1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Arrow

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by DarkAizen, Oct 11, 2012.

1. Starwind

Starwind Headmaster

Seriously dont check the spoiler unless you want to be spoiled about the grave.

I heard its Laurel in the grave, wasnt at the grave scene being filmed, Katie auditioned for a new tv show in the past month, seems shes being killed off.

If this is the case, wtf.

2. Moridin

Moridin Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

That... I don't buy it.

Laurel's been sidelined a lot this past season, it seems to me that if she was about to be killed off they'd give her more of a character arc in order to make it worth something when she was gone. Not to mention, at this point a Lance daughter dying is practically a Star City tradition.

3. Johnnyseattle

Johnnyseattle Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Yeah, that would be jarring.

I've kind of been toying with the theory that it's Felicity in the grave, and he's talking to her ghost in the limo, via his Constantine-given tattoo thingy. This would be the best of all outcomes I think, as I'm not tired of her (EBR) per se, but the writers have just screwed the pooch with what they've turned her character into.

Also,
    Alex Kingston (Laurel/Sara's mom) apparently is filming an Arrow episode as well - guess that might not bode well for Laurel either. That sucks, I'm actually enjoying her this season.

Last edited: Feb 29, 2016
  4. Quick Ben

Quick Ben In ur docs, stealin ur werds.

This would be incredibly cheap since it would be forgetting that Laurel is BFFs with the current Ra's Al Ghul , who also happens to have the cure for the side effects of the pits bloodlust.

Not forgetting that her sister is now a Time traveler.

5. Moridin

Moridin Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Firstly, we don't know how much of the potion in question Nyssa still has, secondly, the Pit has been destroyed. The League may have more, it may not. Given Malcolm's reaction to Nyssa's actions, I'd guess the latter tbh.

6. Kai Shek

Kai Shek Supreme Mugwump

This breakup has got to be some of the most unbelievable crap that I have ever watched.

7. Maphisto40

Maphisto40 First Year

High Score:
    This show has become so unpleasant and so full of character assassination that I gave up on it a couple weeks ago. For a while I was only watching it so that I wouldn't miss anything that might be referenced in The Flash.

Now I don't care. I hate it. >.<

8. Corvus Black

Corvus Black Professor

Yep. Have stopped watching this.

Flash is still awesome though, especially the latest episode. One the best in the entire series.

9. Meerkats

Meerkats Unspeakable

The better Flash gets, the worse Arrow becomes.

I've also dropped Arrow and picked up S.H.I.E.L.D to fill the void.

10. Mister Ferro

Mister Ferro High Inquisitor

The mystery of who is in the coffin is finally solved. At least we might get to see Ollie in Mother Russia in the flashbacks next season.

11. Johnnyseattle

Call me a comics purist, but there's no way I'm watching this again. That was inexcusable.

12. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Man, the hate over at the subreddit has been... interesting, to watch unfold. I mean, I've never really been that vested in Arrow - I skipped the first two seasons and have mostly been hit-and-miss on the remainder, and that only because of the Flash/Legends occasionally tying into it. I've caught more of this past season than most. But the salt over Canary's fate, hah, wow.

And is it just me or did anyone else think that maybe Arrow and Diggle were setting up the brother with that interruption and argument? I really thought that they might be testing the brother's loyalties only for it to turn out to be, no, they really are that stupid in how they behave.

13. Johnnyseattle

Oh yeah, I haven't looked at the subreddit in a while, that place is toxic, and every bit as over-the-top as the political subs in their tantrums.

For me, I'd just really held out hope that eventually we'd get the comic version of Oliver Queen / Green Arrow, but...

without Black Canary, that's just not going to happen.

Still like Amell and all the crew - I'll be at his wine party on the other side of the state in a few weeks in fact - but I am not sure I can keep watching this. I'm sure I'll cave in eventually if I hear it's getting good again like the weak-willed person I am, but let me have my indignation for now, dammit. :)

14. LJW

LJW Squib

High Score:
    I remember watching this show but it just became boring. Action scenes are dulled down and everything has become repetitive.

15. Starwind

Starwind Headmaster

This has become bad, Flash is iffy right now... all the good shows are becoming worse.

16. Redsayn

Redsayn Slug Club Member

Following the culmination of season 5, I thought it would be a good idea to bump this thread-

That episode was incredible; in my opinion it was an actual masterpiece. The cinematography, the characters and their interactions, the twists- legitimately everything was on point here. A 9-10/10 episode, and the season is definitely up there with 1 and 2.