1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Book 15 (Minor Plot Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by fuubar, Jan 28, 2013.

1. Exile

Exile High Inquisitor

With the books main antagonist being Nic it makes me think JB will get Michael involved. And with the theft of a certain object being teased as the plot... who the fuck knows what kind of whacky shit that silly cup will be doing in Butcher's realm. Plus we can finally see Mab push Dresden in the complete and utter opposite direction of his moral compass for extended periods of time.

2. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    Eh. I'll probably be pretty unimpressed with Harry when he works with Nic in this fic.

3. LittleChicago

LittleChicago Headmaster DLP Supporter

But, isn't Michael's supernatural protection detail only active so long as he remains retired? Like, if he willingly jumps back into the game, are all bets off?

'Cause if so, and if he gets roped back in, I see it ending very badly for everyone involved. I see Michael dying, I see Charity and the rest of the family never forgiving Harry, I see Molly making his life a living Hell and sliding very far along the Human----Fae scale. And I see Harry going into a total rage/depression cycle.

4. digitalstorm

digitalstorm Seventh Year DLP Supporter

Molly blame Harry for Michael's death? Unless Harry was the one who struck the death blow I believe that she wouldn't blame Harry too much. She might avoid him for a while and be a bit angry at him for not being able to save her father but actively making his life a living hell? Does not compute especially as she loves him at the moment.

Charity and the rest? It's possible.

5. Zeelthor

Zeelthor Scissor Me Timbers

Doubt he'd pull Michael in for anything other than advice. No way he'd risk him.

6. Agayek

Agayek Dimensional Trunk DLP Supporter

Dresden would go out of his way to make sure Michael doesn't get involved. After the last time they tussled with the Denarians together, there's not the slightest chance in hell Dresden would even willingly let the man know the Nickelheads are back in town unless he had literally no other options.

7. digitalstorm

digitalstorm Seventh Year DLP Supporter

Pretty sure that Michael will be involved.

http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,36681.msg1825896.html#msg1825896

8. Zeelthor

Involved, sure, but he's not going to take him along on the actual heist. Maybe Michael will be in the mystical equivalent of "the van".

Molly could maintain the contact as she did in Bombshells.

9. Exile

Exile High Inquisitor

All I'm saying is Michael is in a wheel chair. If Harry snags the Holy Grail I'm going to the closest guy with an angel hook up that I trust. Last chapter the cripple slurps some water from that thing and is walking before the Russian shows up and takes it out of the narrative. Then when you do finally want to pull him off the bench (like the big final epic trilogy?) you can do it with out scrambling to get him walking.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2013
  10. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    Or a new wielder of Excalibur appears.

11. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Amoracchius is staying out of play until the Big Apocalyptic Trilogy, iirc.

12. Zeelthor

By that time Michael is going to be over sixty years old. I think Michael's fighting days are over. Though, as that short story said, that doesn't mean he isn't fighting the good fight. Just in a different way.