1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WIP Birth of the Forest - by karldin - T - Naruto

Discussion in 'Trash Bin' started by Myrrdin Emrys, May 3, 2016.

1. Myrrdin Emrys

Myrrdin Emrys Disappeared

High Score:
    Title: Birth of the Forest by karldin
    Author: karldin
    Rating: T
    Genre: Adventure
    Pairing: Naruto/Mito
    Fandom: Naruto
    Link: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9024038/1/Birth-of-the-Forest

Summary: The Yondaime Hokage unknowingly makes a change during the sealing, the consequences of which are unimaginable for both Naruto and Konoha. What do these consequences mean for Naruto?

Let's start off with talking about what the story revolves around.

Basically, what happens is that when Minato tries to seal the Kyuubi in Naruto, the seal awakens a personality within him- another's soul in another's body, you can say. It just so happens that the soul in question that bonded with Naruto is Hashirama Senju's soul. Shit hits the fan right there.

Even though Naruto seems over-powered in the beginning, it balances out as, no character is over-powered as long as there are other characters that are his/her equal, and you'll get many powerful characters later on.

The story has, admittedly, a rocky start, but later on, it unwraps to reveal a story what I believe good enough to be read and reviewed.

The pairing may turn some off, but it is necessary for the readers to understand that this is Hashirama-in-Naruto we're talking about, and no man forgets their wife and vice-versa.

I'm not gonna spoil much, but I'm still going to let you know that the scales of power will never be the same, and karldin, for me atleast, knows how to write decent-to-good fight scenes, that when you read, you read battles on a different league all-together.

You may not like the style at first, but it got better for me around- say, chapter 5 or so.

The story is not filled with horrible tropes i.e. it actually portrays a believable Council and Sasuke, so the author gets props for that. His characterization of Nagato, Itachi and Tobi are wonderful, so even more points for him.

If you want to find out more, please read it.

Last edited: May 4, 2016
  2. inshooteki

inshooteki Squib

The writing is rough. The only way I can describe it is harsh to read. If you've ever read fan translated Light Novels, this will be very familiar.

I'm only on chapter 17, but so far the power creep is fucking ridiculous. Naruto smacks around armies and kages pretty early on and apparently still hasn't bothered to unleash his full power ( some sage thing ) on the strongest characters in the manga. Plus, because of sensory powers he also basically has a ninja power scanner, ala dbz.

The plot is kind of interesting, but because of the massive power levels the scale of everything is wonky. Everything that happens has to be big or else it'll be boring, but when you have so much big stuff happening, the story stops being a story and turns into a history textbook. All the characters are just names doing stuff if that makes sense.

2/5

3. Catman

Catman DA Member

I'm going to give this a 1/5. This isn't to say that there isn't an redeeming qualities, that you shouldn't enjoy it if you can. There are some stories that I truly think are exceptional that others have nothing but criticism for. But I don't think I've personally tried to read a story with that kind of word count and that much grammatical error in the first chapter. If the other can't be bothered with basic punctuation like periods at the end of sentences or capitalizing proper nouns, I'm definitely not going to spend my time reading it,

4. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

The writing in Chapter 1 made my head hurt. I didn't continue to Chapter 2, and therefore won't rate unless I go back to it and read more.

It needs a lot of beta work to get the issues ironed out. Maybe if that happened it'd be engaging and original, but as it is I've no plans to force my way through that prose.