1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Breaking The Boundaries by Calatrava - M - Naruto

Discussion in 'Naruto' started by Knox, Nov 14, 2008.

1. Knox

Knox The Last Remnant DLP Supporter

At the crossroad where the demon lies. Waiting to
    Title: Breaking The Boundaries
    Author:Calatrava
    Rating: M
    Chapters: 20
    Words: 503,035
    Updated: August 12, 2011
    Summary: The Yondaime summoned the Shinigami but he didn't get what he expected. The sealing afterwards fundamentally changed the boy who learns to become a master of the blade, to fulfill his destiny as the Guardian of the Three Paths. Naruto AU with Bleach.

A Solid read, Good update rate, And pretty funny at times. 4/5 from me.

Checked by Minion, October 7, 2015

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2015
  2. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

<_<

What if you haven't read/watched Bleach? Does the author make the effort to explain things as you read on?

3. Knox

Knox The Last Remnant DLP Supporter

At the crossroad where the demon lies. Waiting to
    Eh, A little bit, But so far the Bleach world has been mentioned very little besides him learning Zanjutsu some Kido and Urahara.

4. Howdy

Howdy Dark Lord

Honestly you could read the Bleach manga and still not understand a damn thing that's happening aside from characters going at one another with swords.

5. Janus

Janus Groundskeeper

This is true, but what about the fic? Any good?

6. Chime

Chime Dark Lord

At times, I cringe. At other times, I'm drawn into the story.

Naruto starts off !emo (and young, six~). But a well characterized Danzou and Ne really kick the story off well. Bleach is injected ... fairly well into this. In-fact, I'd be willing to call this story the best Bleach crossover I've read (isn't saying much, I know).

The story is chock full of cliches (and spelling/grammar errors) though. Some original twists, but you might be turned off by the presence of Naruto talking to Kyuubi civilly, a female kyuubi calling him kit, Naruto getting all the girls to swoon for him (particuarly Hanabi, Hinata, and Anko). Did I mention that aside from being emotional insecure and having uncertain loyalties, Naruto is near perfect?

Still as of chapter 7, I say the story is above average. 3.5 or 4, it worth I read I think.

edit: It gets better after 7, but I had to X it half way through 13. Eeuck. Naruto is just too naieve.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2008
  7. Janus

Janus Groundskeeper

I actually like the kit thing (PUT THE GOD DAMN FRUIT DOWN) when its well done in a fic. Unfortunately, like in this fic, it rarely is. I could buy the Kyuubi "adopting" Naruto out of the sheer fact that it really doesn't have anything better to do. I could even buy it being torn up over having lost its children and gone on a rampage (seeing as this is how I'm approaching it).

But making the fox anything other than a rampaging killing machine, whether it be berserk, insane or intelligent will put a black mark down in my book. Occasionally it can be recovered from, other times... yeahno.

8. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Put author name and rating in title. Please get it right in the future.

9. Gizmore

Gizmore Minister of Swedish Affairs DLP Supporter

Didn't like it at all. 1/5

10. Chime

Chime Dark Lord

I personally like the way the author divided Naruto's loyalties. We always see him loving the Sandaime and Konoha, and if he hates them, it's only because he never grew up in Konoha. In this story, Naruto is pretty much a traitor, swayed by the power offered by Ne. Were this the story alone, I think it would be simply enjoyable.

But the author seems to be gratified by having "women" fall in love with Naruto. The only girl who doesn't come be adored by him is Sakura, whom the author bashes in every chapter. Naruto is also ridiculously powerful, and although I think the author does well not making Naruto too powerful, it's like I'm reading Dragonball Z with everyone's reactions to Naruto's amazing ability to hide his super special powers.

Again, there are ideas in this story that I like, and the sheer amount of shit this author has written in such a short time... it's impressive. I couldn't write that much. I think he needs to take a remedial English class, however.

Here's what a corrected summary should say of this story:

Naruto is (unexplicably) abandoned by Kushina at a young age. Because of his father's failed sealing, he is part Shinigami part human. The Kyuubi guiding him down the path of "darkness" Naruto becomes powerful, the adopted son of the Hyuuga, loved by (Hinata,Hanabi,Anko,Kurenai,Haku,Ino,Tenten,Yuugao,Many!OCs,Yugito,Kyuubi and inevitably Temari,Kin,Tayuya,Tsunade,Shizune,Yoruichi) many women, and a member of the secret (to the Hokage) pro-Konoha but anti-Hokage organization Ne. Naruto/probablyYugito or Naruto/Harem.

11. Blazing Chime

Blazing Chime Second Year

Ugh... I remember that story. The writing and grammar is pretty good for a Naruto fanfic. The plot is passable. I don't like how the story develops but I simply dislike this Naruto. That being said, some might like this kind of story but I guess it just isn't for me.

Solid 3/5

12. Sully

Sully Groundskeeper

Dear god, I just finished the ninth chapter and couldn't progress anymore.

Naruto apparently is this wonderful pushover of a guy who let's girls that he's just met beat the shit out of him.

Don't even get me started on how "amazing" his whiskers are and how all the girls in town just think he's so adorable.