1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete Browncoat, Green Eyes by nonjon - Firefly - M

Discussion in 'The Alternates' started by nonjon, Mar 23, 2006.

1. harryboy111

harryboy111 Guest

“I’m Rambo,” Jayne cheered happily.

“Yes Rambo,” Simon tiredly said. “We know you like your name.”

“Rambo,” Jayne said again.

absolutely hilarious. i couldn't stop laughing in this chapter when they were doing the names. it was just so funny.

2. nonjon

nonjon Alumni Retired Staff

Harry was 152 when he froze himself. Slept for 386 years outside of time. Two years pass after he wakes up to now in the fic, so he's about 154 now. When he 'woke up' he looked fifties-ish with slight wrinkles and a healthy chunk of gre hair. When he resurfaced in chapter one, he appears twenties-ish. Hasn't come up in the fic, but it's just a simple glamour distancing young "Harry" from the older "Harry Potter".

I figured if Dumbledore looked seventies-ish in his 160's and I'm pushing Harry to have a good century ahead of him (part of why he went to sleep), so looking fifties-ish seemed apt.

3. silvananoir

silvananoir First Year

Thank you, two of my favourite fandoms combined.

4. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

That's a nice chapter, although Harry might have gotten a bit too moralistic with those two agents. He'll probably be forced to come out of closet pretty soon anyway, he simply let it slip too many hints about magic.

5. nonjon

Yeah. It hasn't really come up too much yet but this Harry is more like a kind, gentle Dumbledore sort of character (the image and canonish attitude - not the vindictive manipulative bastard some of you are convinced he is) than he is a young, jaded, independent dark lord potter sort of character. He grew up in a pretty twisted dark period where the sort of everyone's out to get you, paranoid attitude is necessary. And then he learned to interact and live in more peaceful times. Only whipping out the big bad angry dark lord killer attitude when he had too.

And the revealing he's a wizard bit is just a little over a chapter away. It could sneak in to the end of the next chapter maybe. Depends on how the next one unfolds. But it's real close. Got to get this plot moving forward.

6. arkeus

arkeus Seventh Year

Really good, as always. I have never seen serenity or firefly, but... hey, your characters are really enjoyable, we can see how much of a better writer you are now than you were at the beginning of where is harry potter. Glad your hairy isn't too dark lord potteish too. Why be evil when you are strong enough to permit yourself to be good? Still wonder where the plot is going , though.

7. harryboy111

harryboy111 Guest

this story just keeps getting better and better every chapter. it is almost a must read

8. radioactive

radioactive Third Year

It is a must-read. No almost whatsoever. And we begin to see some plot in the last chapter. Just don't try to figure out where it will go from there...

9. World

World Oberstgruppenführer DLP Supporter Retired Staff

At first I chose not to read this because of the crossover part. When I did it kept me up until 6 in the morning to finish reading. I really like all your stories and this one was no exception. I guess River is a good substitute for Luna.
    Keep up the good work, I'm looking forward to the next update.

10. doc_gerbil

doc_gerbil Sixth Year

is this supposed to be a river/harry thing or no pairing. i caaaaant tell.

11. nonjon

Yes and no. But more no than yes.

Basically, if the story is 35 chapters long, then River and Harry will finally get together in chapter 40. Won't happen in my fic, won't be explicitly formally addressed. But they certainly won't be dating anyone else either.

12. Patrik f

Patrik f Guest

great chapter as usual. I wonder how they will react to the truth about harry finally comes out, I loved the fight scene between harry and river

13. DarthBill

DarthBill The Chosen One

Isn't River a little young for Harry? Makes him into a bit of a dirty old man.

14. Heleor

Heleor EsperJones DLP Supporter

Understatement, much?

He's a few centuries old, she's 18?

15. DarthBill

DarthBill The Chosen One

Well...at least she's of age, right? Besides, if anyone deserves to still be getting some when he's 300, and from an 18 year old, it's Harry.

16. nonjon

In my notes, Harry's now 154 (not counting 386 year nap) and River's 20 (I think she was about 17 at the start of Firefly, 18 in Serenity, and 2 years after the movie my fic starts).

Yup. A bit squicky. It's one of the reasons it won't be happening.

The other main reason being that I despise all shipping in all fanfic ever. Yup all of it is bad. Sometimes I do it. But I'm always looking for excuses to not have it. Still haven't decided on whether Mal and Inara will get their stories straight, but they're the only 'maybe' relationship. Kaylee and Simon are stuck together from canon, and my desire to keep things happy leaves them as an annoying and bubbly couple.

17. Shuujaku

Shuujaku Fourth Year

Nice. The Jayne/Inara bit was funny too... and something I could see really happening.

18. Patrik f

Patrik f Guest

Great chapter as usual, Jayne is easily becoming my favorite character...

19. Heleor

Heleor EsperJones DLP Supporter

Oh, never having seen the movie, nor the series, I always thought she was 16, 18 in your story. Oops, not that it matters much!

20. DarthBill

DarthBill The Chosen One

:D

Loved the chapter. It's about time they found out.