1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Bloodborne PS4

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Gengar, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Daedros

Daedros Seventh Year

If you power attack Rom while it tries to teleport, you can interrupt it and prevent it from entering its scond stage/spawning more spiders. You can use beast blood pellets combined with bolt paper or fire paper to do enough damage to one or two-cycle Rom and never really have to deal with the ungodly amount of spiders or the annoying magic attacks.

2. Fishy Justice

Fishy Justice Fourth Year

Been spending the past couple days trying to get the materials for the ailing chalice so I can finally get beast claw.

I love you Miyazaki, but sometimes I just want to punch you in the face.

3. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    The chalice dungeons aren't him. Strategy guide insight, lol.

4. Fishy Justice

Fishy Justice Fourth Year

I don't mind the chalice dungeons themselves (much). It just irks me whenever it takes longer than a few hours to get a weapon in a souls game. It feels sacrilegious somehow.

5. Exile

Exile High Inquisitor

Just picked up my first uncanny in the chalice dungeons. Saw blade. But it was only my second run of Pthumiae (fuck spelling) dungeon, so hell yes.

6. The Berkeley Hunt

The Berkeley Hunt Headmaster

Pthumeru. That ones actually pretty easy.

7. Samuel Black

Samuel Black Chief Warlock

Fucking chalice dungeons. I am this close to getting my platinum for this.

8. Gengar

High Score:
    Expansion announced, 'The Old Hunters', out Nov 24th.

I spied at least half a dozen new weapons too. Looks awesome.

9. TMNTurtwig

TMNTurtwig Professor

Shit yes. November is right around when I'm probably going to be finishing MGS too, so just in time.

10. Legacy

Legacy Death Eater DLP Supporter

I want me that giant two handed pickaxe thing. That and the giant circular saw hammer of doom.

11. Smore

Smore Third Year DLP Supporter

Amazing. I'm thoroughly looking forward to once more being unable to differentiate my waking hours from my nightmares.

12. Gengar

High Score:
    Hah! Apparently if you've gotten the platinum trophy (not sure if it's a limited time thing until the expansion comes out) From will be sending you a voucher for an exclusive PS4 theme.

By exclusive, they mean 'there's no other way to get your hands on this theme other than to master the game.'

That's awesome!

13. Smore

Smore Third Year DLP Supporter

That's pretty cool. I wonder if it'll be account bound, or console local. My gf has the platinum but I couldn't be bothered trawling the chalice dungeons.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2015
  14. TMNTurtwig

TMNTurtwig Professor

Playing my way through Old Hunters and, call me crazy, but I'm starting to think I shouldn't have attempted this at lvl 25 with a +3 Kirkhammer.

15. Gengar

High Score:
    You cray cray

16. TMNTurtwig

TMNTurtwig Professor

In my desire not to be overleveled I accidentally came in really underleveled. Luckily, the DLC has a lot of strong weapons and upgrade mats in it. I've since upgraded to a +7 Amygdala Claw, though my level is still pretty low. I've reached the first boss, who also happens to be the first enemy I can't really beat through pure fraud or run away from. I'm probably gonna go clear out Hemwick or Old Yarnam then come back.

17. Gengar

High Score:
    Gah, my save was parked at the beginning of NG+++...

I'm sure I'll manage with a lvl 225 character, lol. I'm really annoyed I didn't invest more than 25 in BT (and put 50 in end). Bow blade seems to scale off BT for ranged (obviously).

18. Tikigod784

Tikigod784 Second Year

I was gonna pick up the game of the year edition of this game before I found out that wasn't actually a thing. Ended up getting it for Christmas early though. Not really sure whether to go through the main game or the dlc first. My friend who is pretty big into this game told me whichever i chose first, I'd be overleveled for the second choice.

Kinda mad that it's so hard to get the scythe though, relatively speaking. Right now all I have for my skill build is is the cane.

19. Gengar

High Score:
    Get the blade of mercy, best skill wpn. Use beast roar as the spell with it, for interrupts.

20. Clerith

Clerith Ahegao Emperor ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    DLC in Bloodborne is rather hard, about on par and somewhat harder than the last areas of the main game. The bosses are also a big step up from the main game bosses. I've seen countless threads complaining about them. It's meant to be done late. Sure, if you have godlike skill, you can do it at level 4 naked with fists, but for your average player, level ~80 and +9 weapon is highly recommended, and expect to get stuck on a few bosses even then, if going blind and solo.

I just bought the DLC and started a new character a week ago, I just finished the main game up to the final boss and beat the first area of the DLC. Going in there with my low level character was suicide, but my higher level, slightly op character find it all right.

Yeah, scythe is at the end of the game, which is a shame. There are several great skill weapons, though. Cane is all right. Blades of Mercy (dual daggers) are very fast and cool. Saw Spear is plain but god tier in pve and pvp both, and obtained very early. Rakuyo from the DLC is also superb. Also, not sure if you already know, but skill massively increases your Visceral damage, so get good at gun parries!

Last edited: Dec 12, 2015