1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Black Ascension by omnis potens - M

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by Zevrillion, Nov 12, 2005.

Not open for further replies.
  1. Dragon Watcher

Dragon Watcher Third Year

Me being a bit technical but, trunks and grims aren't japanese. Next I like stories with katanas but they don't have to go all Japanese just to throw a sword in the story but, to each there own.

2. Lord Apophis

Lord Apophis Professor

Once I read that somekind of time travel would be used so did I stop reading this. This has gone way downhill ever since he begun to gather all his school friends to train them.

It would have been much better if he would have stayed away from all students and get older people to join him. Also the entire thing about the dreams were he gets a massive amount of magical gifts and abilities should be removed.

3. madeyemoody

madeyemoody High Inquisitor

Super vampire harry drank dragons blood and is da shit with
    powez !!!!!!!!11one11!!!!!!!! so shitty, so utterly shitty....it's painful.

I had hopes of a comeback but now I'm gonna remove this from my list.

4. Fuegodefuerza

Fuegodefuerza Minister of Magic

If madeye can honestly say that this story sucks, seeing as he is the one who finds and reads about 3/4 of the "awesomely bad thread" then you know that it must be bad.

For the record...it's that bad. I stopped around Ch. 10 because my eyes were staining the carpet red. Pity.

5. madeyemoody

japanese shit and powers coming out the wazoo and super powerful goodness just drags the story down. Hell, Harry/dumbledore was more interesting........not:eek:

6. rj_stone2

rj_stone2 Seventh Year

The annoying thing is that the same author has a very promising story Silver Eclipse that he's been neglecting in order to write this one.

7. Kalen_Darkmoon

Kalen_Darkmoon First Year

I don't know why so many people here seem to dislike it. I find it quite enjoyable. But then I find myself liking any story where Harry grows up and kicks Dumbledore where it hurts for the years of abuse he was forced to endure under the Dursley's thanks to Dumbledore.

If I were Harry, I'd tell the wizarding world to go screw themselves and not help them with Voldemort until they've endured at least 10 years of Hell under Voldemort as payment for when Harry was forced to endure under the Dursleys before Hogwarts. Besides, I never quite understood how Dumbledore could be considered wise and/or "good" if he was willing to force the future savior of the wizarding world to grow up in a loveless environment with similar conditions that shaped Tom Riddle into the hateful monster that he is. I'd almost say that Tom Riddle had it easier than Harry. Personally I see Dumbledore as little better than Voldemort and consider the so-called "good guys" evil as well. They seem awfully willing and able to sacrifice someone else for their ends just as much as Voldemort.

But then I'm probably biased, having also been forced to grow up in a loveless and abusive environment. As a result, I tend to be far less forgiving, ESPECIALLY of those who have the power to stop the abuse but choose not to for whatever reason. There is NO excuse to allow known physical, mental, emotional and/or sexual abuse of defenseless children. Harry was put through at least two or three of those four with the full knowledge of Dumbledore. Too hell with blood protections. What kind of life is it to live if you are reviled and punished for even existing? We put down animals that are in pain because it is "humane" but yet won't stop the torture of a child by removing him/her from the abusive environment? Hell, he let Harry be tortured by Umbridge and that damned blood quill. What does that say for the so called "good guys" when they seem so willing to sacrifice a child to cover their own arses?

If Dumbledore is the best that the "light" side has to offer then Harry should let them all rot.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2006
  8. Dragon Watcher

Dragon Watcher Third Year

Whoa... You forgot that Harry had to return during the summer, so it' s more like he was there for eleven years if you add together the summer months.

9. madeyemoody

see my post here: http://forums.darklordpotter.net/showthread.php?p=63776#post63776

10. Kalen_Darkmoon

Kalen_Darkmoon First Year

Heheh... that was my "generous" side trying to kick in. While his hell was continued during the summers, at least they locked him in a bedroom as opposed to a cupboard. Although the effective slave conditions he still had to endure would force me to have to agree with you. :p

11. rjg-potterblack

rjg-potterblack Muggle

I have to admit that I was interested with certain aspects of this story. I was waiting for the altercation in the protagonist true form and what would happen later on at Hogwarts. Have to say I was disappointed that it did not progress further regardless of the story cliches.

12. Mathias

Mathias Squib

wow... you just necro'd a thread from 4 and a half years ago... just wow...

13. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

While, yes, that is surprising and awe inspiringly idiotic, at least it had content. Don't minimod, douchebag.

Not open for further replies.