1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WIP Bring Out the Blue by maguena1 - T - Avatar: TLA

Discussion in 'Anime, Cartoons, and Comics' started by Agayek, Jan 19, 2013.

1. Agayek

Agayek Dimensional Trunk DLP Supporter

Title: Bringing Out the Blue
    Author: maguena1
    Rating: T
    Genre: Adventure/Friendship
    Fandom: Avatar: The Last Airbender
    Pairings: Canon pairings, but not a major focus
    Summary: AU. The arrow injured the Blue Spirit instead of knocking him out, and Aang never found out his identity. Zuko made a Plan to find out more about the Avatar. He didn't expect so many truths to come from the lies.
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6904038/1/Bringing-Out-the-Blue

Found this one a few days back and haven't been able to tear myself away from it for long since. Zuko makes friends with the Aang's group under the guise of 'the Blue Spirit'. From there, he starts seeing other perspectives and he starts changing.

The real draw for me is Zuko's character arc. His exposure to the Avatar's group on friendly terms drives him to start questioning long-held beliefs, and the inner-conflict is excellently done.

The plot hasn't diverged greatly from canon yet unfortunately. Zuko just sorta joins and leaves the Avatar's group for short periods and participates in various canon events. A few pieces of Zuko/Iroh's plot has been changed, but not to a massive amount IIRC.

However, there is a couple potentially huge plot diversions in progress as of the latest chapter. If it goes how I expect, it should be quite interesting.

I give it a 4/5 now, and I'd definitely consider upping it to 5 if the plot diverges more.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2013