1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Arrow

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by DarkAizen, Oct 11, 2012.

1. Moridin

Moridin Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

A character like Lance, while certainly tertiary on the show, is hardly an acquaintance to Oliver. Ultimately, there's a distinction considering their line of work. If someone like that dies of natural causes, it's one thing. If there's a death in the line of duty, I can totally see Barry showing up to see how Oliver's doing, if nothing else.

2. Joe's Nemesis

Joe's Nemesis High Score: 2,058 ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Not following the current topic, but for the overall show . . . I always wondered why they switched actresses for Sara Lance. Not that "Prettiness" has anything to do with it, but I thought the way Jaquelin Wood was pretty matched both the character, and also Laural Lance much better.

Nevertheless, I read one theory tonight, and it makes some sense. Of course, it could simply be something as mundane as conflicting schedules.

3. Starwind

Starwind Headmaster

4. Joe's Nemesis

High Score:
    After this last episode . . . Damn, Emily Bett Rickards can act. I've been meh on her as Felicity, but this last episode, for me, was pretty impressive.

5. Starwind

Starwind Headmaster

"I will freely give it to you if you do one thing for me."

Uh yeah.

Roys return was awesome, Shado's return was awesome - both him and Slade now both seeing her - would be great if it carried on through this season, seemed they left Tatsu's fate offscreen to write her out?

6. Exile

Exile High Inquisitor

I hear a future Oliver Queen with a vandyke and less one limb is coming to Legends of Tomorrow

7. Johnnyseattle

Johnnyseattle Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Jesus tapdancing Christ, Oliver is the dumbest person on the face of the earth.

So let me get this straight - Malcolm killed your best friend, was involved in your father becoming the piece of shit he was, killed hundreds of people in a ghetto in the city you profess to love so much, is about to just let your sister (his fucking daughter, btw) die because reasons, and threatened the life of your son (by revealing him to Darhkhhhkk), and you just CUT HIS FUCKING HAND OFF AND LET HIM GO?!?!

This is rapidly turning into one of those emo!Harry fics where he is overcome by angst from thinking he's got to actually *gasp* kill the worst bad guy to ever live. Seeing who's in the grave is the only thing keeping me watching this right now, and I'm pretty close to just reading recaps at that. It's never been a perfect program by any means, but FFS, it's just becoming a caricature at this point.

8. Joe

Joe The Reminiscent Exile ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter ⭐⭐⭐

High Score:
    Hey! Some of us built our church on that foundation! Tread lightly, Seattle.

That said, yeah. I've taken to clicking ahead whenever they have another one of those 'you gotta do this but i'll feel bad about it' scenes. It's just... well, expected.

Also, they've got Arrow and Flash even more all over the place than usual with the MC's power level/abilities. Oliver getting his ass handed to him by street punks one week, then straight up dominating Merlyn the next. There's inconsistent, then there's just taking the piss.

9. Starwind

Starwind Headmaster

Best thing in the episode was how quick the fight was, on the other hand he gets beat by street thugs easily so...

10. Moridin

Eh, the quick fight wasn't exactly a great thing. Merlyn got beat by Oliver worse than Oliver got beat by Ra's the first time, and that's saying something. At least Oliver had a resurgence in that fight. Merlyn got punched twice and basically gave up.

11. MattSilver

MattSilver The Traveller

Guys, don't get caught up in all this questioning of Oliver's actions. Instead, be like me and enjoy the subtle storyline that's been going on since the back half of last season: Nyssa Al Ghul's ongoing quest to bang Laurel. Sure, Ollie's been there and done the whole "banging both Lance sisters" thing, but now that Sara's alive again and Oliver's happy with Felicity, you just know if anyone can eventually pull off that threesome, it's Nyssa. No wonder she disbanded the League Of Assassins; she's gonna want the free time. I believe in you, Nyssa. Godspeed.

12. Exile

Exile High Inquisitor

Couldn't disagree more. I'm shocked oliver's entire cast of moral compasses were all on board with killing merlin. You can't turn Over a new leaf and keep back peddling every season. That gets tiresome. In the end he saved Thea and didn't kill anybody. Pretty impressiveconsidering everybody else was giddy to see oliver kill him. He's not the punisher, though we all wish more hero's were.

And lastly, I do believe you'll get your wish any way. If dark kills his kid I have a feeling most people close to dark, including merlin get pincushioned

13. Zeitgeist

Zeitgeist High Inquisitor

Glad to see that I'm not the only person who thought Nyssa was giving Laurel some serious come-hither looks. Nyssa/Laurel would, oddly enough, be a healthier pairing than Oliver/Laurel ever was. At least Nyssa/Laurel seem to respect and trust each other implicitly, which is far more than I could ever say about Oliver/Laurel or Tommy/Laurel.

14. Starwind

Starwind Headmaster

Great episode.

But oh god... that ending.

15. Moridin

It was shaping up to be a really nice ending. Amell's acting really shone in this episode, and that final scene especially was incredibly touching. They could have left it at that.

Nope. Felicity being a bitch. Again. At this point I'm starting to give credence to the idea that her character is being intentionally sabotaged to make GA/BC viable again.

16. Corvus Black

Corvus Black Professor

Felicity getting her legs back at exactly that moment was really jarring. And then she just walks away.

You're not marrying the guy now, but come on. He just sent his son away and you gave him back his ring. Give the guy a fucking hug, at least.

17. funkytoad

funkytoad Fifth Year

Felicity getting up again only to walk away had me laughing.

18. junkseer2

junkseer2 First Year

High Score:
    The relationship "fiasko" ended up being a bit boring, basically repeating what was already shown during the whole time travel bit in Central City. Don't know who Merlyn will end up supporting at the end of the season. Question - does anyone know if Felicity is wearing the ring during the limo/cemetery scene?

19. Moridin

She isn't. It was noticed and highly speculated on in the subreddit, so I remember.

20. Joe's Nemesis

High Score:
    Honestly, I thought that was going to happen the entire time . . . and the show was set up for it to happen from the first season.

The funny thing is, I don't like her as BC, but I do like her as Laurel Lance.