1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Alternate Hinata Fics

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by disposablehead, Aug 28, 2012.

1. disposablehead

disposablehead Seventh Year

I'm looking for stories with an radically OOC Hinata. Evil, empowered, spoiled, impoverished: doesn't matter if it's good, as long as it's different.

2. Knyght

Knyght Alchemist

People Lie
    Lies have power. They can change a simple-minded believer into a two-faced schemer and a timid follower into a fanatical devotee. They can change a child angry at the world into a man consumed by more than vengeance. But that power is a lie as well.

Ask Me No Questions (A companion fic to People Lie)
    From Believe it! to Believe me! Team Lie, the vicious, aggressive, loyal only to each other team of Naruto, Sasuke, and Hinata from my other fic People Lie wind up in a world suspiciously like canon, which is far, far different from their own. AU/TT

Naruto Fuujinroku
    These are the chronicles of the Golden Wind God. In the beginning, the orphan became a heir. In Fantasia, the heir will become a shinobi. DEAD.

Hinata's Little Black Book
    The real reason Hinata taps her fingers together, why Naruto loves ramen, and Itachi's only weakness. A collection of random stories slightly on the dark side of humor. Not for cannon fanatics. Now with Spiffy quotes at the begining of each chapter...

And then suddenly, Ninjas!
    On the day Naruto Uzumaki was born, the Third Hokage made a decision that would one day turn the world upon its head. Twelve years after the Fourth Hokage killed the Nine-Tailed Fox, Naruto Uzumaki sets forth to become the greatest Ninja of all time! (Don't take it too seriously)

3. Orm Embar

Orm Embar Auror

Pretty much anything by Nugar. I cannot second the recommendation for People Lie enough.

4. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    If no-one else does, and if it doesn't drop in quality later, on I will rec People Lie.

OP, define alternate Hinata. Does it matter if she started out as canon and change over time, or does the premise have to be how she is different from canon, as the divergence?

5. Jester

Jester Seventh Year DLP Supporter

I remember looking for a Hinata is evil fic after reading People Lie but didn't have much luck.

There was one Naruto/Fire Emblem crossover where Hinata kills Sasuke in the Valley of the End. It was decent but abandoned and seems to have been pulled from FFN.

Also another crack fic where she kidnaps Naruto... don't remember what it was called though.

Slim pickings it seems.

6. Styx0444

Styx0444 Minister of Magic

There's a few decent ones, but most seriously drop in quality later on. I remember a mad scientist one that was great until about three quarters through, and at the end I could barely read it.

7. Mutton

Mutton Order Member

Yeah, People Lie kind of ruined Hinata for me; it's probably my favorite fic in the fandom and her characterization was interesting and enjoyable to read, something most authors fail to pull out.

8. Gizmore

Gizmore Minister of Swedish Affairs DLP Supporter

I couldn't finish People Lie, the writing and pacing was sub par.

9. Styx0444

If the Clients Lie chapters bugged you, it gets a lot better after that. If you just mean in general, I'd like a link to something you consider great, 'cause People Lie is one of the best written things I've found in the fandom.

10. Tasoli

Tasoli Minister of Magic

That is Hyperbole I couldn't get into People Lie either. It is good story but not that great.

For example Naruto and Sasuke's character bugged the hell out of me even if they are understandable.

Hinata's character was good and Naruto taking advantage out of her is something I haven't seen anywhere else. I would like the read some more of that if anyone does know any story where Naruto takes advantage of Hinata's crush without being massive asshole send me the link please I would like the read it.

11. Clerith

Clerith Ahegao Emperor ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Alternate Hinata is something I'm interested in reading, but unfortunately, the vast majority of my experiences with her end up with some sort of dominatrix!Hinata and pussy!Naruto.

12. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Dude. Re-read that.

13. Tehlaziboi

Tehlaziboi Ninja Meido

Considering the fandom in question, that really isn't saying much. If a story doesn't feature Kyuubi calling Naruto "Kit" or retarded kid-thrashing villagers, it's suddenly 90% better than the rest.

14. Sechrima

Sechrima Disappeared

QFT. Been browsing FF.net again today (*shudder*) and almost every fic I've browsed the first chapter of has lame bold monologues from the Kyuubi involving numerous uses of the word 'kit'. Jesus Christ people, what is wrong with you all?

15. Styx0444

....Sad but true. :facepalm That said, it's definitely in the top percentile of that 10%

Yeah, that's why I don't read Naruto fanfiction very much anymore. Aside from what's posted here, the one exception is Black Flames Dance in the Wind, and that's because I've been following it since chapter 3, and I've seen the writing improve tremendously.

16. Tinder

Tinder Seventh Year

Since you mentioned it, I searched for it. The first chapter contains both the elements of terrible Naruto fanfiction Tehlaziboi mentioned and plenty more he didn't.

I skipped forward and skimmed a couple of later chapters and it still seemed pretty terrible, but to be honest it would be a miracle to create a good story out of such a bad set up.

17. Churchey

Churchey Supreme Mugwump

After reading two chapters of it, I'm sick to my stomach.
    fail/5 if I had to rate it. I wouldn't even read it as the shittiest and guiltiest of guilty pleasures.

18. Palver

Palver High Inquisitor

A Cage of Blood and Circumstance

You've been inserted into the body of someone in Konoha. Do you become a Ninja; killing others and likely dying, or run and live? An OC-insert into one of the worst possible people in the Narutoverse – Hyūga Hinata. AU. No Bashing or Serious Relationships.

19. Styx0444

Yeah, agreed. Skip to one of the last chapters to see how much it improved. It's still cliche as hell, and you shouldn't take it to seriously, but it's impressive how much it improves, actually managing to make a decent story, without redoing any of the earlier chapters.

I started reading it when it just started, and I had no taste. I wouldn't recommend it here, because it starts out so badly. But it gets way better, and the author has my respect because he actually listens to criticism.

20. disposablehead

disposablehead Seventh Year

I enjoyed this. It's like Taure wrote a Narutoverse SI.

But the consensus seems to be there isn't much out there aside from nugar. Bummer.