1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Braving Yoloqueue: How to win games

Discussion in 'League of Legends' started by Consumptus, Jul 6, 2013.

1. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

I'm pretty sure it isn't blocked. It isn't actually a projectile so I think it is counted in the same category as Cho Gath's W which goes through windwall.

2. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

It is a move which travels in a given direction, not striking all points instantly(just very quickly), so I think it would be. Don't know though, but all it would take is two people starting level one with the relevant abilities. Or level two, if you want to test the ball aspect of it, of course.

3. tragicmat1

tragicmat1 Death Eater

Responses:
    A) I don't even get why this is a problem. Unless you are overextended, you probably will not die. If necessary, your level 2 has windwall too, so it's not too difficult to escape the chain.

B) Yeah, LB can distortion past wind wall, which is why I said it's an even match up. If she didn't have that option, it'd be a Yasuo win hands down. Still, if the Yasuo can react fast enough, than it's entirely possible to windwall when he thinks the Q is coming. By blocking that, all of the sudden LB can't do her highest damage combo of Q>R>W/E. And Yasuo will outdamage her at that point, if they decide to fight.

C) If you are pushing lane as Yasuo, you should either be roaming or have both sides warded.

I do agree with what you said though that if you push the lane and have nothing else to do, you should just go back and buy. But there is no need to purposely push lane either, because if you meet anybody good, it's entirely possible they will just freeze the lane. If they do that, then you can miss a good wave of cs (or risk just farming while overextended).

4. Plagueis

Plagueis Squib

Windwall cd is way to high, lb can just bait you into using it and then you are pretty much done or you have to play passive till it's up again.

Lb burst is much higher than Yasuo, plus she has silence so once you get past windwall you automatically win and it's not hard to get past it at all.

If you push the creeps to the tower the lane will reset around the middle of the lane, freezing only works if the creeps are outside of tower range. That's why I said to push it to the tower so she won't be able to freeze and probably lose cs.

The whole point of this strat is to get vision mid early (Yasuo is weak against ganks) and an extra pot (so you don't get bullied out of lane). I am not saying to do this every time during the game but it is really good at the start of it.

5. tragicmat1

tragicmat1 Death Eater

Okay. If you want to assume the enemy LB won't counter push to control minion wave (thus slowing it down enough that it will be risky), then that's fine. Though, you should probably specify that it's a strat that works only against baddies.

Also, you have this whole preconception to "get past wind wall" when in reality I was thinking more along the lines of, Yasuo will use his windwall when he sees your spells coming. But, w/e. I don't really care anymore.

6. ElDee

ElDee Unspeakable

LeBlanc presses W-Q-E, you use Wind Wall, she presses W again to blink out of range so you can't retaliate.

You're now completely zoned for 26 seconds.

If you're brave/stupid enough to move in and last hit, LeBlanc is peppering you with Qs and autos. 15 seconds later, she presses W-(DFG)-Q-R-E-Ignite and kills you because Wind Wall is still on cooldown from the first time.

7. tragicmat1

tragicmat1 Death Eater

Or you know, Le Blanc presses W. As you see her Q coming, you use windwall to probably block both Q and E. Now you dash to her and chunk her down. Now LB is zoned until her cds come back.

Look, I'm not saying this is an easy match up for Yasuo or anything. But LB does NOT counter Yasuo, unless the Yasuo has no reaction speed.

8. Plagueis

Plagueis Squib

Lb has a real bad wave clear early levels that's why this strat works. Also getting past windwall is really easy you can just bait it out with a Q or an E and after that blow him up cause your cds are way lower, once he uses windwall he is done plus jungle pressure on Yasuo is much bigger than on lb.

In high elo brackets it's common knowledge that lb dumps on Yasuo.

Yasuo works well agains passive champs(pre 6) or weak in early like Kata, nida, kass, etc becaude you can bully them out of lane or straight up kill them.

PS: What I meant by getting past windwall is either W or just baiting it out, just clarifying that.