1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete Beautiful Poison by Random1337 - T - HP/PP

Discussion in 'Romance' started by Amerision, May 25, 2006.

1. Amerision

Amerision Galactic Sheep Emperor DLP Supporter

Title: Beautiful Poison
    Author: Random1337
    Rating: T
    Pairing: Harry/Pansy
    Chapters: 9
    Words: 26,960
    Updated: June 17, 2005
    Published: January 31, 2005

Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2243551/9/

Summary: A deal is struck between the Boy Who Lived and a member of the most untrusted house in Hogwarts... can anything good come of such an arrangement? HarryPansy. Complete.

Review: It's a well written romance between Harry and Pansy, kind of short though. I liked it

Checked by Minion, Nov. 18, 2012
    Checked By Sorrows: 03/08/2019

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2019
  2. doc_gerbil

doc_gerbil Sixth Year

it was good. nothing astounding or mindblowing. just your average romance. although hermione was a total bitch in this story.

3. ulkser

ulkser Groundskeeper

yes, a standard story but a good way to spend time.

4. Ryuu Ken

Ryuu Ken Second Year

I liked it. It was original in many aspects. It had a pairing that I haven't seen done much and the potion was a nice touch. Not bad at all for such a short romance fic.

5. Niffler Lord

Niffler Lord Headmaster

It was an pretty good fic. Well written and the pairing is one where Pansy is Pansy.

6. ECFE11

ECFE11 First Year

What !!!!! Random is writing HP Stuff ?
    Hehe... thats fun, he is still a legend

Got to read that

7. Fuegodefuerza

Fuegodefuerza Minister of Magic

*Bangs head violently on desk*

Morons need not apply

You bumped a three-month old topic...for that? What in hell possessed you to do that? You've been around for a while, too. What the fuck?

8. Niffler Lord

Niffler Lord Headmaster

Are you stupid or just retarded? If this was a meaningful post then I can understand but WTF is wrong with you.

You have been here long enough to know we don't like bumpers and you go do this. I get the feeling you want to feel the banstick as it does its thing.

9. ECFE11

ECFE11 First Year

Hmm.. I guess that is the reason not to start posting while drunk.. I’m So sorry. I didn't mean to revive this thread when it was that old, but you know gin goes in, mind and memory goes out.

What actually made me post is the fact that Random probably is in the top 4 know (see respected/famous/feared) posters of NGE fanfiction (Random’s best works are all Lemons). It surprised me a lot to see him doing HP at all.

That being said I can see why you refer to this:

Please note that Library threads are excluded, I know that I doesn’t mean that I’m allowed to necroposte, but please, when citing something at least make sure it applies.

regards

10. Fuegodefuerza

Fuegodefuerza Minister of Magic

Nope. Bumps in the Library threads are excluded from the general rule, but only if you give an honest, well-though-out opinion about the story, or notify us about an update and critique it.

Obviously, your post does not fall under either of those categories. That would be a waste of a post in any thread. If you had edited you post, and put some thoughts about the story in it, then we would have been fine with it. Sadly, you didn't do that.

11. ECFE11

ECFE11 First Year

Yes I get the point. I’m not exactly stupid, I was jut drunk.
    But now the nitpicking:

[qoute]
    Nope. Bumps in the Library threads are excluded from the general rule, but only if you give an honest, well-though-out opinion about the story, or notify us about an update and critique it.
    [/qoute]

That is not right according to:

[qoute]
    No more necroposting. As I said, only post in an old thread if you have something damn good to say. Library threads are excluded from this, as we want your opinion. This doesn't mean you may post "they updated!".
    [/qoute]

Library threads are excluded from the rule, no questions asked, if you want it different, then at least rephrase the rule so you got it covered. In its present form it doesn’t apply to library posts even if they doesn’t have a "well-though-out opinion about the story". That being said the second part of the rule is still relevant. and I accept that.

Summed up: don’t start yelling about necroposting when the rule doesn’t apply. Yell about the lack of content in my message, that is relevant and is covered by the rule, and of cause I can understand and respect that.

/K.

(Post Scriptum).: I don’t have a problem with the rule, I was just drunk. What I have a problem with is someone trying to make a part of the rule apply to me when it doesn’t!

12. Dark Lord Rostam

Dark Lord Rostam Button La Famiglia Midknight

In that thing you call a closet. Better watch out,
    Actually, it does apply. Instead of you posting anything to do about the story, you posted
    That has nothing to do with the story. You bumped just to say, OMG he is writing, LIKE WOW!!!!oneoneone!!eleven!

If you were to post, I like the story because blah blah blah. Then it wouldn't have mattered.

13. ECFE11

ECFE11 First Year

Hmm.. just to make this simple:

Rule:
    No more necroposting. As I said, only post in an old thread if you have something damn good to say. Library threads are excluded from this, as we want your opinion. This doesn't mean you may post "they updated!".

Part that doesn’t apply, as said reply is within the library department:

No more necroposting. As I said, only post in an old thread if you have something damn good to say. Library threads are excluded from this, as we want your opinion.

Part that does apply:
    This doesn't mean you may post "they updated!".

Interpretation of rule:

Do not necropost, unless major points are being brought up ( No more necroposting. As I said, only post in an old thread if you have something damn good to say.). This doesn’t apply to posts in the Library (Library threads are excluded from this, as we want your opinion). Never the less please post relevant stuff. (This doesn't mean you may post "they updated!".)

Be careful what you post as rules, some people take them literally. And in that case everything but posting they updated would actually be okay.

As I stated before, the only reason I make such a fuzz about it is because of a dislike for correctness (being hit in the head with rules) when it doesn’t apply.

14. Dark Lord Rostam

Dark Lord Rostam Button La Famiglia Midknight

In that thing you call a closet. Better watch out,
    It's common sense. Don't bump a three month topic if you have nothing relevant to say. Yes, it is in the Library, but that only means you should say something about the story. You, did not.

15. doc_gerbil

doc_gerbil Sixth Year

FUCK. i started reading the linked chapter without knowing it was chapter 9 and i thought i had a whole story ahead of me. DAMNIT. now i cant go back and read the rest either. fuck.

16. Richard

Richard Supreme Mugwump

Another good story, liked this one too!

17. darklordmike

darklordmike Headmaster

This was decent for a quickie romance story. The characterizations are solid but dull, and the writing is mostly good (save for the author's annoying habit of misspelling Hermione's name).

I kept waiting for something exciting to happen, but it never really did. The story is basically about Harry realizing things are not always what they seem -- with respect to both his reputation in the school and the complexity of people like Pansy. It's not a story I'd ever want to read again. But I guess Harry and Pansy's relationship was developed slowly and plausibly enough...

3/5

18. Dr. Strange Lulz

Dr. Strange Lulz Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Well the fact that it starts on chapter 9 is annoying, started reading it thinking it was the first chapter. And now I'm stuck knowing the ending before I've read the story.

19. Nemrut

Nemrut The Black Mage ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I liked it, it wasn't spectacular but it was a decent read. It addressed the stereotypical characterization of the houses and I actually liked Pansy. Ron at the end was a nice touch, that he was the first to "accept" her or at least say that in order to no cause a scene there.

In other stories he would have started shouting like a moron while the other Gryffindors nod and yell "outrageous!".

For me it is a good 3/5

20. Vesvius

Vesvius High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

I really liked this story. It's one of the only ones that I'll go back and read a second time, because I liked it that much. It's hard to find good Harry/Pansy.

4/5