1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Bleach Manga Thread

Discussion in 'Books and Anime Discussion' started by Garret P.I., Apr 20, 2008.

1. scaryisntit

scaryisntit Death Eater

Look like a few of you got your wish.

2. meatzman2

meatzman2 Backtraced

OH WTF? Yammy as the uber, most powerful Espada? SHIT'S FUCKING WEAK!

Halibel's nipple coverings while hot are also not appreciated. Thank god that we're getting back to the good fight's on earth though. That bullshit at the beginning with Ulqiorra finding a heart was ruddy poor as well.

Still this chapter leaves me looking forward to more.

3. Moloch

Moloch Groundskeeper

Look on the bright side; Yammy's gonna wipe the floor with Rukia, Renji and Chad. :>

4. Howdy

Howdy Dark Lord

Correctamundo!

5. Rehio

Rehio Bad Dragon ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Of course Yammy is the strongest. Why wouldn't he be? For fuck's sake.

Also: Go Hitsugaya, freeze it up.

6. Lord Osiris

Lord Osiris Auror

Fucking Yammy! Seriously "Who said the Espada numbers go from 1-10 blah blah blah" He got fucking wooped on Earth and constantly looked to Ulq for conformation on the plan of attack, on top of which getting wasted by Yoruichi and an arm removed...yet he's the baddest mother fucker around...NO! Shinnanigans!

I wonder if Stark will suddenly become -1 after he releases his sword? After all why stop at 0-9.

To the one that mentioned that the manga is getting tedious to continue pursuing, I have to agree. Though at least we're finally going to see the fights happening in the town, personally looking forward to the Old man cuttin' loose to crush skulls and take names.

7. Aakunen

Aakunen Second Year

Fuck you Kubo Tite, fuck you.

I never thought that I'd write that, bit with all the shit that is going on now, damn Air Gear makes more sense than Bleach.

Right now, I don't really look forward to the captain fights - I wonder what he will pull out of his ass to make them more 'interesting'.

At least Kekkaishi is getting better with each update and Nurarihyon no Mago seems to look interesting again. ^^

Last edited: Apr 18, 2009
  8. meatzman2

meatzman2 Backtraced

I just don't give a shit about any of them though, it's just another chance for Kubo to make us empathize with the younger characters. The captains represent the older, wiser generation (typical of most shonen manga) and we're all supposed to give a shit about the younger characters. Unfortunately, as with so many stories, the main Bleach cast has become so tediously drearisome and predictable that we're left relying on the secondary characters of whom the small glances of them we have seen show them to be seriously fucking cool.

I mean my avatar (apart from his fight with Sado) has been on approximately 30, maybe 40 pages, yet we know because of his takedown of Sado and his brief gearing up to fight Yama that he and the other old captains are seriously fucking badass and so I desperately await the maybe two or three chapters that will hopefully devoted to them laying some smackdown.

9. Howdy

Howdy Dark Lord

Kekkaishi, I've decided, is like Bleach without the epic fail. Probably my favorite shounen manga right now.

Going to reread it now I think to get the blargh that is Bleach out of my head.

10. meatzman2

meatzman2 Backtraced

250 chapters to read *SQUEEEE*, oho if I like this at least it will keep me entertained for a while.

11. Howdy

Howdy Dark Lord

I should warn you that it starts off incredibly slowly, though so does Bleach, I guess.

12. Psychotic Cat

Psychotic Cat Chief Warlock

New chapter and all I can say is FUCK YEAH!

Pure win and awesome.

The last two pages in particular are one of my favorite moments in the whole series now.

13. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

Halibel got fanserviced again. :D

14. MrMucus

MrMucus Groundskeeper

Please be dead Hitsugaya.

15. sincostan

sincostan High Inquisitor

No way. He's the most popular character evar. Besides, he actually noticed it, meaning he's not dead.

16. Lord Osiris

Lord Osiris Auror

My love has been rekindled for the Manga after this latest chapter.

Halibel for the win, to bad she's fighting Hitsugaya though after all we all know that he wont die.

17. meatzman2

meatzman2 Backtraced

This ^^

I would provide a link to a Halibel/Nel Doujin (it's hentai of course) but as it's NSFW, I'm not sure I'm allowed to link it outside of S&P.

What would make this scene of hawtness complete, is if Yoruichi came in from wherever the fuck she disappeared to in that skintight, backless black special forces uniform. That suit is :awesome.

Anywho back to the chapter, Barragan's axe = awesome, anyone else think so?

Ah of course what Soifon is true, the captain's all have their limiters on, dumb cunts. You'd have thought if they were going to be fighting the arrancar and possibly Aizen that they'd finally get serious. I'm also wondering where Ishin, Urahara and Yoruichi are doing, I realise they can't appear as there is a standing order to arrest/kill them but I assume they are doing something.

Did anyone else crack up at Hitsugaya's OH SHIT :eek: face in the last panel of page 15?

WOH HALIBEL! Damn I wrote the acknowledgement of Jon's comment before I even bothered readin the chapter, because moar Halibel fanservice is awesome. But dayum, just dayum hot womenz are hot.

Hitsugaya just got fucking owned. :headshot:Seriously though it looks like his zanpaktou got broken you can see what looks like part of it over his left shoulder in the panel.

Tl;Dr: Great new chapter, this is why I read Bleach, occasionally it is ridiculously awesome and those moments tend to be worth the wait.

[Edit] I just went and MSNd an old school friend who draws custom doujin in Japan these days, got a quote of 30,000 Yen for a request hentai of Ichigo/Halibel, that's only $300 US. No booze money for like 2 months but I would have hentai....

Last edited: Apr 25, 2009
  18. scaryisntit

scaryisntit Death Eater

Did you miss a page or something? The Captains are fighting at full strength. Reread it. Get it right before throwing out insults.

19. Psychotic Cat

Psychotic Cat Chief Warlock

It's good to see the younger captains getting slaughtered, but we haven't seen any of the older ones really letting loose yet.

I'm cheering for Unohana to be the one to fight Yammy, in the character books she's second in stats(Aizen/Yamamoto tie for first) and since Yamamoto calls Shunsui/Jushiro the first captains from his academy and Jushiro calls her senpai during pendulum it would seem likely she became a shinigami before Yamamoto founded his school.

Plus the soft spoken healer laying the beatdown on the raging giant just screams of awesome...

And as I just realized, if her shikai is that giant flying thing.... how big would her bankai be?

20. meatzman2

meatzman2 Backtraced

Heh Scary you're right, I wrote that before I finished the chapter off because it seemed to me that the captains weren't fighting at their highest ability. I do find your angry defense of the captains kind of amusing though. A point of interest though. If they're fighting seriously where's Soifon's bankai? She hasn't even released Suzumebachi (or whatever her little wasp/sword thingie is called) as far as I recall. She certainly doesn't seem to be going even close to all out yet. I think it's misdirection on her part.

Err PC I thought the giant flying thing was her bankai, but she didn't actually say bankai when she released it did she. Hmm if the bat thing is only her shikai then her bankai could be huuuuge.

[edit] Aakunen says her shikai has been released, I can't see it but that doesn't mean it's not there. Still Shunsui isn't getting his ass kicked yet!

Last edited: Apr 25, 2009