1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete Browncoat, Green Eyes by nonjon - Firefly - M

Discussion in 'The Alternates' started by nonjon, Mar 23, 2006.

1. zEROfrustration

zEROfrustration Second Year

I have to say that I'm really enjoying this story as I have all of Nonjon's other works of comedy. Can't wait for the next chapter to find out who's in the statue.

*Bows to the master of comedy*

2. CGB

CGB Auror

Great new chapter nonjon. Excellent written. As said before, I can't wait for the next chapter.

3. brannon1986

brannon1986 Guest

I have read until chapter 29 and I am absolutely hooked to the point that if you ever try to just suddenly stop the story I will find you werever you are and do unspeakable things to you untill you continue with it. My strange humor aside, fantasic story, you are giving the "Potter'verse" a new shining star. I rate this story as a total success

4. Ivy_Snowe

Ivy_Snowe Second Year

Okay, that was good. I was wondering about who was in the statue. Also, Jayne flashing was genius. That is a good explanation of what happened to the wizarding world. The way it was stated is so subtle that it just rolls over you and you say 'Yeah, sounds reasonable to me.' Of course, it probably helps that Harry and the others pretty much figured it all out along the way. The line about the prophecy had me cracking up. Cheers.

5. nonjon

nonjon Alumni Retired Staff

It was actually a planned sort of introduction, hint strongly, halfway accept as a foregone conclusion, and *then* reveal it to be true. Springing a truth like that would've been too depressing. And this is still intended to be just a simple pleasant happy story.

6. Lord Apophis

Lord Apophis Professor

Great chapter as usual!

I love Jayne flashing :) It was a great way to finally know what happened to the wizarding world...

7. Blackbarn

Blackbarn Guest

I think this story is great. This last chapter was no exception. Like others I enjoyed the 'Jayne Flashing' as well as the prophecy part. I pretty much said the same thing in my head as I read that line talking about the prophecy. Now somewhat over the hurdle of the disappearance of magic I can't wait for future chapters. Thanks for writing!

8. The Dark Lord Squash

The Dark Lord Squash Denarii Host

I to enjoyed the latest chapter and like the direction that this story is going in and like everyone else I found the Jayne flashing to be disturbingly funny.

9. Ivy_Snowe

Ivy_Snowe Second Year

Oh man. That was another great chapter. Again it was informative and wicked hilarious. Baby panda is not the new veal. I will remember that for a very long time. Kidnapping evil babies. Honestly, that whole trail of thought was really insightful to the complete randomness of it all. And I also enjoyed how the story of the wizards was passed down to the families entrusted with the secret order. Wizard Demons. Nicely done. Also, having a character who wasn't obliviated, well, I forsee a good twist with that. Cheers.

10. Lord Apophis

Lord Apophis Professor

Well at least you can always trust secret orders :) I hope we see some fighting between the secret order and the wizard demons!

Great chapter as usual

11. CGB

CGB Auror

Great new chapter. I just wonder if the "save the wizards after you found a magical planet" to "Don't let the evil wizard demons out" change was intentionally.

12. nonjon

Hehe... everyone's condemning poor Stephanie and the 'secret order of the non-magical wizard', but honestly folks, what have they done wrong?

Welcome strangers into their home? Listen to the stories from their parents? Who just listened to the stories from their parents and passed them on to their kids? Tsk tsk. I was tempted to make Stephanie Smith named Buffy just for the fighting the good fight against demons, but decided that'd just complicate things for people. I doubt they're going to play a major role, but the odds of them popping back up before we're done are pretty high.

We're getting closer to the end of this fic finally. Still not sure how much we got to go. Half dozen chapters, maybe more.

13. Vascudo

Vascudo First Year

EVIL WIZARD DEMONS!
    Heh,that was just rich...I love you Nonjon. In a completely platonic way of course!

14. World

World Oberstgruppenführer DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Great new chapter. Of course I saw the ending coming, I mean who didn't ...

But honestly, great new twist, a very nice plot brilliantly placed into the Firefly universe (from what I can see at least) and still keeping the great nonjon humour. Brilliance.

15. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

Interesting chapter, especially considering how much of it was pure dialogue. Thankfully, ring shopping filler served as a nice distraction. I saw the twist coming a mile away, but reading through your notes could have had something to do with it...

Last edited: Sep 25, 2006
  16. Palver

Palver High Inquisitor

Well, very nice chapter. Ring shopping was pretty funny, and I like Miranda plot.

17. Lord Apophis

Lord Apophis Professor

Love the scene were Kaylee talks to Simon about allowing their baby to be experemented on :) As usual was it a great chapter and I loved the end of the chapter...

18. Ivy_Snowe

Ivy_Snowe Second Year

Loved the whole bit about selling their kid for experimentation. Hilarious that Simon believed it so easily. Ring shopping was a nice distraction/filler. Honestly, how do you know so much about the female psyche? So, they're heading back to Miranda? Nicely done.

19. nonjon

To paraphrase a classy guy: I think of a man, and I take away reason and accountability, then I add yummy boobs.

20. Lord Apophis

Lord Apophis Professor

I just read the lastest chapter and it was great as usual

I like the explanation of The Alliance possible motives for The Pax and the War along with why Reavers were created.