1. Hey Guest, welcome back to DLP

As you can see, we've changed our look. We've migrated from vBulletin to the Xenforo forum system. There may be issues or missing functionality, if you find anything or have feedback, please check out the new Xenforo Migration Feedback forum.

Our dark ("Dark Lord Potter") theme is under heavy development. We also have a light ("Light Lord Potter") theme for those happier with a light background and darker text.

Dismiss Notice

Bungie's Destiny

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Klackerz, Feb 18, 2013.

1. Dr. Strange Lulz

Dr. Strange Lulz Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Really missing weapon rolls. I've reached a point where my characters are all maxed, I have all the mods I want on my gear, I have all of the weapons/armor that I wanted - even those from trials and the raid... And there just isnt a reason for me to do anything anymore beyond simply enjoying it.

Max light so milestones are pointless, have all the raid gear so why put myself through it again?

I mean, I'm still doing all of it...

But I miss the weapon rolls from D1, they gave me a reason to keep playing - always hoping to find that godrolled weapon. And even if you werent aiming for something specific, you never knew when you'd find some random gun with a crazy roll on it.

I'll keep playing because I enjoy the activities, but I'd like to have something to collect or progress towards.

2. Gengar

Gengar Polymagus Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Grab 5 other peeps and become the Rattiest Kings of the Crucible.

3. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Or make a compilation video of tractor cannon kills!

4. Meerkats

Meerkats High Inquisitor

Ward of dawn sentinel + tractor cannon on countdown. Bring misery to your enemy.

5. Anarchy

Anarchy Prisoner DLP Supporter

This marks the second reset in a row that I've missed... and I don't care. I'm not sure what it was that this game was missing, but perhaps it simply that there's not actually all that much to do. You can grind as much as you want, but to what point? The content that you grind for isn't that fun, and the grind itself isn't that fun. The equipment system is pretty much worthless, and it's a far cry from other actual RPGs. Like, grinding an hour to raise the light level on my MIDA by one so I hit the next unmodded light level so public events now drop a single higher level of gear, while also hoping RNG to give me some exotics, and the transferring the gear over to a secondary character to do the same thing, repeat to infinity... I'm glad I really didn't put that much time into the game. It's missing the spark that makes a good game truly great. Like, if you break down what the game is trying to do into its core components, it fails on ever comparison. As an FPS, it's quite lacking. As an RPG, it's quite lacking. As an MMO, it's quite lacking. Like, it should have something to identify itself with. Instead it's just a worse version of a lot of preexisting games.

6. Gengar

Gengar Polymagus Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I think the game has always failed hard as an rpg. There's no progression in terms of strength insomuch gearing has always just been an arbitrary number. I don't ever feel like I'm getting more powerful and that seems to be the same in this game.

The incredibly basic/nonexistant class customisation is another nail. How you go backwards from the original boggles my fucking mind.

I feel like this game desperately needs to go the way of Diablo for me to get interested. Scrap pvp - and thus any need for balance - and make it an actual rpg with proper progression and customization...

I may have also spent a not insignificant amount of my gaming money on gatchas so i need to cut games out of my todo list...

7. Meerkats

Meerkats High Inquisitor

The game has an identity crisis, Bungie doesn't know what they want to make. PVP is going one way, pve is going the other and they're hurting each other in the process.

It's actually crazy to me how many steps back they've taken from D1. I could write an essay about what's wrong with this game.

The biggest problem imo is Bungie's insistence to keep everything the same between pve and PVP. It's hurt the game countless of times and they've gimped almost every mechanic in D2 for the sake of "balance."

What they made is a dull and lifeless game that's not even balanced.

And at the end of all that, after taking PVP so seriously and making so many design changes for its sake, they launched the game in this state: there are 2 playlists, you can't choose the game mode you want to play, there is no dedicated servers, no private or custom matches, matchmaking is a mess, spawning is completely broken, the tick rate is aweful and there are no leaderboards or ranks or seasons.

PS: in regards to gatcha games. I started my FGO account with 2 5* in the first week but as soon as I saw Mordred and Ishtar in Japan I knew I would spend all the money. Thank God I saved myself the misery