1. Hey Guest,

Are you handy with Photoshop? Do you feel the DLP Anakin logo is tired and old? Do you want to win a special as of yet undetermined prize? Join the DLP Banner Photoshop Competition! Fame, fortune, and the respect of your peers await those that enter. Sadness, despair, and a deep self-loathing await those that do not.

Enter the competition.
    Dismiss Notice

Bungie's Destiny

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Klackerz, Feb 18, 2013.

1. Johnnyseattle

Johnnyseattle Auror DLP Supporter

Picked this up on Friday at the insistence/peer pressure of one of my friends. Absolute blast - it's like Borderlands, but as an MMO and with more subtle humor. I have been referring to it as 'Acrophobia Simulator 2017' - holy shit, the devs are in love with trying to make you fall to your death repeatedly. I never played the first one, so I feel kinda lost a bit on a few things - I'm at level 14, and I'm about out of ways to spend points on abilities. Am I right in assuming I get another subclass sometime soon or something? And is there some kind of way to make or alter weapons and armor? I figured out yesterday I could actually dismantle some of the crap in my embarrassingly overflowing inventory. Don't judge me.

All in all it's incredible though, and optimized beautifully - runs like a top on my 3-year-old machine with the 960 still under the hood, and my 960M laptop as well. I hadn't bought a full-price game since Witcher 3, and I consider it money well spent.

2. silverlasso

silverlasso Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Yes you will get another subclass soon. There are mods for weapons/armor but they're mostly useless right now. They're useful for raising light level (once you get to light level 280 you can construct legendary mods that give a +5 bonus) but the effects are uninspiring. Hopefully this is something they address in a future patch.

Also to anyone/everyone, feel free to add me on PC: sumzup#1691 (mention DLP or something, hard to know otherwise)