Best stories published in 2017

Discussion in 'FanFic Discussion' started by Stan, Jan 2, 2018.

1. Stan

Stan Order Member

I haven't read too much of the stuff published in the last year, but from what I have --

The Fields of Summer is an very good Snape-centric afterlife story. Snape has to make peace with all those he had unresolved feelings for -- Dumbledore, James, Lily, Harry. The Snape-Lily conversation is fantastic.

pick it up, pick it all up and start again is a worthy sequel to The Changeling. One of the few stories that does post-war rebuilding and PTSD without it being trite. There's another sequel up, which I haven't read yet.

A Question of When would be well known, since it was written by a DLP author. A well executed twisted romance, without being too creepy.

Smoke and Mirrors is a very good story about gender fluidity, barely functional relationships and unconventional relationship dynamics. Features Sirius, Remus, Tonks and Ginny in various combinations. I loved Tonks and Remus in this -- infact, this is my favorite Tonks ever. It adds so much depth to the Remus-Tonks relationship, with all the implicit dysfunctionality of their canon relationship, and then some.

Relationship Counselling - Grindelwald wants to win Dumbledore's heart back, and keeps asking a captive Graves for love advice. Hilarious crack fic.

Heading Straight for the Castle- A rather enchantingly written Fairy Tale AU.

Which, in your opinion, are the best stories published in 2017?

2. ScottPress

ScottPress The Horny Sovereign Prestige

High Score:
  3. BTT

BTT Order Member