1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Black Ascension by omnis potens - M

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by Zevrillion, Nov 12, 2005.

Not open for further replies.
  1. Myst

Myst Headmaster

Better then him Ritualing his way into muscles.

2. DarthBill

DarthBill The Chosen One

Well...he's doing that too. But I thing I prefer that to exercise. Maybe I just don't like picturing Harry as a muggle.

3. CGB

CGB Auror

Now he got his muscles from his animagus transformation. It's an easy way out but I don't mind it too much. I liked Dobby the pincher though.

4. Lord Necros

Lord Necros Slug Club Member

now whn is winky taking it
    we should have winky the cat

5. Rain

Rain Pirate Navigator of the 7 Seas

I thought this recent chapter was one of thier better ones. Long, not a lot of grammar errors as far as I could tell, and most of all; It was interesting! I can sort of understand why they took all the time to describe Black Alley, now. The author doesn't have to "explain as they go", which I don't think is something this author is talented in, taking in account other chapters... meh, or I could just be full of hot air. *shrugs* It was enjoyable to read, that's about all I'm sure of.

Anyway, the meeting between Seraph/Harry and the "enlightened" Order members was the highlight of the chapter, in my opinion. The drama of those situations is entertaining. :D Plus we get a little insight into who this "Guild" will be made of...

6. Patrik f

Patrik f Guest

great new chapter, I love Neville in this story, how he isent as shy and insecure and wont blindly follow anyone but also hides the fact that he has become the head of his family from dumbledore until he really needs it...

7. MysterioX

MysterioX Professor

Only the grim and the guild part is original the rest of the story is very much common. I don't like the new chapter at all

8. Myst

Myst Headmaster

I enjoyed that chapter actually.

He is really not a bad author, I wouldnt rank him up there with jbern or Master Slytherin, but hes better then a great number of the authors on ff.net

Also Neville seems to be more realistic in this one... and I have never seen an Animagus House Elf before.

9. MysterioX

MysterioX Professor

The author is waay better than most on ff.net I agree.
    The animagi house elf was indeed a first but not really necessary. I like the story just not this chapter

10. sirius009

sirius009 Minister of Magic

the author has definetly picked it up the last couple of chapters, almost, neville remus tonks GINNY and F&G are all part of this secret guild (or so it looks) just way too cliche..

11. DarthBill

DarthBill The Chosen One

Somethings are cliche because they make sense.

The author is one of the better ones on ff.net, but I'd definately class him lower than JBern and Master Slytherin.

This chapter was better than the last; Dobby becoming an animagus was excellent. That it came within two days of the last chapter just makes it better.

12. Rain

Er... Ginny wasn't apart of the guild thing, was she? I thought she was only upset because Dumbledore didn't succeed at making Harry her "love slave" and blames him and Ron&Hermione for getting him killed.

I might be mistaken, though, too tired to think clearly at the moment...

Last edited: May 21, 2006
  13. Patrik f

Patrik f Guest

From what I understand so is Ginny just upset that she dident get her Harry-doll to play with not because harry is dead :)

14. CGB

CGB Auror

Yes. That is what I understand, too. The new chapter is about the conversation between Harry and the Malfoys. It's interesting although not as good as the last, I think.

15. Rain

Am I the only one not able to access that chapter? I can't even get into the previous. *glares* Kami, FF.net hates me!!

16. Lord Osiris

Lord Osiris Auror

Well i think i have come to like this fic dispite the fact that if you add in some Elves and Vampires you'd pretty much have exactly what Miranda has. I like that he seems to be writing scenes as they should be but i don't like how he has made...What ever his new name is an animagus in like a fucking day or 2, then comes the muscles and the excellent vision, fuck after discribing all the workout equipment he has gone and made it usless...but i still enjoy it the fic, guilty as charged or some such.

17. Hpsleuth11

Hpsleuth11 Guest

Ehh I'm not liking it too much anymore, the plot is beginning to get very cliche which i would'nt mind as much if it wasn't for the draco/harry alliance and the inclusion of neville. I see a 'new' gang forming and i despise that. When Harry forms cohorts of sort.

18. Rain

Alright, didn't mind the recent chapter. Not as good as the previous, but enjoyable nevertheless. I think it will be funny to see Draco's reaction when he finds out just who Seraph was...

Er.. Hpsleuth11, why do you have LT2000's signature?

19. sirius009

sirius009 Minister of Magic

I'm not saying that the author is bad, he is actually quite talented but neville doesn't make sense for the guild either does f&g or ginny. what use is a talentless but loyal friend, two jokeshop owners, and a slutty stalker? that and good guy draco makes me want to puke, along with the instant muscles. Besides that i do like the fic.

20. cu_cullen9

cu_cullen9 Second Year

Yeah, the instant lets be freinds with draco shit is annoying.i'm mean after 5 years of his crap you'd accpet that the racist shit would change during a weekend? i could pretend, just to gut him like a fish later after i showed him pictures of me fucking his mom.

Not open for further replies.