1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete Cenotaph by Notes - T - Worm

Discussion in 'Worm' started by Vira, Dec 31, 2013.

1. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    It helps if you're wanting criticism. Also SB is difficult to navigate at the best of times.

Doesn't matter as much if you just want readers though; I'm not going to complain over having to click a couple of links on the internet.

2. notes

notes DA Member

Criticism always helps, though not always the way either I or the critic may expect. Will have it up in WBA later tonight.

WBA thread is up, populating it.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2014
  3. Mock Moniker

Mock Moniker Professor

It would be preferable, but really it's not that big of a deal for us to just read it over there. Maintaining two separate threads on two different forums would probably be a bigger inconvenience to you than the current situation is to your readers.

4. Chime

Chime Dark Lord

https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/wake-worm-au-complete.305014/

Maybe this deserves its own thread, but I should note the above links to a continuation of Cenotaph. It ends on a cliffhanger, and by that virtue, it's just not as good; however, it's still great.

Cenotaph is lovely because it focuses on Taylor's personal conflicts and her embittered singly-driven spirit. It has splashes of character interaction, but solely drives on a rail guided by Taylor's drive. I hope there's more to this series, but given the amount of time since Wake, I won't hold my breath.

One of the peculiar things about this story is how invisible Taylor manages to stay. It's unique, since most Worm fics have her quickly catapulting to stardom - which is admittedly easy in Worm.

5. Quiddity

Quiddity Squib ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Wake has it's own WBA, actually, here, and is pretty well known on this board. You are right that it doesn't have its own thread, though I'm conflicted on whether or not it ought to have a separate one - on the one hand, they are the same series, on the other, they are both relatively distinct and different stories, and IMO the ratings for each would be different because of it.

A more useful link, by the by, is the AOOO version, which is easier to read on its own.

(Speaking of which, here is the AOOO version of Centopah, which isn't linked in the first post.)