1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Bleach Fics

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by Siflet, Sep 8, 2012.

1. Siflet

Siflet Third Year

So I've been searching FFN for decent bleach fics and I've come to the point where I'm giving up searching on my own.

Does any one have any good bleach fics they can recommend? I don't mean good by bleach fic standards but by DLP standards.

It's kind of depressing how the bleach fandom is worse than the naruto fandom in terms of fic quality.

2. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
  3. Quick Ben

Quick Ben In ur docs, stealin ur werds.

Hammered down is THE BEST bleach fic around. You can' t go wrong with it.

Then check out Nuhuh's Retsu's folly

They both meet DLP standards.

4. Knyght

Knyght Alchemist

Here's all the Bleach fics I've read and enjoyed. I'll second the recommendation for Hammered Down, Hogyoku ex Machina and Retsu's Folly. It wouldn't be an exaggeration to call Hammered Down the best fic in the fandom.

a fish
    To stand back up every time life bowls you over; to be relentless and adaptive, unyielding in your conviction. Yachiru becomes a captain.

Brass
    Noun: bold self-confidence; cheek, nerve. (Tatsuki/Ikkaku friendship fic)

Undertow
    There's more than one way to be a teacher, and there's more than one way to love. KaienRukia, KaienMiyako. Very, very preKarakura.

To really touch the sky
    Shatter, Kyouka Suigetsu.

Deathsong
    Post-series. An accident has unexpected ramifications, and Ichigo suddenly faces a new life and a new threat in Soul Society. Living is never as simple as it seems. IchiRuki, complete.

By The Sword
    The Eleventh Division’s 20 rules of living and dying like a thug.

The Idiot's Guide to Rescue Situations
    Renji's had better days. IRR, AU.

Old Soldiers
    Urahara joins some old friends for a longstanding tradition. Post Soul Society arc, preArrancar.

Snapdragon
    One Shot. Ichigo once lived in a world of black and white. Where good was good and bad was bad. But then came the Shinigami.

Hell Butterfly
    When Aizen rips Ichigo's family apart, how much will he sacrifice to save them? The key to survival lies in the claws of his inner enemy, and for Karin the road to redemption is paved with butterfly wings. When does the line between plus and minus break? Whose turn is it to be king?

Downfall
    In an alternate universe, three traitors have set into motion a plot that will shake the world to its core. Captain Sosuke Aizen and the Thirteen Court Guard Squads stand against Hueco Mundo, awaiting an enemy with genocide as its goal.

Treading Icy Waters
    The board has been laid out. The pieces have been set and moved. The pawns are scattered across the floor, and Ichimaru's fingers are wrapped around a stark white bishop. "That's another check, little taichou." The game has only begun.

A Heaviness That's Gone
    Kurosaki Isshin watches his son live out his destiny with the help of a little shinigami girl. IchiRuki oneshot

Anabiosis
    Because not all reunions are easy. Ichigo and Rukia have a conversation, and broken edges are smoothed down again.

Weapons
    The Shinigami have duty. The Arrancar have Aizen. The Hollows have hunger. The Vaizard have revenge. But what does it take for a bunch of human children to fight?

The Closet
    Rukia snorts. 'We can't have a housewarming party in my closet. Who would fit in here with us? ' Orihime's voice goes quiet. 'Kurosaki kun could, if we tried.' Post HuecoMundo. RukiIchiHime Romance, friendship, humor. Now with crack sequel! Poor Ichigo.

Arrow's Target
    Two hundred years ago, the Quincy were destroyed by the Shinigami. Memories and lives in Soul Society are long, and many who were there two hundred years ago still remember it well. See author page for spoiler warnings!

Warborn
    War changes people. Kurosaki Ichigo and his comrades learn that particular lesson as the war around them goes on.

Stray Cat Strut
    Once upon a time, a boy who was met a cat that wasn't. Things sort of snowballed from there ... but hey, he's not complaining. AU cowritten with Griever

Frozen Sky
    Hitsugaya Toushiro is called a genius, the youngest Captain in Soul Society. What path did he walk to claim that title? See author page for spoiler warnings.

Facets
    A collection of short pieces, in a companion story to Frozen Sky. What are the thoughts of those watching Hitsugaya as he makes his rise to Captain? See author page for spoiler warnings.

5. Brukel

Brukel Groundskeeper DLP Supporter

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7471458/1/The-First-Guardian

One of the few genius! Ichigo stories I think. It's more a guilty pleasure than anything else but I've really enjoyed it. Zangetsu and Ichigo have an interesting if very different characterization from what they were in cannon.

6. Knyght

Knyght Alchemist

The really intelligent kind or the really talented kind? Because he's already the latter.

