to think on your feet while giving other people orders during a mission. Naruto hasn't shown much in that storage department, but I am still holding out that we haven't seen everything from his training with Jiraiya. Naruto is a lot smarter after his 2.5 years of training, I hope that carries over to his ability to lead a team on a mission.

4. LogrusMage

LogrusMage Supreme Mugwump

Jumped the Shark refers to when the creators of Happy Day's ran out of ideas, and had Fonzi jump a shark on water skis.

This, in my mind, is comparable to Sasuke's WTFPWN Sharingan, and the FUCKING UCHIHA CATS.

I hate the goddamn cats. So dumb.

Don't get me wrong, I love the fandom when it's done good. I love Sasuke's characterization. But come on. Karin? Why the hell recreate Sakura just to have her be a charka sensor? The other guy, Curse Mark Dude, could be cool, and Suigetsu getting Zabuza's sword seems like Kishi is bending to fandom will, just as JK did with Rose and Snape-Loved-Lily.

And question: Why is everyone saying Pein leads the Akatsuki? I thought the chick was pein... and she seems secondary to red hair nose stud dude.

Also: Why create Sai? If Suigetsu isn't Sai'd brother, I'm considering him a waste of kishi's art skills.

5. Cxjenious

Cxjenious Dark Lord

Pein is the guy with the piercings, the chick hasn't been named yet.

And on another note, I highly doubt JK was bending to 'fandom-will' with Snape and Lily. For one, she's fucking rich, and I doubt she gives a flying fuck about what people write about her series. Secondly, I'm pretty sure that tid-bit of HP canon has been in the works since she first dreamed up Harry Potter.

I also highly doubt Suigetsu is Sai's brother, seeing as how Sai is a Konoha ROOT Anbu and Suigetsu was originalli from the Mist Village.

6. Oujou Akaash

Oujou Akaash Unspeakable

You know...maybe there is a reason why sasuke is that strong. Maybe, seeing as Sasuke is that strong, then just maybe, naruto would have even more determination to get stronger than sasuke to bring him back home. Maybe...instead of complaining, just read the mangas. Well, thats what i do. ^_^

7. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:

I'd be doing that right now, but the last god damn chapter was a double one so I have to wait another week >_>.

Yes it has been more focused on Sasuke lately, but hopefully that'll sort itself out once Naruto starts training properly with his kage bunshin, though I wonder if physical workouts would work the same way as his jutsu training did. That and he'd need Yamato nearby constantly to suppress the kyuubi's chakra for all the delicate stuff. He's got so many drawbacks to his abilities that its just taking the piss.

Aekiel

8. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

Spoiler: Naruto Rapes Sakura.

9. Spanks

Spanks Chief Warlock

That's pretty much the only reason I am still reading. Sasuke is so strong right now, the only way Naruto will catch up is to get stronger himself and I look forward to more training on Naruto's part.

I can't see Kage Bunshin helping in physical aspects of training. If it did wouldn't his body be exhausted every time he creates 1,000 clones and has them go running off to fight? I think Kage bunshin helps with two things when it comes to training, gaining knowledge quickly and improving abilites that require chakra (chakra control, jutsu training, nature/shape manipulation, etc)

10. Robo Jesus

Robo Jesus High Inquisitor

Post pics or it never happened.

:p

11. Nobody

Nobody Backtraced

12. ovick111

ovick111 Backtraced

The real thing that should be revealed however, is Haku's gender. Is he a girl or a boy?

I'm hoping girl. Already jacked off to her.

13. Solomon

Solomon Heir

...Haku was revealed to be a boy a long time ago. People will still write Fem!Haku fics, though (much to my pleasure).

14. ovick111

ovick111 Backtraced

15. sephiroththebrokenangel

sephiroththebrokenangel Fourth Year

Uchiha Madara

eh just one thing I wanted to say about the whole Tobi thing is that Kyubbi actually knows Madara and said that his eyes and chakra were more evil than his at the time they met so Im figuring if thats true then him being in a healthy body as Tobi isnt so hard to believe

16. Spanks

Spanks Chief Warlock

Anyone else get the feeling that Jiraiya might be killed soon? He is sneaking into enemy land so he can get more info on Pein. Tsunade said that he is nuts for going alone and Jiraiya responds by pretty much saying in so many words "I'll be okay, I am a Sannin afterall." I just think he is in for some trouble in the coming chapters.

17. Oujou Akaash

Oujou Akaash Unspeakable

if he can get away from a hound of girls from a bath house once they find out he was peeking, sneaking into enemy territory would be a synch. lol

18. Verse of Darkness

Verse of Darkness Denarii Host

This may be a little off topic, but do you guys notice the similarities between Juugo and Android 16?

19. Spanks

Spanks Chief Warlock

Did you notice the similarities between Naruto and DBZ?

Naruto=Goku; They are goofy, not that smart, powerful, don't know their parents, have a special power they didn't know about.

Sasuke=Vegeta; Brooding, superior ego, losing his family tragically, at odds with his rival, goes to work for the enemy.

Sakura=Bulma; bossy, loud, smart, likes the Vegeta figure, odd colored hair.

Juugo=Android 16; animal fascination, uber tall, doesn't like to fight, but when he does he is powerful

Rasenshuriken=Descrtuco Disc

Just to name a few things.

20. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

Lol.. the Kishi's were influenced by Dragon Ball.

Also... Goku didn't have any special powers, not really.