1. Hey Guest, welcome back to DLP

As you can see, we've changed our look. We've migrated from vBulletin to the Xenforo forum system. There may be issues or missing functionality, if you find anything or have feedback, please check out the new Xenforo Migration Feedback forum.

Our dark ("Dark Lord Potter") theme is under heavy development. We also have a light ("Light Lord Potter") theme for those happier with a light background and darker text.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest! Are you any good at cooking? Got a favourite recipe that you love to cook or bring out to impress that special someone? Why not share it! A new forum called The Burrow has opened and it's all about homemaking!

Bioware's Anthem

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Arthellion, Jun 28, 2017.

1. Arthellion

Arthellion Groundskeeper

High Score:
    Anthem Website

So...um...is this just a rip off of Bungie's Destiny with RPG elements? Why depart from mass effect? Why go new IP?

Wtf Bioware. What happened to deep and engaging story telling? I'm so confused right now.

*sigh*

Probably one of the first bioware games I won't be buying period.

Other thoughts?

2. Agayek

Agayek Dark Lord

Anthem had the best showing from E3 this year, so I'm definitely interested. On the surface, it looks like the best parts of ME:Andromeda smashed into Destiny, and I'm certainly intrigued by the idea, as I'm a fan of both games.

It certainly can't be any worse than the last ~5 years of Bioware games at least, so it's got that going for it.

3. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'm no game developer, but I think Bioware's thought process is relatively easy to follow.

I see it like this: DA:I was a massive and costly project that drew a huge amount of Bioware's attention during a significant portion of ME:A's development, and ME:A suffered for it. The end product was an average game with an average story, and absolutely shit multiplayer. And the sales reflect that.

Due to ME:A's underwhelming sales, Bioware is likely now a tad short on cash. They saw how commercially successful Destiny was and thought, "Well bros... we need money to ensure DA:4 will be another GoTY success. Lightbulb! Let's copycat Destiny, but make it even prettier!"

So in the midst of Bioware pivoting all their best writers and concept people over to the DA:4 teams (which is all but publicly confirmed to be in creative development), they put the ME technical teams to work to make a game that is purely about graphics, gameplay, and co-op.

4. Anarchy

Anarchy Prisoner DLP Supporter

It does seem super generic to me... but some times, that's all I want. Bare bones, no gimmicks, just gameplay. So I guess I'm actually cautiously optimistic.

5. Arthellion

Arthellion Groundskeeper

High Score:
    DId more research.

I'm a bit less pessimistic.

Drew Karpshyn is the lead writer for this one. Love his books and stories.

Linkies info

6. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Second Year

I think it looks pretty promising as a new IP.

Games like Destiny and The Division showed that there is a demand for these loot-based shooters in my opinion. I just hope there is a semblance of a story to go along with the game.

7. Arthellion

Arthellion Groundskeeper

High Score:
    Bioware Montreal is officially merged with Motive Studios