1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Any characters, authors, or fics that you have problems with?

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Lucas, Nov 22, 2015.

Not open for further replies.
  1. Lucas

Lucas Muggle

High Score:
    I was just wondering what fics you guys think are either done way too much, are overrated, or have OP characters? I'm sure there are hundreds of thousands of fics like that, haha, but I was just wondering are there any that stick out to you.
    Personally, I think all of Robsts fics are just megh. I feel like all his fics start out with Harry just going "Oh wow, I din't realize how much I want to date Hermione." They then usually proceed to have Harry start dating Hermione and then screw over Voldemort and Dumbledore with ease, usually not even encountering road blocks along the way. I haven't found time to read Harry Crow yet, but I'm not sure I want to.
    James Spookie tends to do the same plot over, and over, and over again. Through the Looking Glass and The Fourth Champion are pretty good, and I seem to remember What We're Fighting For being pretty good but I haven't read it in several months, so I might be wrong.
    Another one is Angry Harry and the Seven. I like it, but it has some ishues I can't ignore. For one thing, Harry and Friends dabel in politics at the age of eleven. For another, Daphne and Harry accept the contract way too quickly. After Daphne accepts it like four chapters into the fic, there relationship is just perfect, with almost no fights between them. The ones they do have are miner. Lastly, Harry's response to everything that gets in his way is to act like a way overpowered 3-year-old, throwing a magical tantrum.

2. Dark Minion

Dark Minion Bright Henchman DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Please, Lucas, you only need to rewrite your post a tiny little bit and it will be a random fantastic contribution to our Pet Peeves thread.

Not open for further replies.