1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Can anyone recommend some high quality Harry Potter fanfics?

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by The Pro, Jul 28, 2016.

Not open for further replies.
  1. The Pro

The Pro Seventh Year

High Score:
    I know that the Harry Potter fanfic domain is one of the largest (if not the largest) fanfic domain out there. Most of the fics present in this domain form part of the ever-growing cesspool of utter garbage, with standards seeming to drop more and more with each passing day. I have already perused the library and it really is quite difficult to find any good fics aside from the ones listed there. That's why I really need someone to recommend some good ones to me. I'd prefer if the ones recommended are the best of the best, with excellent grammar, good prose and exceptional wordbuilding.

The ones I've read already are:
    A Black Comedy
    A Cadmean Victory
    Dagger and Rose
    Harry Potter and the Boy Who Lived
    C'est La Vie
    A Marauder's Plan
    On the Way to Greatness
    Better Be Slytherin!
    Harry's New Home

Anything apart from the fics listed above will be great. Thanks.

2. wordhammer

wordhammer Dark Lord DLP Supporter

3. Heather_Sinclair

Heather_Sinclair Chief Warlock

Man... if there were only a place where someone could go that had a "Library" which had high rated stories stored there. That would be great! It would be even better if they had the stories divided into different categories and tagged so I could find them with ease.

4. The Pro

The Pro Seventh Year

High Score:
    I agree wholeheartedly. Most of the stories in any fandom at all are just part of the cesspool of trash. If they grouped all the high-rated stories accordingly it would be so convenient for any user at all.

---------- Post automerged at 09:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 AM ----------

To be honest I forgot to mention that I've already checked that community and exhausted literally all of the stories there too. Thanks anyways.

5. fire

fire Order Member

Heather is being sarcastic. She's referencing the fact that DLP has the very thing in question - the Library. I mean, it literally takes up half the forum front page - how could you have missed it?

6. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

... lol.

Bud, the entire purpose of DLP is to link to fics we think are good. Go to each separate genre subform in the library, click the word "Rating" above all those pretty stars, and you'll get the fics that we believe are good.

Now, I'm going to lock this. But if you want to search for a specific fic, or search for a fic similar in plot or style to one you've read and liked, go ahead and make another thread.

Not open for further replies.