1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Betrayed by All, A New Life by Kyrissean Angelis - M

Discussion in 'Trash Bin' started by Galleon, Feb 12, 2006.

1. Galleon

Galleon DA Member

Title:Betrayed by All, A New Life
    Author: Kyrissean Angelis
    Rating: M
    Categories: General/Action/Adventure
    Pairings: Harry/Many(Supposedly HP/NT later on)
    Summary: After the events of GoF Fudge manages to get Harry thrown in Azkaban, All his friends except Albus and Remus betray him sending him to a hell on earth. After being proven innocent Harry trains himself hard and defeats Voldemort. What happens now?
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3607182/1/ (the new REWRITE)

My Summary: I had a lot of trouble deciding where to put this story because it fits under so many categories that in the end I just decided to stick it here.

Basically what happens is that Harry was thrown into Azkaban and is later released when they discover he is innocent. He "trains himself hard and defeats Voldemort", later deciding to leave to live in another universe.

Once there, he discovers his parents are still alive and he is in a childs body. Five years later, he attends Hogwarts. Neville is the boy-who-lived, and is best friends with Hermione and Ron.

The story only has a couple of chapters, but it's already at 21,761 words. It was really well written in my opinion, and had me laughing practically all through out the 2nd Chapter.

2. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

For some reason I'm craving time travel stories so I'll give this a shot. I dont like how he's returned to being a child though, that annoys me somewhat.

3. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

No updates in 3+ months and only two chapters might deter me from trying this out.

4. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Two chapters only... fuck that. Ill read it if it updates.

5. Mrriddler

Mrriddler High Inquisitor

Somewhere high, somewhere low and somewhere in bet
    Seemed a lot like silveraegis's "a new life" but somewhat better. No excessive Harry-Lily stuff and no Ginny.

6. Phoenix

Phoenix Guest

Hmm. It is more a collection of cliches x)

But we love 'em xP

I've just made an observation: 'Well written' is rather an overstatement by many of the people who post on these forums. 0-o I would say that Batsutousai and Lightning On The Wave's fics were practically the only fiction I would describe as 'well-written' but, hey, that's just me...

Also I have a weird feeling that very few people agree with me on that :lol: -laughs nervously- Die Ginny? -grins weakly- :p

- Phoenix

7. nonjon

nonjon Alumni Retired Staff

"Well-written as compared to all the other crap out there" just takes too long to say.

If there's only two authors out there you call well-written (and both slash ones a great many board members here won't ever read) perhaps it's your standards set too high?

8. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

LMAO...yeah. Being slash is an automatic disqualification from the 'well-written' category in these eyes.

9. Akalon

Akalon Second Year

Columbus, Ohio USA on weekends, weekdays The Void.
    I agree with Serapheth. Slash = crap. Now if it's got Harry with a chick and it's a slash with 2 chicks then it's alright. Give me HLA anytime but no guy/guy crap.

10. Akalon

Akalon Second Year

First 2 chapters are great. I went ahead and put it up on my updates list just in case it ever does update.

Though if it doesn't I wonder if anyone on DLP could try and take it up.

11. Dubrichius

Dubrichius Groundskeeper

I couldn't even get a quarter of the way through the first chapter without having the overwhelming desire to lobotomize myself with ice-cream scoop. It was filled with so many clichés, it was just one on top of another. My left eye is actually twitching uncontrollably because of the damn thing. This story belongs in the 'Awesomely bad' thread.

12. Akalon

Akalon Second Year

Well I must say everyone deserves their own opione, though I must disagree with you DJK.

13. sephiroththebrokenangel

sephiroththebrokenangel Fourth Year

Super Powers

Im sorry Akalon but I have to go with DJK on this one, my eye still hurts from all of the twitching, I tried to read and I got about 3 paragraphs in before I wanted to puke from all of the superpowers. First you have the one where he got all of the info from Voldemorts mind, then he trained himself, then Sirius and Remus trained him, then Albus trained him in ancient magic, then he learned all of Salazar Slytherins knowledge, then he got all of the Flamels knowlege...you see where im going with this? The absolute saddest part about all of it is that I think im leaving out something from this

14. Galleon

Galleon DA Member

I will agree that he learned too much too soon after Azkaban, but it wasn't THAT bad. First, the knowledge that he obtained from Voldemort gave him Salazar's, so technically all of that was Voldemorts. The author just went into greater detail about it... Second, Sirius and Remus didn't really teach him anything related to fighting, it was all pranking. However, Kyrissean Angelis certainly could have done without Dumbledore and the Flamel's knowlege. When I read the story I just skimmed the beginning until I got to the part where Harry's in the alternate universe because that's where it really picks up in my opinion.

