1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WIP Anarkia by Naia - T

Discussion in 'The Alternates' started by Rahkesh Asmodaeus, Sep 10, 2005.

1. KenderCleric

KenderCleric Lord of Plot Bunnies

I agree with this statement.

This fic has a lot going for it imo, but frankly ...
    The fact that Snape is in any shape, form, or fashion a mentor to Harry irritates me to no end. Snape dies horribly...that's his lot in fiction. Why can't author's get that? Oh..and Vampires. Good god am I sick of Vampires.

2. Burn

Burn Second Year

One of the best AU stories I have read in a while

This story has exceeded my expectations, especially with such an ambiguous title. I just wish there was more conflict in the story. Don't get me wrong, I love the story, things are just taking a long time to mature, leaving that painful wanting for more we crack and fanfiction addicts know.

3. sirius009

sirius009 Minister of Magic

My main issue with the story is that harry/julian seems infallible, he can't do nothing wrong and is great at everything, also there isn't really a subplot..
    3.5-4/5

4. Kaprice

Kaprice Guest

Nah, Harry/Julian's not infallible - but extremely close. I'll also have to disagree about the "no subplot" part as well... those ginormous chapters are actually building up to a climax, even though to some people who skim over the - what was it? 70k+ words - might not really feel the push towards a battle.

Great story, like everyone else practically said, but it's just ah... has a sense of overly done words for so little action. More time is spent on describing scenes that are not as important than dragging the story a little further down the plot line.

still.. a solid 4/5 and definately recommended

5. sirius009

sirius009 Minister of Magic

Naw i don't see the sub-plot besides the very very minor Neville struggling w/ his identity thing.

6. The-Hyphenated-One

The-Hyphenated-One Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Damn, thought it was updated.....oh well.

7. Belgarion213

Belgarion213 Slug Club Member

Actually there are a couple of plots going on.
    1) The fight between the Order and the Deatheater. While not much attention is really paid to it, it does set the backdrop.
    2) Nevils struggle with his sopposed status as the BWL
    3) The fight between Dumbledore and Voldemort to secure Jullians Loyalty or support.
    4) The plot by Nightwinds to get their students in positions of importance (this also is not central focus, however it has been mentioned a couple of times)
    5) Julians studies as a Sorcerer. We want to know what the diffrence between a wizard and a sorcerer, etc etc. There is some obscure goal that Sorcerers are driving towards mentioned in chapter six I think.
    6) what is the goal of Julian, Evan and their friends from Nightwinds. It has been mentioned several times whether or not to bring certain people into the fold/secret. What this secret and how it plays out...

There are probably more, but there are a couple of things that seem of interest.

8. headbanger22

headbanger22 Third Year

Chapter seven has just been updated.

9. Nadino

Nadino Third Year

Yea. I had this in my alert list but I don't really remember a lot of it.. but from what I remember, it's a decent story.
    Gonna reread it and see if it still interests me..

10. Nefar

Nefar Seventh Year

I had good memories of this fic, and had been sure it was abandoned. But after so long... that was disapointing.

-The fighting scenes. Oh look, there went ten minutes of (what we, the readers, must imagine to be) vicious fighting. Now a short, rather repetitive, rather bland finish is described. And did anyone even notice the other Dux's fight? That one sentence?
    -Magical system. Not as big of an issue, but I've forgotten how silly detailed discussion with magical cores are to read - especially when the author puts more effort into this discusssion than on a pivotal fight scene. There's even a line that reads, "The core..."
    -Voldemort gets a short, intense headache that disappears quickly, accepts without reserve a potion from a man ideally placed to replace him, then goes back to gloating over the gothic architecture and depraved raving of his supposedly intimidating Death Eaters? Yeah.
    -The three parralel Samhain scenes. While switching between the ball/dance/gathering scenes seems a nice thematic idea, to show the similarities and differences between the three factions, the execution... I got the impression that the author's favorite part of the Matrix trilogy was the dance/rage scene. Even more than the sexy scene we got afterwords.
    -There's more, but eh.

In short, I would have preferred not to read this chapter, and let the good memories of my younger, more naive self undisturbed.

11. Fuegodefuerza

Fuegodefuerza Minister of Magic

;_;

I remember loving this story. But it seems Naia's taking it in a different direction than I had hoped she would. It's still got great potential, and I'm going to read it as it keeps getting updated, but not with the same anticipation as I did a year or two ago. Which is too bad.

12. mikeuni

mikeuni Squib

I like the new chapter. I will agree that there seems to be nothing be week subplots but I also think this might be a very long story and just starting out. I love this story and look forward to more I give it a 4.2/5

13. mikey_revit

mikey_revit Squib

My first read through this story and I have to say that the author and the story itself have my full attention. I have a feeling that I will be waiting in suspense for updates as I do for Jbern's stories. I cant wait to read more.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2008
  14. Darius

Darius 13/m/box

The Octagon - Say that to my face and not online m
    Lol, how can you fags like these and HATE ASCAL

Fucking morons.

15. Ryuugi Shi

Ryuugi Shi Hierarch

If it makes you feel better, I hate it.

I think I liked it once, but that was several years ago. Now, it's just...ugh.

16. Seed00

Seed00 Squib

After 7/8 years, Naia updated to chapter eight. I knew I should have deleted that story from my alerts. Would have been spared of wondering how it all ends. At least, the latest chapter doesn't end on some cliffhanger.

17. silverlasso

silverlasso Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

This was one of my favorite stories way back when. It hasn't really aged well, but I appreciate that it's been updated (even though it would take 30+ chapters to reach some sort of satisfactory conclusion).