1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete Browncoat, Green Eyes by nonjon - Firefly - M

Discussion in 'The Alternates' started by nonjon, Mar 23, 2006.

1. Niffler Lord

Niffler Lord Headmaster

I finally buckled down and read this story. Until then I haven't even heard of Firefly or Serenity. But after this story I got curious enought download the movie. Now I'm buying the DVDs to Firefly.

Great story nonjon!

2. Kai Shek

Kai Shek Supreme Mugwump

Once again, I loved the new chapter. I just have to wonder if the part about...

*Spoilor Alert*
    Peeves forgetting to speak is realistic. I hope that he remembers pronounciation soon because although he spent maybe 300 years alone, I don't see anyone forgetting to speak.

Its just something that doesn't go away.

3. Lord Apophis

Lord Apophis Professor

Great chapter.

The entire thing with Peeves was great and the clue the goblins gave himwas good. Nothing he can find immidiatly but still capable of finding.

4. razz

razz Seventh Year

I was a little apprehensive about reading a crossover, and its taken me about three weeks, but I finally caught on. I’m so glad I did, too – this is brilliant!!

I do hope poor old Harry does find the witches and wizards sometime.

And I loved Peeves!

5. Lord Apophis

Lord Apophis Professor

Great chapter as usual!

I like the clues that he is getting and that he seams to be sure that he is the last wizard just before he gets another clue :)

I also liked how everyone ganged up on River at the end.

6. Palver

Palver High Inquisitor

Nice chapter!
    Not very much action, but chapter was pretty sad and funny at the end. I like Luna :)

7. Olfrik

Olfrik Seventh Year

Language is infact something that you can forget, if not the language itself then the actual movement of the muscels. My tongue and jaw always ache when I am in poland for the first day. And how I forget my mother tongue when I am too long there... It's not nice.

But to the new chapter, I like how you hold us in suspense just long enough to solve one riddle and show us the next soon after.

8. This_Ancientz_Dream

This_Ancientz_Dream First Year

Awesome story so far. Quite a few points have had me laughing until I nearly cried. One of the biggest things that drew me in to this story to begin with is the reasoning behind Harry making it to the 25th. It was plausible enough, especially with the element of magic thrown into the mix.

There's nothing I hate more than a story that throws Harry (or any lo-jack character) into a futuristic, high tech world with no reasonable explanation for how they managed to keep up. nonjon is not guilty of that sin and I am very happy to be able to say that.

:forkyou

9. CGB

CGB Auror

I usually don't read crossovers, I just can't enjoy them. That is, all crossovers except this one. I really like your story. As This Ancientz Dream said, it's good you had a logical explanation why Harry ended up in the future. I'll give it 4/5 stars and hope you'll update soon.

10. Lord Apophis

Lord Apophis Professor

I love the entire scene with the fire whiskey in the latest chapter, it is also rather amusing how Harry and River are making everyone think that they are constantly having sex.

The end were Jayne cried or almost cried was great.

11. CGB

CGB Auror

Great new chapter. As Lord Apophis said, the Jayne scene at the end was great.

12. nonjon

nonjon Alumni Retired Staff

Yeah. I got a bit mean at the end of this one. Mainly to poor Zoe. Had to recenter myself and make sure I was still on course for where this fic is going. And I am. Should have a real nice evil cliffie at the end of the next chapter.

13. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

Great 'comeback' chapter (although it wasn't really a comeback). Humor was a great refreshment after the plot-driven trip.

14. Lord Osiris

Lord Osiris Auror

It's been a while since i've commented on this fic and im srry Nonjon. Ok so i have to admit that i find myself suspenseful as to what you plan to do about the disapperence of wizarding kind, i also love the way you discribed the reasons as to perhaps why the race of wizards and witchs lost there magic, and thus the justification why the Goblins didn't up and leave.

I find that im curious as to when you plan on resolving the story? because if im not mistaken your fairly far into the climax stage of the stroy...though i could be wrong?

15. nonjon

Bleh. FF.net's relocation meant I'd upped and was halfway through editing the chapter when the site went down. Just now finally posted this weekend's chapter.

And I'd say this chapter marks the end of act 2 and we're about to start act 3. Still got a ways to go. But we are nearing the home stretch. I'd guess we're around a dozen chapters from wrapping this up. Give or take a half dozen.

16. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

Well, that cliffy surely worked fine. I was mildly pissed off by all the filler leading to it, but in hindsight, it served to make the surprise even bigger. Good work.

17. nonjon

Gotta hit him with that when they're not ready for it. And then end the chapter. Was aiming to trick people by making it semi-obvious.

18. Lord Apophis

Lord Apophis Professor

Great chapter, that was one of the most evil cliffie I have ever seen :)

Great scene were Harry healed Rivers hymen :D

19. The Dark Lord Squash

The Dark Lord Squash Denarii Host

Good Cahpter Nonjon, but man that was a evil cliffie. I really did not see that on e comming, which I supose made it all the better.

20. Stalicon

Stalicon High Inquisitor

I bet its not what we'd expect either, the statue is probably filled with dark wizards or my favorite...

Children. I think that the parents would see that chidlren are getting less magical and decide to preserve the race. 11-17 year olds. Then as time went on and kids finally stopped being magical they just forgot or didn't beleive the stories. Poof, bye bye wizard kind!