1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Blood Prince by Shade Dancer - M

Discussion in 'Trash Bin' started by Midknight, Jun 28, 2005.

1. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Title:Blood Prince
    Author: Shade Dancer
    Rating: M
    Genre: Various; Independent, darkish
    Pairing: Harry/Blaise but in a ight way, nothing romantic yet in the this one
    Summary: The Dursley's did what they always wanted to and got rid of Harry, but someone else found the boywholived and took him to raise as their own, Mafia King Manuel Darkov. Dumbledore won't be expecting this Harry.
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2138102/1/

-An extremely good AU story. One of the very few AU's I could care about one way or the other.
    _________

Sequel is being posted.

Title: Heir of Blood
    Rating: M
    Summary: Sequel to Blood Prince. Harry and Blaise are back for their second year at Hogwarts and things promise to be just as exciting as their first year. Too bad their Defense teacher is another incompetent loser…Mafia Harry!
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2205942/1/

- - - Edit 07 Jul 2005 by Zevrillion - - -
    Please read Posting Format - FanFiction Category before posting.

2. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

i started this one back before it had the sequel.. i think it got pulled before i finished it... never got around to finishing it when it was re-posted.. it is very spiffy though

3. Midknight

yeah it got pulled for some reason and got reposted.

Dancer has another story, where Harry met the Malfoys early on in life, and has been decieving everyone the whole time.

It's a stretch, but it could of been a great story.

Dancer ruined it by making Harry and Draco+Lucius nice cuddly brothers though +(

4. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

This is okay, but as far as I'm concerned, Water Mage's "Potter" is the only really good Mafia!Harry story around.

5. magyareagle

magyareagle Guest

6. SlytherinDamian

SlytherinDamian Raptured to Hell

I'm probably sounding like a broken record, but I think they both suck. Not just from a complete desecration of canon perspective, but it's not even vaguely realistic taken on its own merits. There is no mafia in Britain. When Harry gets adopted by a Yardie, IRA member, skinhead or some other slightly possible criminal stereotype that actually exists in the UK, I'll be interested. And Harry's always a 'badass with ethics' in these fics, which makes me feel ill. I fully admit though, I followed and dropped them both before they got to their conclusion, and I never finished them.

BTW, If this is considered trolling round here, let me know. I assume you guys are cooler than some forums I've been on, but I'm just checking. I get called on that a lot on uptight forums. I'm just prone to posting (and seeing) the negative in things, and I can imagine that ticks some off.

7. magyareagle

magyareagle Guest

Nah, no problem

Nah, your no troll. Each to his own opinion. Sure it's not realistic, but hey I don't think it is possible to write a realistic fic in the HP universe. I liked them, but you don't have to and I don't mind it. I think most people here would feel the same way.

8. Old Nuit

Old Nuit High Inquisitor

I don't see why someone would have a problem with people having their own opinion.

9. SlytherinDamian

I don't either, but *BAM!*, I get banned on a lot of forums. Some ppl can't handle the Damian. :(

10. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

They sound like the obsessed people that haves sads when you say "The sixth book sucked". I WEAL BANZ0R YOOOOU!

I dont really like Mafia Harry all that much. It just doesnt catch my attention but I have read those two stories. I also hate it when Harry strolls around Hogwarts with pistols. I dont mind guns being in Harry Potter stories, I think its quite a good idea really, but I hate it when he is a student that walks around with guns hidden in like every pocket imagined. It's good to be some gun-weilding dark wizard slayer post-Hogwarts not in Hogwarts.

11. True Story

True Story Third Year

How amny mafia persons do you actually know of or know for that matter, train in martial arts and sword fighting?

I know a few myself and that is not likely to happen, the three guys that I know in the yardies aren't even in shape.

12. Giovanni

Giovanni God of Scotch

I don't mind a Mafia!Harry with Ethics... But I insist on seeing him have a reason for developing these ethics through first hand experiance with a negative ethical force. If he just naturally has good ethics after being raised in a crime family... Well lets just say I am skeptical.

13. Midknight

aye, i'd be much happier if in mafia fics he's just an outright cold blooded bastard.

14. Giovanni

Giovanni God of Scotch

I don't really care for out and out cold-blooded Harry, but that is a by product of so many shitty authors trying it.

I hate to say it but old-blooded grey/dark Harry is in danger of becoming the new Harry/Ginny.

*waits to be stoned to death*

15. SlytherinDamian

I won't stone you, for once I totally agree. I used to like grey Harry, but then it just got crazy with the hypocrisy and poor writing in most cases. Very annoying.

16. magyareagle

magyareagle Guest

Too true

Too true. I say we try to keep the fics in this forum the quality fics. In fact, I am considering starting a C2 group on fanfiction.net for this same purpose. Anybody have any fic recomendations for it? Or interest in becoming part of the staff?

As a side note, whenever I find a good fanfic, even if it is not completed, I back it up to my hard disk and from there to a CD. Even if it is incomplete. Too many fanfics end up being removed and never found again. I did this after my favorite fanfic of all time: Resident Evil Innoculations, got removed by the author because of death threats in a couple of reviews. (I ended up getting a copy after emailing the author for it)
    Perhaps a website could be started, a permanent repository for the gems of the fanfic world.

17. Midknight

Re: Too true

Ravenclaw is in the process of coding our own fanfiction site to rival FF.net without the bullshit rules they often make up

18. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Really Migknight? That's the best thing i've heard all bloody day... no, more like the best thing i've heard all year! Woo, can't wait for that.

19. Old Nuit

Old Nuit High Inquisitor

Re: Too true

Yupp he mentioned it before how far is he?

20. Aener

Aener Guest

I'm going to have to say that they both are pretty bad. Blood Prince is ridiculously unrealistic with the kid Harry in Hogwarts with a gun, as someone mentioned earlier.

And the Potter story makes want to say "WTF?" the whole way through. What's the deal with the American gangster slang phrases? I mean, would a British person, gangster or not, say "I'll cut a b*tch..." in real life as Harry does? That sounds like downtown Baltimore African-American slang, which I know intimately. Not to mention that every third word out of Harry's mouth is an obscenity. It's too ridiculous for me to even get through the whole story.

I'm sorry if this is offensive to anyone. I've put a star in the cuss word so no one will get on my case about it; I'm sure you all know what that word is.