1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Oneshot All the Dementors of Azkaban by Lifewriter - T/PG13

Discussion in 'Humor' started by The Santi, Sep 29, 2009.

1. The Santi

The Santi Professor

Title: All the Dementors of Azkaban
    Author: Lifewriter
    Rating: T (PG-13)
    Genre: Humor
    DLP Category: Humor/Parody
    Words: 14,603
    Published: September 12, 2009

Summary:AU PoA: When Luna Lovegood is condemned to Azkaban prison for her part in opening the Chamber of Secrets, Harry Potter is the first to protest. Minister Fudge is reluctant to comply, but then again he never really had a choice in the first place. Oneshot.
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5371934/1/All_The_Dementors_of_Azkaban

Basically, this is an alternate universe in which Luna was given Riddle's diary instead of Ginny, and she ended up in Azkaban for some reason. The story also assumes that Harry and Luna somehow managed to become friends during Luna's first year, and Harry decides to protest her sentence at Azkaban by staying at the prison.

It's got some pretty funny moments, including Harry's attempts at befriending the Dementors, a high stakes poker game with the inmates of Azkaban, and Sirius and Harry's interaction

4/5

Checked by Minion, February 23, 2013

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2013
  2. sirius009

sirius009 Minister of Magic

This was brilliant. The whole "Dementors are misunderstood" bit was great, as was Harry casually referring to the Lestranges by their nicknames to DD, the best part had to have been Bellas fan girl worship of Neville.
    5/5 because it was original, entertaining, was a great length (over 15,000 words) and made me laugh at times.

3. Qwerty

Qwerty Second Year

God, it was good. Love the Dementors, as well as those poker tournaments.

5/5

4. Clerith

Clerith Ahegao Emperor ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    This one is great, and long to boot!

It's pretty funny, and I enjoyed reading it.

4/5

5. scaryisntit

scaryisntit Death Eater

I'm feeling the love to. Good work, good length, good writing.

4.5/5, but rated as a 4. Some of the Luna humour has been done to death. But the rest of it was sound.

6. Silens Cursor

Silens Cursor The Silencer DLP Supporter

That fic was just what I needed right about now, and that makes me feel great. Harry's characterization was fantastic, Sirius' was just as good, and the wealth of original ideas in this little story made my day.

A well-deserved 5/5, and an addition to my favourites.

7. fanficlover

fanficlover Fourth Year

A good laugh. Quite well written.

4/5 for me.

8. Rhys

Rhys High Inquisitor

Classic Crack. 5/5

" "Mister Potter... I have no idea how you did this, but it is probably all your fault. Ten points from Gryffindor." "

Made the fic.

9. darklordmike

darklordmike Headmaster

It was fun. It doesn't have an ounce of logic, but as a crack!fic I guess that doesn't really matter. Loved the bit with Hermione and the dementors:

4/5

10. Nuhuh

Nuhuh Dastardly Shadow Admin Retired Staff

meh, it was mildly amusing...in some parts.

Definitely not nonjon level. And since he sets the bar I can't really give this a high rating.

11. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Since comparing to nonjon is like trying to compare apples and moons, I'm going to give this a 5/5. I haven't laughed so hard in ages :p.

12. Nuhuh

Nuhuh Dastardly Shadow Admin Retired Staff

Philistine.

13. Jeram

Jeram Elder of Zion ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    TRUTH TRUTH TRUTH.

People are spoiled. And they don't know anything.

This ain't quite as good as all that - it's amusing, sure.

I found this pretty fun to read, FOR THE MOST PART. It ventured too much into stupid gags though, and the Manipulative!Dumbledore reference (brief thought it is) makes me drop it at least a full point. I'm sick of that cliche.

However it has decent writing and some funny moments - and is long enough not to be annoying.

3.5/5

-J

14. Katricia

Katricia DA Member

I loved this, especially the parts about SPUD and Bellatrix practically worshiping Neville... XD Great story, long enough to entertain for a good amount of time, but still short enough to read in one sitting. The writing's pretty good, and just the thought of hot-pink prison cells made me giggle a bit. 5/5.

15. Pyromaniac

Pyromaniac Third Year

Brilliant, such that I was late to class because I couldn't stop reading it.

It possessed good characterization, and it was damn hilarious. 5/5

Of course, a general dearth of good readings of late (mostly because I've read everything else...) may influence my vote somewhat, but meh.

16. Bittersweet

Bittersweet Groundskeeper

Fics that take cracks at cliches tend to mention the cliches in passing :p

Highly amusing fic all in all - though it does drag a bit at some parts.

4/5

17. Stenstyren

Stenstyren Professor

One of the best cracfics I've ever read, i laughed the whole time (almost).

5/5

18. Sagita

Sagita Fourth Year

I liked it but I don't find it library worthy, DLP seems to have very high standarts and even for a humor fic All the dementors in Azkaban feels lacking. I didn't laugh trough the whole fic, in fact I didn't laugh. No fap october might be making me grumpy.

2/5 <.<

19. Dark Minion

Dark Minion Bright Henchman DLP Supporter Retired Staff

It was ok, I think.

The writing wasn't that great and a few clichés bothered me, i.e. manipulative!Dumbledore. I have seen that one way too often to find it funny, especially the twinkling eyes and the line "for the greater good".

I really liked how he/she described Bellatrix, and how Neville performed at poker. SPUD was a good one and is a nice example how to mention clichés in passing without overdoing it.

All in all I think it's better than a lot of stuff in the Humour section of the library, though not top rated material.

3.7 / 5

20. Alexeyy

Alexeyy Seventh Year DLP Supporter

I rarely rate/opine at all, but I think this story did not deserve the praise it was given.

At first the story was very entertaining, and I even laughed out loud a few times. Thinking back though, it could be more due to the fact that good humour fictions are hard to come by nowadays, so my taste for good comedy became rusty.

Closer to the end I was thinking only about, how long until it's finally over. I suffered a sequence of pointless scenes, repeating each other, with nor logic behind them, and nor plot. The scenes don't flow into each other, which makes the whole thing look ragged and detached. There is no climax, conclusion, or denouement.

Also, the author is imitating Rorschach's Blot's 'Make A Wish' story, which was also dragged for too long, and was only entertaining as long as the Reader was kept guessing about the next impossible accident Harry could get into. After a while, Rorschach's authority suffered a great fall in my eyes, so I personally see no point to imitate the story, which is better off shamefully hidden somewhere.

At first I wanted to rate it 3/5, but through my rant I have convinced myself that '3' is too high for it. I'm at loss because I feel bad giving anyone a '2'. Oh well, 3/5 for being an original idea.

P.S. Can anyone give me definition for "crack fic" please? And it's etymology.
    P.P.S. Oh, the 100th post. Such a waste *dramatically*

Last edited: Oct 2, 2009