7. Brukel

More active and better informed from the start I suppose. The whole idea is that Isshin's got his notes from the academy lying around and Ichigo ends up finding them post Grand Fisher. He's smarter than usual, but I wouldn't say exceptionally so. He did rank third in class at one point didn't he?

It's really more the fact that he's had longer to be a Shinigami, or at least be one without the zanpakuto than he did in canon when Rukia shows up.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2012
  8. Quick Ben

Quick Ben In ur docs, stealin ur werds.

Heh, unlike Naruto, I have never actually thought about Ichigo beimg a genius. How does his genious change him in regards to being a shinigami?

9. Brukel

It's kinda hard to explain and it isn't too obvious aside from the fact that there are a couple of scenes where he's somewhat manipulative. That said saying it like that just makes him sound like a dick. He can do Kido from what I recall, I haven't read it in a while but kido's definitely there.
    Thinking about it genius is probably a bit too much. It's far more a for want of a nail with Ichigo finding out about Shinigami earlier than he did and Urahara being something of a mentor. Like I said, it's been a while so i'm a little hazy on details. Proactive, curious Ichigo maybe? it's worth giving it a go I think, based on the general quality of the fandom.

Grammar ect. is pretty good from what I recall.

My other recomendation would be this:
    http://z13.invisionfree.com/TFF_Archive/index.php?showtopic=15
    It's Fosfor so quality is pretty good, aside from the odd mixed up word ect and it's done rather well IMO. Doubt there will ever be more though. There's some more of Warborn on the site too I think.

10. kyoujouran

kyoujouran Squib

I haven't seen this mentioned yet so I'm not sure if anyone spotted it in the almost recommended section but I feel that Understanding is easily one of the best stories in the fandom. I will admit it's not for everyone and the reviews Andro and Mors gave in the link above do a far better job of describing it's pros and cons than I could.

Short Summary: Set during the Hueco Mundo Arc, a number of the Arrancar decide to rebel against Aizen.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2012
  11. Cyrogen

Cyrogen Second Year

The Protectors Temptation isn't too bad.
    Essentially it starts after Ichigo lost his powers and to survive a Hollow attack he has to accept another Zanpaktou spirit as his own.

12. Siflet

Siflet Third Year

Well... this has certainly given me something to read over the weekend.

Thanks for the quick replies and suggestions.

13. TMNTurtwig

TMNTurtwig Professor

Univited Guests by Moczo is hilariously awesome and Shattered Realms by MJLCoyoteStark is just plain awesome. Both are definite must reads in my opinion.

14. Darth Disaster

Darth Disaster The Waking Sith ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    What is it with Matsumoto and Hitsugaya? I mean, seriously, he's 4 feet tall. Sure, he's awesome, but he doesn't deserve someone like Matsumoto, not by far.

And yet, for some reason, the bleach fandom seems to love them together. I just... don't get it.

Can someone explain it to me?

Last edited: Sep 10, 2012
  15. Brukel

The fandom's full of Shotacon?

16. Knyght

Knyght Alchemist

Well, captain/lieutenant relationships are the ones that immediately stand out so it's unsurprising that there's a pairing between them. And the relationship between Hitsugaya and Matsumoto is one of the more developed ones and quite good. Hitsugaya's also a well liked character among such writers so they do believe that he deserves someone like Matsumoto.

I agree that the pairing doesn't work for me since he's physically a kid. It's a bit unfair to him since you could age his body and keep the exact same personality and there wouldn't be anything amiss. And you can't pair him with another kid (like the Hitsugaya/Karin pairing) since she's human, far less mature and would grow much faster.

The only person I could imagine him with his Hinamori, ignoring the whole mental trauma thing, who grew up with him and is far less woman than Matsumoto.

tl;dr They have a good dynamic in canon which serves as fuel for the romantics. Plus shotacons.

17. Mercenary

Mercenary Snake Eater

Dont expect updates though. Fosfor is notorious for disappearing for long periods of time with no communication. He also hates it if you ask. So for all we know it could be dead.

18. redshell

redshell Order Member

Hijacking this thread for my own purposes, since it is, in essence, a general search thread in the Bleach fandom.

I doubt anyone here shares my tastes, but for some reason I fucking love Ichigo and Sui-Feng as a pairing. Any recommendations with that particular pairing? If not, it's cool, I'll go back to trawling through the FFN listings with that setting and I guess come back with a recommendation of my own.

19. Knyght

Knyght Alchemist

The only one I've ever seen is Warborn which I recced before.

20. Richard

Richard Supreme Mugwump

Bleach Stories

Hello, I am looking for some really good Bleach stories that has Yamamoto as the main character (stories could also be changed to fit an even better Yamamoto/Aizen battle).

I am also looking for a story where Aizen didn't have his Dues Ex Machina (aka Wonderweiss).

Most of the Yamamoto stories I have found (using the filter) were not to my liking. I am hoping someone may have something.