1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete Burn, Baby, Burn by Dark-Syaoran

Discussion in 'Humor' started by KeshinNoAkui, Oct 8, 2006.

1. KeshinNoAkui

KeshinNoAkui Seventh Year

Title: Burn, Baby, Burn
    Author: Dark-Syaoran
    Rating: Teen
    Genre: Humor/General
    Pairing: None
    Chapters: 8
    Words: 29,306 (ff.net)
    Updated: 08-11-07
    Published: 03-01-06

Summary: Harry Potter loves to watch things burn. A series of oneshot ficlets. [Pyromaniac Harry]
    Links:

FanFiction.Net

DLP.Net

PatronusCharm.Net

I was rather surprised that this wasn't posted here, as most of his other stories are, and I found it rather refreshing, and hilarious at times. I did notice, however, that this was posted in the "Work By Authors" section of the forum, but I think they're more for critiquing, and not for getting more reads/reviews (on FF.net anyways).

Checked by Minion, February 5, 2013

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2013
  2. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Heh. My baby.

I never really felt the need to post it in the library, since it was in the 'Work by Author' but it doesnt really matter. At least someone is thinking of my stories. :)

I think another reason I didnt post it was because I originally started off as a oneshot. It wasnt until later that I began writing more chapters.

3. radioactive

radioactive Third Year

I have to agree, it deserves mention in the library. 5/5, was there ever any doubt?

4. Mordecai

Mordecai Drunken Scotsman –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I have to admit to not finding it to be brilliant. Its technically well written, and fairly absorbing. But definately not a shining example of fanfiction or anything like that.

3/5

5. Fuegodefuerza

Fuegodefuerza Minister of Magic

[size=+2]BLASPHEMY![/size]

This is 7392740/5. No doubt. Sheer originality, tone and entertainment value bump this from a well-written 3.5/5 to it's current value.

6. Dark Lord Rostam

Dark Lord Rostam Button La Famiglia Midknight

In that thing you call a closet. Better watch out,
    Dude, no. It's an 6786846164671346357632468675678679754564867/5. I thought you knew. Yeah, anyways, it's fucking awesome. What you talking about Mord, it so fucking fun.

7. doc_gerbil

doc_gerbil Sixth Year

THE LINK DID NOT WORK FOR ME. yes i know i could just go to the work by author section but damnit. im lazy. infinity +1/5. beat that.

8. Gullible

Gullible Headmaster

Sitting in front of a broken compooter, lolololol
    Infinity^3/5

Beaten! :p

9. DarthBill

DarthBill The Chosen One

Yes, I enjoyed the pyro!Harry, but you all need to stop kissing ass. It's not befitting of a dark lord.

Still; a great story.

10. Fuegodefuerza

Fuegodefuerza Minister of Magic

One question: Is it kissing ass if you really mean it? Because I honestly and truly love this story.

11. DarthBill

DarthBill The Chosen One

It's kissing ass when you make up a number to give as its rating because a big enough one doesn't exist.

12. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

A collection of intenpendent fictlets, ranging from extremely good to above average. Most of them are rather awkwardly attached to the canon, with rather unbelieveable explanations for Harry getting where he is, while being basically a sociopath. But still, sarcastic humor and action, followed by burning everything down in the end has a rather cool taste to it.
    4/5

13. KeshinNoAkui

KeshinNoAkui Seventh Year

I think out of all of them, the 1st, 3rd, and 5ths are truly worth noting. 1st one just cause it seems plausible, plus the deaths are quite hilarious (from an irony point of view mostly), 3rd cause of how Snape died (along with Hermione), and 5th just cause of Luna's reaction to him being a pyro. =P

I give it 4/5.

14. doc_gerbil

doc_gerbil Sixth Year

i am no dark lord. im a gerbil doctor. therefore i have no real issue kissing ass. Its my job.

15. Project Dark Overlord

Project Dark Overlord First Year

Loved the pyro-Harry twist... fire makes everything better :) . Especially, enjoyed the reactions to him when other characters discovered his tendencies. One of the few stories that actually make me laugh anymore.

16. Slipher675

Slipher675 First Year

I have liked this story since I first read it a couple months after it was first posted. But it looks like it could actually be made into a whole story instead of just a series of one-shots.

17. Calen

Calen Fourth Year

I've read this a few times and have to say, I like. Harry's character is just so amusing and thoroughly sadistic..... I love it! Though it did leave me wishing that this was written as a full length story, continuation with the chapters it does work well as one shots.

5/5.:cool:

18. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

Syao's 'baby' is adored by all.

19. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Maybe someday, when 'other-stories-that-shall-not-be-named' are complete, I may write a proper Pyro!Harry story. I wouldnt hold your breath, though.

20. Amerision

Amerision Galactic Sheep Emperor DLP Supporter

Ohooh, I'd love to see a story where Harry makes Ginny live up to her "fiery" personality. Literally.

Or even a story where Harry charbroils the Squid for an evening snack.

Howabout a Harry so obsessed with the Goblet of Fire he actually does find a way to get past the age-line, but accidentally enters himself when he tries to burn his papers in it for amusement.

Or a Harry Potter who makes use of that Sun in the DoM.

Or a Harry Potter who won't hesitate to burn off the Dementor's clothes, revealing its true nature - killing everyone around him.

Hey! A Harry Potter who, instead of fighting the boggart, ovens it by setting aflame the cabinent, becoming the first to discover its true nature.

Or a Harry that refuses to enter to lake in the second competition, finding some odd way around it like evaporating its entirety.

0_o

Come on Syao!