1. The second prompt is revealed! (Q2 2018)

"Breaking into Snape's office in the middle of the night was a risky move at the best of times..."

Deadline is June 18th, also known as the 22nd Anniversary of a seriously sad day—a tremendously black day for anyone.

As with before you can check out the new thread discussing scoring, rules, and other such matters in the in the Story Competitions forum.

Dismiss Notice

Animated tv show from the 80's or 90's?

Discussion in 'Real Life Discussion' started by Ninclow, Apr 2, 2018.

1. Ninclow

Ninclow Fourth Year

High Score:
    Okay, so there is this cartoon show I remember watching when I was a kid, about British (I think they were supposed to be British, at least, I only ever saw the Norwegian dub) explorers on an expedition in Africa all dressed in attires one might find stereotypical to see in kid's show for such endeavors. There were a group consisting of four or five individuals. There is, as far as I recall, a black man who is their guide through the jungle, and who we see in the opening sequence wrestle with a gorilla to protect the group. I remember it as being these two black men, one was the tour guide and the other was - I think, a good guy trying to expose the guide as a villain planning on luring the group into a trap of some sort. These two black men were so big and strong compared to the explorers that if either one of them had tried to attack the Brits, only the other would've been capable of stopping him. The guide had this yellow field suit on, and the other had a blue, sleeveless shirt, I think it was. I remember the "good guy" fighting the guide in this sort of climatic battle in which he was thrown down a waterfall by the guide and presumed dead (at which time I seem to recall the guide's villainy being revealed), only for the man who fell to be found and nursed back to health by some thus far unknown tribe/a tribeswoman, and being determined upon waking up to pursue the group to save them from the guide.

I don't know, does this sound remotely familiar to anyone? The animation reminds me of Barbe-Rouge/Redbeard and Princess Sissi.

Anything sounding familiar?

Last edited: Apr 2, 2018
  2. Anarchy

Anarchy Fourth Champion DLP Supporter

3. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Based on the blue sleeveless shirt, sounds like something that would have happened in the Mr. T animated series. Which was 100% hilarious, but still may not be what you're looking for.

[​IMG]

Should probably post stuff like this in multimedia next time.

4. Alistair

Alistair First Year

5. Ninclow

Ninclow Fourth Year

High Score:
    Multimedia. Got it. ^^'

I don't think it is the first one. Seem to remember there being fewer people in the group, I don't think either of the black men having beards and there was definitively no dog.