1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Author becuzitswrong has passed away

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by T3t, Sep 19, 2016.

1. T3t

T3t Purple Beast of DLP ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Info here.

Most well-known for his Worm/Iron Man crossover, Memories of Iron, becuzitswrong has passed away. Personally, I found his other Worm stories less trite and more interesting than his flagship.

Beyond how awful death in general is, it's a huge shame that such a motivated and prolific writer has left us.

We shall have to work faster.

2. Kerrus

Kerrus DA Member

He had some good work. I liked his non-crossover fics the most, I think, and he seemed like a pretty cool guy. It's always tragic when anyone passes, especially someone who has contributed to the community like this. Especially when with a little more time, or a little more luck, he might not have.

3. yak

yak Moderator DLP Supporter Retired Staff

4. Heather_Sinclair

Heather_Sinclair Chief Warlock

I was following him over on TTH for the longest time.

Life's Ending, Life Beginning was one of my favorite Buffy/SG1 stories. It moved at a glacial pace, but it was more realistic in terms of "Oh you're a Slayer? We know all about those. Have a complimentary position on SG1," dreck that fills the fandom.

It made me think becauseitswrong was in the Air Force at one time with how realistically its portrayed. Or at the very least he did his research enough to fool someone that doesn't have a military background.

And it was left at a massive cliffhanger, just as he was getting back to the story again. Still, it was well worth the read.

:(

5. Zel

Zel High Inquisitor

High Score:
    Damn, I've been following Memories of Iron for a long time, we lost another good author. What a shame.

6. Sorrows

Sorrows Queen of the Flamingos Moderator

I remember that fic, it really did smack of authenticity. I am sorry to hear he is gone, I enjoyed the hell out o a load of his fics back in the day.

... Damn Twisting The Hellmouth now there is a site I'd completely forgotten about.

7. yak

yak Moderator DLP Supporter Retired Staff

I remember strongly disliking that story, but he recently rewrote it from the beginning and I'm enjoying it a heck of a lot more.

It still has some rough corners with its character interactions and military fetishism, but the former in particular are much improved from what I can recall.

I read the last four chapters, which is where I left off last time, and have gone back to the beginning. I'm about halfway through now. I'm glad that I gave this story another chance.

And you're spot on about that almost literal cliffhanger. Argh!

Last edited: Sep 21, 2016
  8. Nemrut

Nemrut The Black Mage ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Rereading LELB, never knew it was from the same author as the Iron Man/Worm crossover, and yeah, it's a decent story.

It has its major flaws, of course, it does feel wank-y in a lot of places and some relationships that it crafts, like that between Jack and either Summers woman is way too fast.

Not the thread to discuss the story though. Sorry to hear he died.

9. Download

Download Auror ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Only just noticed this death announcement on TtHM and then found this thread.

Really tragic. I only just found becuzitswrong's stories a few months back. Shame they'll never be finished and as some have said, just after finishing a rewrite.