1. Hey Guest,

Are you handy with Photoshop? Do you feel the DLP Anakin logo is tired and old? Do you want to win a special as of yet undetermined prize? Join the DLP Banner Photoshop Competition! Fame, fortune, and the respect of your peers await those that enter. Sadness, despair, and a deep self-loathing await those that do not.

Enter the competition.
    Dismiss Notice

Alternate Triwizard Tournament fics?

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by Download, Jul 1, 2017.

1. Download

Download Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

What can people recommend for interesting alternative Triwizard Tournament fics? Can be completely AU as long as it has Harry competing. Alternate tasks, alternate interference, maybe even no Voldemort or set in Harry's 7th year? Plenty of options here.

I seem to remember enjoying these fics a lot when I first got into fanfic but can't seem to find any now.

2. Zenzao

Zenzao 500 Club King Prestige

High Score:
    I'll be honest here and say that the only thing that comes to mind is The Lie I've Lived by jbern. I just don't read enough HP fanfiction anymore to offer up a viable alternate that is more recent.

3. Halt

Halt 1/3 of the Note Bros.

There's also Knowledge is Power, which has always stood out to me for it's different take on TWT. Unfortunately, it only reached the point of the First Task before it got abandoned, but still an interesting take on it.

Edit: Tangentially related, Xandrel's Roll Your Own Harry Potter Adventure thread (which I continued briefly) had multiple alternative tasks. Not a story strictly speaking, but if you were just looking for ideas it might be worth looking at.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2017
  4. FridgeViking

FridgeViking Squib

High Score:
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2017
  5. awinarock

awinarock Alchemist

Prince of the Dark Kingdom comes to mind though I can't remember if the tasks themselves were that much different than canon.

6. Warlocke

Warlocke Prisoner

Cripes, I had totally forgotten about that thread. I think I only did the first two years.

Maybe I'd better fix that...