1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Anime Spring Season 2010

Discussion in 'Books and Anime Discussion' started by Dark Minion, Feb 25, 2010.

1. Dark Minion

Dark Minion Bright Henchman DLP Supporter Retired Staff

2. pdo91

pdo91 Professor DLP Supporter

Gundam... Unicorn?

I'm not sure whether to :( or :awesome.

3. Krogan

Krogan Alien in a Hat ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:

....wat? Gundam....Unicorn?

Also Gundam has officially fucking run out of ideas, they are making a Gundam version of Romance of the Three Kingdoms, same storylines, same setting, same characters but all of the characters are Gundams instead of people.

Last, only thing that looked interesting to me on that list was the Marvel anime remakes, might have to check that out.

4. Rehio

Rehio Bad Dragon ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I don't understand all the fanservice the last two seasons. It's like that's all they show anymore.

5. Dark Minion

Dark Minion Bright Henchman DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Lol. It's not just Sunrise with Gundam. There are three (!) animes based on Romance of the Three Kingdoms this season.

I will try Senko no Night Raid, which is set in Japanese-occupied China during the 1930s. I really am interested in the probably warped Japanese point of view concerning the setting.

And Heroman - because it's done by Bones and might be similar to Eureka Seven and Bounen no Xam'd.

Gundam Unicorn:
    The Prologue is set at the beginning of the Universal Century - UC, and then it continues 100 years later. I think that's the reason for the "Unicorn" - and the Gundam itself has a horn like a unicorn.

It's an ova with 6 movies/episodes of about 55 minutes each. The plot is the usual Gundam plot of the early series: Boy is accidentally involved in some mecha-action, finds a Gundam and goes on to rescue a girl. Character design and animation resemble the early series rather than the last.

I'll have to wait for the Gundam 00 movie. :(

Last edited: Feb 26, 2010
  6. Tehlaziboi

Tehlaziboi Ninja Meido

Seriously doesn't look like there's anything interesting at all. Guess I'm stuck still watching only One Piece and FMA: Brotherhood. :/

Oh, and yeah I want that 00 movie to come out too.

7. SmileOfTheKill

SmileOfTheKill Magical Amber

What the hell is up with anime now a days?

Things are terrible, and only one anime there looked interesting. "House of the Five Leaves"

8. Bucks

Bucks Headmaster DLP Supporter

Iron Man trailer looks interesting, tbh. Wolverine is set to be animated also at some point.

Lutris vouches Gundam Unicorn is going to be awesome and so far I like it. Sure it had it's moments where I felt annoyed at some of the characters but it's only the first episode.

Decent sport anime this spring, not so much for adventure/action series though.

Edit: I personally would have preferred it if they animated the marvel crossovers, I know, no chance of that happening but still. :(

Last edited: Feb 26, 2010