15. Akalon

Akalon Second Year

Exactly. The first chapter sucks, but the second one is where it starts to pick up. You should never judge a story by it's first 3 chapters otherwise more often then not you can miss out on a good fic once the author gets in gear. That's why I almost always read the first 5 chapters and if it still sucks by the sixth chapter I'm not gonna read it.

16. sephiroththebrokenangel

sephiroththebrokenangel Fourth Year

Superpowers

Alright if you guys insist that it gets better then I'll try and read more.

17. parselmaster

parselmaster Sixth Year DLP Supporter

As stated before, to many cliches, but I've delt with much much worse than just these ones so I'm fine, It does start to get better the further on it goes, but it is such a minute amount it is barely noticeable. I just hope not to much more crap is placed into it. The suped-up wand made me retch. Ah well, Maybe it'll make up for it in the next few chapters.

18. Kyrissean

Kyrissean First Year

Not sure if this counts as necroposting, but I have a few updates for this story.

Firstly, the REWRITE of this fiction may now be found here: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3607182/1/Betrayed_by_All_a_New_Life

Your current link is NOT valid, it will appear as "Story ID not found."

Secondly, all the grammatical and spelling mistakes have been removed. Don't quote me on that, though, I sometimes miss them when I rewrite different parts of the story, chopping and changing. In my mind it is still "right." Any errors pointed out shall be immediately fixed.

Plot has undergone a MASSIVE overhaul. You'll easily notice that some of the cliches are still there, glaring you in the face, but people seem to like them, so they remained. After the first chapter things simmer down considerably, I tried to think more logically rather than lumping in every single idea my previously 14 year old brain could come up with.

It's not "Oh, I'll just toddle off to this universe now" and then BAM! Hogwarts. The next chapter I'm working on has considerable character development and relationship building, I plan to build a fairly steady base and get everyone acquainted with "my" universe before we go onto the schooling arc.

This is still predominantly a humour fic..... however! I've decided that, rather than Hero!Harry, we'll see more of a Anti!Hero. He doesn't fight for world safety, he fights to attain his own goals, which I explain very OBVIOUSLY in chapter 3, despite my having gotten 3 or 4 PM's asking what Harry's trying to achieve in this new life of his.

Ignore my use of "Lilly" in chapter two - three if you don't count the prologue - it's a stupid fault of mine that, when not actively thinking about it, I type her name with a double "L". I will soon fix this and reupload the chapter. My current work in chapter three is devoid of any such stupidity.

Beware, chapters are smaller, however we see a resurgance in my previous length with chapter three. Now that I'm getting back into the flow of things, it's coming easily.

I said that I ended the chapters with 2 - 3 thousand words because "it made sense", I must confess that it was to stop me from throwing in some idiotic cliche that my mind just adds in to sabotage me. Enjoy and give me thoughts on the new version, FFN is more than lacking in what one would dub "proper" reviews.

Hardcore flaming is encouraged aslong as you're both cynical and witty - something most of you seem to qualify for, luckily enough.

19. The Fine Balance

The Fine Balance Headmaster

Remove the

Code:
    ‘Thoughts’

“Speech”

Yes, yes....Dumbledore would have no idea whatsoever.

Is there any purpose to this? Besides it being a convenient way that Harry can 'learn' magic (which, of course, he will now learn at a prodigious rate because Prison doubled his IQ.

Mah~ I don't object to cliches, but how the author approaches them. I guess I'm probably judging you a bit to harshly, but since I don't have as much free time as I once did my expectations have increased. And especially since this is a re-write.

So, 2/5. Not Library worthy.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2007
  20. Kyrissean

Kyrissean First Year

*Rolls Eyes* I warned you, first chapter is full of crap still. It's just there for back story and shoving Harry full of power and shit so that he can fuck with the universe I send him to.

I ALWAYS forget my frigging disclaimer! Finally wrote one in.

The orignal wasn't even worth mentioning, lol. Go read that if you dare.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2007